/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What does the real Islamic Hijab look like?

Amalalharbi
10-03-2017, 02:04 PM
What does the real Islamic hijab looks like? What about gloves?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
venividiveci
10-03-2017, 05:09 PM
It can be whatever you like. As long as it meets the Islamic legislative requirements.

MidnightRose
10-03-2017, 06:11 PM
:salam:

Here's a resource that may help. Click on the image for a free PDF copy.

As an important note: To fully appreciate the guidance provided in this work, it is recommended that the book be read in its entirety - cover to cover.

Amalalharbi
10-03-2017, 06:27 PM
If you see a woman wearing a gloves with hijab is it a problem or not ?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Amalalharbi
10-03-2017, 10:49 PM
I started wearing gloves last year my family didn't like it at all they always keep telling

me don't wear it . but the thing that made me wear gloves is Aisha, may Allah be

pleased with her, she is my example ,Alqasim ben Muhammad her nephew may

Allah be pleased with him said my aunt used to wear a gold rings .
the book of ( Aisha Umm Almo'meneen ) ,

it means the rest of Sahaba may Allah be pleased with them didn't see her hands or what do you think ?

venividiveci
10-04-2017, 12:02 AM
I don't know the fiqhi details about whether hands are considered awrah or not, I don't believe they are. But personally, I think if you are so inclined then the more modesty the better. Modesty is beautiful. A rare virtue these days.

shafat10
10-14-2017, 01:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Amalalharbi
As long as you follow the criterias mentioned in the Sunnah, you're all good. Around 6 criterias you can gather, for instance:
1) For extent, for females, the whole body should be covered, the only part that might be shown are the face and hands up to the wrist. Though there are scholars who say even those should be covered.
2) The dress should not be tight enough so it reveals the shape of the body.
3) The dress should not be glamourous enough that it attracts the opposite gender. Hence wearing dresses which has several designs and shines, may be avoided.
4) The dress should not be transparent so that you can see through. In that way, wearing and not wearing one doesn't make any difference.
5) Cross dressing is not allowed. You cannot wear the dress of a male in the society you live in.
6) The dress should not contain Shirk. It should not contain signs of the disbelievers, so wearing any religious dress of another religion is prohibited.

These basically are the ones. Point to note, Islam has not chosen the dress of any specific locality / country / region to be the only Islamic dress. It rather has guidelines, and based on guidelines, any dress you make can be an Islamic dress. But the Salaf did wear the black cloth, the Abaya, and the preferred colour was black. So if you chose to wear a Black Abaya, that's perfectly all right. Face can be covered, it's better to cover. Some scholars said it may be kept open, but that's up to you. For the hands, if you have problems covering, like it can be difficult when you are working or the like, then you may keep open, but one group of scholars have preferred that the hands can also be covered, so if you want to, there is simply no problem to do so. It is totally up to you. Hope this helps.

noraina
10-14-2017, 01:54 PM
Wa alaykum assalam,

I believe for the majority of the scholars everything of a woman is the awrah and must be covered apart from the face and hands, although there are some who believe even the face and hands must be covered.

However, if you want to wear gloves there is nothing wrong with it in the slightest. The more a Muslim woman covers herself the better ma'sha'Allah. Your family might grumble a little (mine certainly did when I began dressing more modestly :D), but when they see that there is only goodness in this they'll come around in'sha'Allah.

sister herb
10-14-2017, 02:36 PM
Sister Amalalharbi;

As you wrote your family didn´t like it when you started to use gloves, what was their reason why they disliked it? Or did they tell any?

Amalalharbi
10-14-2017, 02:47 PM
May Allah reward you . and grant us together in Paradise

last time we went to Turkey I do not wear a glove and try to get my hands inside my hejab (Abayah) in the presence of men. But once we were walking in the Maidan market , a Muslim woman passed by me and pushed me very hard. it hurt me a lot . But the pain in myself is even worse , this didn't stop me, but There I knew why my family did not allow me to wear a gloves abroad . Allah, guide and help us , to do what He loves and pleases Him . if you think of Allah only Allah will make people think and care of you . I am happy to hear this from you

Supernova
10-14-2017, 04:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Amalalharbi
Asalaamualaykum:

Sometimes when we use English words in Islam, it might hold a similar meaning but, yet loose part of the meaning.

The objective about hijab is not covering but rather concealment.

When hijab is portrayed just as covering – many people think that so far as the part is covered its fine, and then tend to wear tight fitting clothing under the concept of “covered”.

When Islam talks about concealment – it pertains to neither seeing the skin AND knowing the complete shape and size of the area.

I have noticed in my travels that the people who got this bang on the money is most of the elder Somali woman. The hijab is one massive cover that fits over the head and then drapes as a long piece till the feet. In my opinion – this is the best. The entire garment is not tight and it only has 3 points of resting contact over the body. That is the head and both shoulders. After the shoulders it drapes so wide that it’s impossible to exactly know the waist size, hip size, bust size, rear size of the woman. Many of our UK readers will definitely know what I’m referring to.

Whilst on the topic of not revealing the Awrah – let us not forget that the Awrah of a man is navel to knee hence tight-fitting garments revealing the skin or the size of these areas are in fact incorrect.

The example about Somali woman I stated is obviously not the only way to wear it but in my opinion- it is almost impossible to wear a garment that rests on less than 3 points.

It is my belief that the Acid test is this: (And this is common sense)

Ask another sister who doesn’t know you to guess your Bust size, hip size and waist size. If she scores it rather close or spot on – then in reality a man can score that too hence you can’t be in Hijab. You are truly not concealing your body.

Whilst on this topic we need to appreciate every Muslimah and Mu’mina tries their best.

Verily we all are sinners.

M.I.A.
10-14-2017, 04:48 PM
"The objective about hijab is not covering but rather concealment."

...true.

Ig i could b3 a nija i would also..

I think my gingers are growing!

..fingera.

This is why i edit my posts often. Good luck ladies.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.