/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Toouching members of opposite sex

soheil1
09-27-2017, 05:18 PM
Hello.
I was wondering if other Islamic sects shake hands with members of the opposite sex and how do they justify it to themselves?

Thanks in advance

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
noraina
09-27-2017, 06:46 PM
Assalamu alaykum

I'm not aware of any Islamic 'sects' specifically saying you can shake hands with members of the opposite sex.

There are many Muslims who do shake hands, and plenty of worse things, but I put that down to either heedlessness or lack of knowledge.

azc
01-25-2018, 09:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by soheil1
Hello.
I was wondering if other Islamic sects shake hands with members of the opposite sex and how do they justify it to themselves?

Thanks in advance
No, shaking hands with opposite gender isn't permitted in Islam.

No sect in my knowledge is which gives this permission but it's possible that some liberal or progressive Muslims are of this opinion.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.