/* */

PDA

View Full Version : if 72 sects are going to burn in hell, then what's the point?

Abdul178
10-17-2017, 10:34 PM
what's the point of following Islam when you only have a 1/73 chance of 'entering paradise' ?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
*charisma*
10-17-2017, 10:43 PM
It wouldn't be 1/73 of a chance loool.

Abdul178
10-17-2017, 11:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by *charisma*
It wouldn't be 1/73 of a chance loool.
not the answer I was looking for but...

if there are/were 73 sects and 72 sects are going to hell, then it is only 1/73 going to heaven, right?

*charisma*
10-17-2017, 11:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdul178
not the answer I was looking for but...
Well your question was incorrectly asked. If you follow islam your chance is 100%. The rest are not considered Islam.

Secondly, if we are going to go by statistics..if ~90% of the total Muslim population is Sunni and the rest is the 72 sects, then you would have 90% of a chance, which is 9/10th of a chance, not 1/73rd.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Abdul178
10-18-2017, 01:02 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by *charisma*
Well your question was incorrectly asked. If you follow islam your chance is 100%. The rest are not considered Islam.

Secondly, if we are going to go by statistics..if ~90% of the total Muslim population is Sunni and the rest is the 72 sects, then you would have 90% of a chance, which is 9/10th of a chance, not 1/73rd.

I am quite sure that there is more than 10% of non-sunnis, also Sunni Islam has many sub sects including Deobandi, Barelvi etc. which I am also sure are counted in the 'misguided 72' (according to some scholars)

AabiruSabeel
10-18-2017, 03:36 AM
Nobody is asking you to join a sect. Follow Islam and you have a 100% chance of entering paradise :ia:. Iman is between fear and hope; fear of punishment for the sins and hope for mercy of Allah. A Muslim does not become hopeless due to excessive fear, nor does he become content due to excessive hope.

If you abandon simply because you don't think you have a chance, then you won't really have any chance left at all.

greenhill
10-18-2017, 05:36 AM
I remember related story that when asked, the holy prophet (pbuh) answered that even he is not guaranteed paradise and that it is with the Mercy of Allah that he will enter paradise.

So if there was anything to be taken from this narrative, is that we must seek His mercy.

Just to give another related incident (from what I am informed that it is an authentic hadeeth) about the prostitute who used her shoe to give drink to a thirsty dog and entered paradise.. so it is about your 'being' that will get Allah's mercy...

If you were to reflect on the passage you would read daily in your prayers, you would ask 'ihdinahsiraatalmustaqeem' meaning that you ask regularly to be guided on to the right path.. indicates that you can be guided (or misguided) at any time and that the most important thing (in my opinion) is that we die in the state of imaan.

I hope this gives you some points to consider against the 'sect' concerns you have... Believe me I had similar thoughts too! Only I when I looked at it (because I was informed that the Jews will have 1/71, the Christians will have 1/72 and Muslims, 1/73. My simple mathematics indicate from all the people of the Books, 3/216 will enter paradise (that is a hopelessly low statistic for 'winners') and if i were to link this to Satan v Allah, the result would appear very lopsided indeed (and in my mind Satan wins!) and it really disturbed me.

But the prostitute story gave me hint that I have absolutely no knowledge on how Allah would do His Judgment (who would win and who would lose). So, as what Rasulullah has said, we depend of Allah's Mercy. So let us pray for His mercy and constantly seek His guidance to be on the right path.

:peace:

Abz2000
10-18-2017, 05:48 AM
Lol, what's the point of getting on the motorway to my intended destination if so many roads branch and intersect and go in the wrong direction?
Forget it, im'a sitt'n right 'ere and chewin'me baccy and smoking me pipe and swiggin' me wiski, yous go if yous like.

AbdurRahman.
10-18-2017, 11:15 AM
Brother Sunni Islam is the right sect; deobandis, four school of thoughts etc are not sub sects but they are all Sunni Islam ...

'Abd-al Latif
10-18-2017, 11:19 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdul178
what's the point of following Islam when you only have a 1/73 chance of 'entering paradise' ?
The point is to tell you that 72 of those sects will not be following Islam properly and that you must follow the Quran and Sunnah without hesitation if you want to be saved from hell fire. Allah says "enter into Islam fully". Unless this condition is met to the best of one's ability, they will be among the 72 sects.

As an example are the true Shia followers and maybe even the Ahmedi's would fall amongst those 72, although you could argue Ahmedis aren't even Muslim to begin with.

Kawlah
10-18-2017, 03:10 PM
Salaam Bro,

Hold fast to the steady rope Allah SWT gave us, the Qu'ran and the Sunnah and you can't go wrong if you do not worship anything besides Allah. That is what many sects do, they worship others than Allah and deal with Jinn etc.

The Hadith says: Messenger of Allah (pbuh) said, "I am leaving behind me two weighty things. One of them is the Book of Allah; that is the strong rope of Allah. Whosoever holds firmly to it, will be the guided, and whosoever leaves it goes astray".

Develop understanding of Tawheed, and pray to Allah for His mercy on your soul because by that alone we shall enter paradise. But Islam is simple in it's essence, and with proper understanding of Tawheed and the Qu'ran and Sunnah you will be spared from the hellfire, Insha'Allah.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.