/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I have a real problem?

LilPrincess
10-10-2017, 02:10 AM
This is very embarrassing for me to write but I have been suffering with something that Is haram and it does affect my health. It is not a major sin but it is still a sin. I have tried so hard to stop but I keep coming back to it (It isnt drugs cigarettes or drink I dont know if I am allowed to say) I tell myself I will not do it but I end up doing it and I feel so ashamed, I started this about a month ago and I am so upset I dont know why I started it. (If you know what it is pls dnt say it is super embarrassing) I am only 14 so I fear this one haram thing I am doing will lead to other things.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
rozyred
10-10-2017, 06:57 AM
Well... I don't know what you are talking about.... So I can't help you. But if you can snd me a personal message may b will be happy to help you..

Hamza Asadullah
10-10-2017, 01:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by LilPrincess
This is very embarrassing for me to write but I have been suffering with something that Is haram and it does affect my health. It is not a major sin but it is still a sin. I have tried so hard to stop but I keep coming back to it (It isnt drugs cigarettes or drink I dont know if I am allowed to say) I tell myself I will not do it but I end up doing it and I feel so ashamed, I started this about a month ago and I am so upset I dont know why I started it. (If you know what it is pls dnt say it is super embarrassing) I am only 14 so I fear this one haram thing I am doing will lead to other things.
:sl:

My sister I know it is not easy to share such personal issues and for you to do so shows you have concern with regards to your imaan (faith) and surely sinning is a big burden on the believer. At least here you can share such issues anonymously. There is no doubt that Masterbation is a major sin and as you rightfully said it can lead to other major sins. However because you started relatively recently then there is hope that it has not become a strong addiction as yet so you must take immediate action to prevent it from becoming so.

It is never impossible to stop this sin no matter how long a person has been doing it but it is far easier to stop it sooner rather than later. The most important thing with this habit is to identify what your particular triggers are and then prevent those triggers from causing you to commit the evil action.

The following thread has immense advice on how to stop this sin. Please read through it and let us know your thoughts:

How to overcome Masturbation

venividiveci
10-10-2017, 01:21 PM
Assuming that I know what the issue is, then a month is a really short amount of time. It's going to be easier for you to give it up at this stage, then it ever will be. Also, at 14 you're in your formative years, what you do to your brain and body now will affect you forever and it becomes a lot harder to undo. There are people who have struggled and become entangled in the web of addiction for most of their lives. Read up on all the negative affects of it, and read peoples stories about how it has ruined their lives, their health, their happiness, their relationships, their relationship with God. There are online support groups that can be very supportive. Overall, discipline is like a muscle, the more you flex it the stronger it becomes. You might struggle at first, but eventually it'll be second nature. Just stock up on as much information about it as you can, because without it you'll be likely to underestimate the damage that it could potentially cause and your motivation won't be as strong.

- - - Updated - - -

Assuming that I know what the issue is, then a month is a really short amount of time. It's going to be easier for you to give it up at this stage, then it ever will be. Also, at 14 you're in your formative years, what you do to your brain and body now will affect you forever and it becomes a lot harder to undo. There are people who have struggled and become entangled in the web of addiction for most of their lives. Read up on all the negative affects of it, and read peoples stories about how it has ruined their lives, their health, their happiness, their relationships, their relationship with God. There are online support groups that can be very supportive. Overall, discipline is like a muscle, the more you flex it the stronger it becomes. You might struggle at first, but eventually it'll be second nature. Just stock up on as much information about it as you can, because without it you'll be likely to underestimate the damage that it could potentially cause and your motivation won't be as strong.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.