/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Should i leave my mother.

legendaryman
10-07-2017, 08:27 AM
I was sinning due to living with my mother, I heard that from hadees we have to leave the place of sin, after repenting to allah.. Is it true..? She watches television daily. Which triggers many things in me, i don't watch it but it affects me

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Amalalharbi
10-07-2017, 12:07 PM
31:14) And We have enjoined upon man [care] for his parents. His mother carried him, [increasing her] in weakness upon weakness, and his weaning is in two years. Be grateful to Me and to your parents; to Me is the [final] destination.

31:15) But if they endeavor to make you associate with Me that of which you have no knowledge, do not obey them but accompany them in [this] world with appropriate kindness and follow the way of those who turn back to Me [in repentance]. Then to Me will be your return, and I will inform you about what you used to do.

Surat luqman

There are many ways other than leaveing your beloved mother. In sha Allah you will find the way trust in Allah

talibilm
10-07-2017, 12:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by legendaryman
I was sinning due to living with my mother, I heard that from hadees we have to leave the place of sin, after repenting to allah.. Is it true..? She watches television daily. Which triggers many things in me, i don't watch it but it affects me
:sl:

Is she is a Muslim .?

is she praying her salah ?

is she watching very haram things ?

could you avoid it keeping yourselves in a different room ?

Kindly answer this inshallah we will try to find a right solution for your problem.

please reply

M.I.A.
10-07-2017, 12:16 PM
I feel that when we get to a point, everything becomes grating.

Even if she did not watch television.. you would find something that annoys or irritates you.

So now you have a problem..

And bringing a problem to the table is worth almost nothing if you have not thought of a starting point for the solution.

I watch a lot of tv..

Its an escape, its not in any way reflective of the situation or reality..

I spend a lot of time on ib at present.. it does not make me anything within the general day to day interactions of the present.
I know a lot of driving instructors..
To be fair maybe i would have left this place a long time ago..

But i was put here with compulsion and need..

So i need to get clever some how.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
legendaryman
10-07-2017, 12:29 PM
We are three in home, me my brother and mother,... My brother and mother do not pray a single prayer, as far as I know... Actually they don't have knowledge about Islam,. If you ask them about shirk, they cannot answer forget about rest of things , so i think it doesn't matter if occasionally pray, offcourse they pray Friday prayer..
They always talk about other people, backbite, slander was a normal talking for them.
They have taken loans from bank for sister marriage, i many times told not to do, but they never listened to me.
Yeah, i have tried to not watch television by going to different room, i find myself swinging from sin to sin free,. Over the last few months i also started liking television and started watching it , today i realised that this all just due them,.. Today i have written on my calendar(to help me remind daily) that not "television is good" as takes you to even greater sins and spoil time. Songs and etc.
But i want to permanently stop sinning. I am already swinging from sin and not sinning..
There over all attitude is unislamic...
And bad news my all relatives aunt, grandmother, elder brother, the whole relatives do not have single knowledge about Islam even through if they have, they don't use, they are not practicing Muslims, every relatives have a television, they gather and talk about haram television shows like based on lottery, love movies.. Etc they talk about actors...

Yesterday Friday bayan was about backbiting and sins of tongues... I find myself doing tongue sins with them, i know immediately stoped talking with them,.. But I know this won't last long,. After some time going find again Same sins with them..

Amalalharbi
10-07-2017, 01:44 PM
I think it all depends on patience. You see your situation, no one will understand your situation more than you, if you can be patient with them and try to bring them back to the right path through your ethics. or doing what do you want to do . the prophet peace be upon him said ( tuba for the strangers)

Hamza Asadullah
10-08-2017, 10:53 PM
We are three in home, me my brother and mother,... My brother and mother do not pray a single prayer, as far as I know... Actually they don't have knowledge about Islam,. If you ask them about shirk, they cannot answer forget about rest of things , so i think it doesn't matter if occasionally pray, offcourse they pray Friday prayer..
They always talk about other people, backbite, slander was a normal talking for them.
They have taken loans from bank for sister marriage, i many times told not to do, but they never listened to me.
Yeah, i have tried to not watch television by going to different room, i find myself swinging from sin to sin free,. Over the last few months i also started liking television and started watching it , today i realised that this all just due them,.. Today i have written on my calendar(to help me remind daily) that not "television is good" as takes you to even greater sins and spoil time. Songs and etc.
But i want to permanently stop sinning. I am already swinging from sin and not sinning..
There over all attitude is unislamic...
And bad news my all relatives aunt, grandmother, elder brother, the whole relatives do not have single knowledge about Islam even through if they have, they don't use, they are not practicing Muslims, every relatives have a television, they gather and talk about haram television shows like based on lottery, love movies.. Etc they talk about actors...

Yesterday Friday bayan was about backbiting and sins of tongues... I find myself doing tongue sins with them, i know immediately stoped talking with them,.. But I know this won't last long,. After some time going find again Same sins with them..

Almighty Allah says:

O ye who believe! save yourselves and your families from a Fire whose fuel is Men and Stones, over which are (appointed) angels stern (and) severe, who flinch not (from executing) the Commands they receive from Allah, but do (precisely) what they are commanded. [ surah at-Tahrim : verse 6 ]

My brother it is unfortunate that many of our families are away from Deen and heading towards destruction and therefore it is incumbent on us to do everything we can to save ourselves and our families from the fire. Alhamdulillah you pray and have awareness of your deen and therefore you must continue to do everything you can to steer your family towards the Deen. This is our responsibility. Never think they cannot change as I have seen myself that just one person in the family helped the entire family go towards the Deen through Allah's guidance. But if they do not change then know that guidance is not in our hands and Allah guides whom he wills. But we must always patiently persevere.

I know it is difficult when our families gather and watch dramas, movies etc and in sitting with them in such situations then it can corrupt us and trigger certain desires and illnesses in our hearts. Therefore we must try not to sit with them when they are engaged in watching such things and instead sit with them on those occasions when they are around the house or not watching Television/movies etc. We can also try on occasion to get them to watch and listen to beneficial lectures and those programmes we can learn and benefit from. Maybe suggest once a week that they watch what you want like a beneficial lecture or programme that may impact their hearts.

If you have practicing family or relatives then ask them to come around on occasion to give good reminders to your family or talk to them. Continue giving reminders to your family but do not pester them too much otherwise they will not listen to you but ignore you but do so here and there so that they will internalise what you advise and remind them. Give them reminders of death and the Hereafter and try to sit and read a page or two weekly of a beneficial book. Text and e mail them reminders also.

Make much Dua for them particularly in the latter part of the night at Tahajjud time for Allah to guide them and save you from your desires. Remind yourself often of death and the Hereafter and go to the graveyard at least once a week. Try to attend as many good reminders and talks in the Masjid as much as you can. Lower your gaze at all times and keep away from the TV and internet when you feel it may trigger your desires. Surround yourself with good company and join Islamic courses locally to learn knowledge of the Deen. Read the Quran often with its meanings and connect with Allah through the Quran and get closer to him via voluntary actions.

May Allah guide us and our families and save us from destruction. Ameen

talibilm
10-09-2017, 02:01 AM

Do as its said in the above post . let them listen to some lectures and try to be nice to them and speak softly and pull them towards islam slowly. remind them about earth quakes , deaths ,accidents going on the world and make them understand this world 50 years will pass out like 50 months or 5 years then we have to be in our graves .

So explain the might of Allah which is proved through Allah's creations, the oceans where 2/3rd of the globe and the Earth just 1/100000 of the sun and planets, galaxies etc that will energise their thoughts and eeman through understanding the greatness of Allah .

And do Dua to Allah to lead them and Allah will not catch you for which is outside your capacity.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.