/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Why did Allah make people have disabilities?

Tea
10-21-2017, 06:58 PM
I know a boy with autism, he is so sweet.
But why did Allah make him like this?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
M.I.A.
10-21-2017, 07:26 PM
I dont think the internet will be able to provide an answer..

But the forum is a huge pool of information..its dissemination is entirely dependant upon you.

If you hold any question long enough you are bound to make some sense of it..

If its true or not, i do not know.

Why dont you tell us?

..allah swt protect you from the evil of my own self and the evil of the shaitan and his followers.

happymuslim
10-22-2017, 02:30 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tea
There are some people who, if they we’re not born with disabilities they’d be horrible people or it would lead them down a horrible path, You never know the reason behind why some people are the way they are, there is usually a wisdom behind everything and I can imagine there is a wisdom behind why certain people are the way they are, maybe it’s an unknown blessing.

Mustafa16
10-22-2017, 02:59 AM
Everything happens for a reason, and Allah knows best. For instance, I myself have autism, and it led me to feel very lonely, but I knew that if it wasn't for autism I would be susceptible for a) zina, because girls in High School or even Middle School would be willing to committ zina with me, and I live in a Western country, so I would have fallen into horrendous sin. and also, i would have fallen into b) peer pressure for various things, including zina, which would have left me with diseases, having to drop my education and career, my afterlife, etc. and drugs, alcohol, giving up my Islam, etc but luckily im a loner who has long since given up on the petty nuances of "neurotypicals" as people in the autism community like to call them, as well as on "fitting in".

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
rozyred
10-22-2017, 07:02 AM
There 's a wisdom behind every act of Allah, which we are unaware of...

eesa the kiwi
10-22-2017, 08:10 AM
I have a parkinsonian condition. Aside from a tremor it messed with my balance and makes walking hard at times as I feel on the verge of falling. Last year I've been off work as getting to and from work became impossible

I honestly feel like I would have gone astray without this, I've been forced to turn back to Allah Alhamdulilah and focus on my deen

Kawlah
10-22-2017, 03:27 PM
Salaam Ale3koem,

I have multiple disabilities, including Asperger's syndrome (a form of autism).

I believe Allah created me the way I am because without my incentive to do deep research I would've never left the kufr of my parents (they are unbelievers and practice shirk) and would also not have had the strength to go against the social norm around me which is kufr, sihr and shirk. I am the odd duck, but Alhamdoelilah not afraid to be so because my autism saves me from wanting to conform to the group. Through the years it has become less severe so I am able to function socially as much as necessary, while it frees me from the boundaries of conformity. So it is a blessing in disguise.

Same goes for my physical disabilities, they almost killed me but if I never had a near death experience I would not have known that hell was real and I would never have become a Muslim so alhamdoelilah Allah is all wise and knows what is best for each and every one of us. My illness makes me strive harder to please Him because I know death is always lurking around the corner. Allah tests those He wants close to Him, so consider each difficulty a blessing. All it does is motivate me.

Now I don't know what it's like for the boy you mention, but as he grows like me he might learn and understand the Deen in a way others would not. Autism is not only a disability, it also comes with it's own abilities. And if one is truly insane, then the pen is lifted and one is not accountable for his deeds on the day of Judgement. Which will grant him Jannah, Insha'Allah.

As Allah says in Surah al Baqarah:
But perhaps you hate a thing and it is good for you; and perhaps you love a thing and it is bad for you. And Allah Knows, while you know not.

sister herb
10-22-2017, 06:45 PM
Thanks for sharing this sister Kawlah. I think sometimes how little we know when we see someone with some sort of disability. We think it´s only a burden but at the same time we can´t understand how it also could to be a blessing. It reflects our own limits of understanding.

Hamza Asadullah
10-22-2017, 06:55 PM
Asalaamu Alaikum,

As humans we speak from our very narrow and limited knowledge when we say "why do bad things happen to people". But in reality this is because we know nothing. Surely the one who created us and everything around us knows and has full knowledge as to why things happen whether good or bad. Also if everything "good" happened to all of us then where is the "test of this life"? Where is the "Judgement between good and bad"? "How will we turn to Allah if only good befell upon us? How will we turn our sins into good? How will we get closer to Allah? Trials, hardships and calamities make us appreciate what we have and force us to turn towards the creator to ask of him and beg of him. Also how would one appreciate the good of the Hereafter if we only experience "good"?

Therefore we must leave the decisions to the creator and Knower of everything. We will never truly know why things happen the way they do until we meet with Allah. But what is certain without doubt is that everything Allah does has a wisdom behind it and none will be treated with even at atom of injustice with being recompansed or expiated or both.

Also in terms of generosity then as humans we give a little in return for those who do favours for us or a little charity to those who have less than us.

But Allah gives unlimited rewards to those who are patient through trials, hardships or if he takes something from them from their health etc:

The Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said:: "The greatest reward comes with the greatest trial. When Allaah loves a people He tests them. Whoever accepts that wins His pleasure but whoever is discontent with that earns His wrath.” [Al-Tirmidhi (2396)]

To those people there are rewards none can ever imagine. To the point where when we see the rewards on the day of Judgement we will wish we were cut up into pieces in this world just to gain the immense rewards in the Hereafter:

“On the Day of Resurrection people will wish that their skins had been cut with scissors in this world, when they see the reward of those who were struck with calamity.” [Al-Tirmidhi]

There is a wisdom behind everything that Almighty Allah does and just because we do not understand it then we must never question "why" because then we are essentially saying we know better that in that it should not happen when in reality we know nothing.

Al-Hasan al-Basri (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: “Do not resent the calamities that come and the disasters that occur, for perhaps in something that you dislike will be your salvation, and perhaps in something that you prefer will be your doom.”

Al-Fadl ibn Sahl said: “There is a blessing in calamity that the wise man should not ignore, for it erases sins, gives one the opportunity to attain the reward for patience, dispels negligence, reminds one of blessings at the time of health, calls one to repent and encourages one to give charity.

One of the salaf said: "Were it not for the calamities of this world, we would come empty-handed on the Day of Resurrection."

So if calamity befalls a Muslim, he must say Inna Lillaahi wa inna ilayhi raaji’oon (Verily to Allah we belong and unto Him is our return)

Kawlah
10-23-2017, 05:28 AM
Alhamdoelilah, things like this make me feel so blessed and are why I am happy with what Allah granted me in life.

Thanks for sharing brother :)

talibilm
10-23-2017, 06:05 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tea
:sl:

I heard this story from a knowledgeable which goes SOMETHING like this

During Musa AS a blind Muslim who was very sincere in his salah but lived his life in much difficulty due to blindness. So Musa AS on seeing this started to dua for his eye sight Which Allah did not accept. But Prophet Musa AS keep insisting making dua untill the Blind man got his eye sight and he was VVVery happy and comfortable for sometime continuing his salah untill his eye sight fell on a woman. Following her he became damn upset to see she already had a husband.

Thinking too much of her and feeling jealousness about her husband made him to approach liquor to forget himselves. in turn this worsened him more trying to force that woman and killed her husband when he intervened ( or try to kill her husband, i forgot its from my feeble memory of few decades ago)

Just Now Musa AS understood the hikmah of Allah to keep some as disabled. The disability for him (the blind man ) was a blessing and not a curse. Also from his blindness many who have good eyesight but unthankful to Allah may understand the importance of eyesight and thank Allah. May be Allahu aalam even the blind man may get an equal share of virtues from those guided people who took lesson on seeing this blindman.

Umm Malik
10-26-2017, 02:39 PM
there are people with disabilities live and left the world with a good affect
and there are also people who come to this world with a good health but they yet them selves destroy it with them own hands ...
it's our choice to live in a good way and the world is full of disabled people who strive and make them selves more strong
it's Allah's test for them as he test some people with health and some with poor and others with wealth
all this favors can rather make you better in this and the next life
or make you the worst
and Allah will ask us about every thing....

M.I.A.
10-26-2017, 03:23 PM
Suffering is an expiation of sin..

It is a means by which people are made to follow the narrative.. the present.

But on the flipside of the coin, it is a means by which subjugation to the narrative is negated.. the future.

It goes on but..

..i dont.

Think about it for a couple years.. learn the history of the people who inhabit this shrinking world.. with you.

Or as the ghetto says..

We've already taken those hits.
Well they say that..

But they dont know bout the plagues of Egypt.
If i could stop it, id make that choice..

But not many people care about the cost of life.. or are even aware of it.

What a horrible question..

Unfortunately it very rarely falls on me.

Nobody should be foolish enough to say that children bear no repercussion of parental choice..

But thats only one side of the coin..

And no benefit is achieved from knowing whats on the other side..

Maybe.. rather be batman today..

Its very much real but i find the place incredibly insincere.

..and so make very little progress.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.