View Full Version : Who should I marry?

Voltman123
10-06-2017, 11:56 AM
Salam,

Generally speaking, is it better for 2nd generation Western Muslims to
marry other 2nd/3rd/4th etc. generation Western Muslims/reverts or would
they be better off marrying someone from abroad from their parents'
country instead?

What is the general consensus among the global ummah community today?

Thanks,
Voltman123

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
sister herb
10-06-2017, 01:15 PM
Marry pious, practicing Muslim woman. You can find such persons from every generations. :D

Amalalharbi
10-06-2017, 01:28 PM
Assalamu Alaykum wa rahmatu Allah

يَا أَيُّهَا النَّاسُ إِنَّا خَلَقْنَاكُمْ مِنْ ذَكَرٍ وَأُنْثَىٰ وَجَعَلْنَاكُمْ شُعُوبًا وَقَبَائِلَ لِتَعَارَفُوا ۚ إِنَّ أَكْرَمَكُمْ عِنْدَ اللَّهِ أَتْقَاكُمْ ۚ إِنَّ اللَّهَ عَلِيمٌ خَبِيرٌ)

(49:13) O mankind, indeed We have created you from male and female and made you peoples and tribes that you may know one another. Indeed, the most noble of you in the sight of Allah is the most righteous of you. Indeed, Allah is Knowing and Acquainted.

M.I.A.
10-06-2017, 02:51 PM
It depends on who you are and what you aspire to be.

If you already follow your parents and are content with the path they have given you then follow them.

If you are about your education and where it is leading you then find someone appropriate.

If you are influenced by religion in the things you do then find someone who takes religion seriously.

If you already have a preconceived notion of what you want then you could try and find such a person.

Whatever you choose it will ultimately be changed by what you actually are.. or you may have to change..

To your betterment or detriment.

Honestly in hindsight i just wouldnt have got married..

The institution as it is today, is a poor reflection of reality.

Such a crooked place i have never seen lol..

But if your winning its ok.

right or wrong? no idea

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
anatolian
10-06-2017, 07:03 PM
You should marry to whom you think you should marry..

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.