/* */

PDA

View Full Version : ISIS celebrates California wildfires

Singularity
10-22-2017, 02:59 AM
http://www.newsweek.com/isis-celebra...th-toll-689937

ISIS CELEBRATES CALIFORNIA WILDFIRES DEATH TOLL AS SUPPORTERS SUGGEST WAYS TO MAKE IT WORSE
BY TOM O'CONNOR ON 10/20/17 AT 4:52 PM

The Islamic State militant group (ISIS) described the death and destruction associated with the recent California wildfires in its latest newsletter, days after supporters suggested laying gasoline-filled bottles in the woods to inflict further damage.

ISIS has not claimed responsibility for the raging blazes that have killed at least 41 people and injured 100 more across California, but the jihadis appeared eager to share the news of what they called "the worst fire disaster in the history of the United States." In the "Events This Week" section of ISIS's weekly Al-Naba magazine, the militant group told readers Thursday that recent conditions have hindered firefighting and search-and-rescue efforts.

"The fires that broke out Sunday (Muharram/18) swept the state, displaced thousands of people and destroyed more than 200,000 hectares of land. Strong winds have led to the hampering of the efforts of nearly 8,000 firefighters fighting 20 fires," the online ISIS publication said.

"Meteorological forecasts do not indicate improved weather conditions," it added.

The wildfires may have appeared only as a footnote in the magazine's 101st issue, which included in-depth articles about battles with Syrian troops in Deir Ezzor and the killing of a top Syrian Republican Guard member, Major General Issam Zahreddine, but its release came only days after an ISIS supporter shared a homemade plot to make the fatal fires even deadlier.

On the encrypted messaging application Telegram, where Al-Naba was also widely distributed among pro-ISIS channels, a user posted an image Monday of a forest fire above a second image of two liquid-filled plastic bottles. Beneath the images, which were featured on a group titled the Abu al-Mughira al-Qahtani Batallion, named after the late ISIS Libya commander killed by a U.S. airstrike in November 2015, the user wrote "with only 4€" in Arabic, followed by a series of emojis indicating gasoline, trees, flames, hospitals and homes.

The post was likely a reference to other wildfires that broke out last week in Portugal and Spain. Up to 100 blazes broke out, killing up to 44 people, mostly in Portugal, and resulting in the resignation of Portuguese Interior Minister Constanca Urbano de Sousa, according to Reuters.

Michael S. Smith II ✔@MichaelSSmithII
Things that make you wonder if Islamic State will claim it is responsible for fires in Portugal and Spain
1:30 PM - Oct 16, 2017
ISIS in the past has encouraged its followers to use fire as a weapon against the West. Featuring a flaming cover, the fifth issue of the Al-Rumiyah English-language digital magazine, released in January, included instructions for "Arson Attacks" under the "Just Terror Tactics" section.

"Throughout history and until the present day, incendiary attacks have played a significant role in modern and guerilla warfare, as well as in 'lone wolf' terrorism. Such attacks have been behind the destruction of towns, neighborhoods, and public, private, and governmental property, while likewise claiming numerous lives," the article read.

The piece included instructions on how to create such flammable weapons as molotov cocktails and when to strike, in order to best target "Crusaders" and to send them from "the fire of this world to the inferno of Hellfire." It specifically includes "forest fires" as a method of attack.

isisarson2
The fifth edition of ISIS magazine Al-Rumiyah (Rome) features a "Just Terror Tactics" section that includes "Arson Attacks," on January 6. The article states that incendiary attacks, including forest fires, are "a quick option for anyone intending to join the just terror campaign."
ISIS has also rallied behind other recent natural disasters that have befallen the U.S. At the tail end of a particularly devastating hurricane season for the Western hemisphere, ISIS's Al-Barakah media outlet released an English-language video last month in which a scarf-wearing ISIS member explains how the powerful storms that struck Texas, Florida, Puerto Rico and elsewhere furthered the militant group's cause.

"By Allah, the Muslims are extremely overjoyed with the series of hurricanes that is running over the United States of America. Oh Americans, we take delight in every form of harm that afflicts you and we call upon Allah day and night to overwhelm you with disaster and illness as revenge for you," a man said in the video, which was sent to Newsweek by terrorism analyst Michael S. Smith II.

"And, oh Americans, do not rejoice over the fact that these hurricanes have not destroyed everything and uprooted you, for it is the way of Allah to send upon the wrongdoers signs that perhaps they may repent and return to guidance," the individual added.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
sister herb
10-22-2017, 08:14 AM
Those daesh guys really are in despair. I bet they soon also claim that it was their supporter who created hurricanes, floods and volcanic eruptions.

M.I.A.
10-22-2017, 12:58 PM
Foolish people..

44 dead and countless millions of damage and destruction of wildlife..

Is punishment from god.

..they really should take a look at the land they stand on.

You could call them stupid but..

The natural state of most muslims today is similar..

They take very little provocation to lose their minds.
...well the ones i meet anyway.

I dont know whos more angry.. me or him.

..its probably a c.i.a. plot or something.

:|

Successful are the patient.. the persevering..and those that dont transgress bounds.

..you really wanna start reading that?

Because iv seen it happen countless times.. guys matching challenge for challenge. Haymakers missed and mirrored..guys turning up to knife fights without knives and winning..

But i dont know what he wants to see today.. or who your with.

Meh.. back to the tv n internet.

You cant really fake not hurting yourself.. for the hurters and non hurters alike..

You have to win twice to be really winning..

And that authority is with allah swt alone.

..the almost sacrifice of prophet pbuh ibrahims son is a great story..

And maybe the david and goliath one.

..or maybe the daniel in the lions den one also.

Its all things to all people.

And when Saul went forth with the soldiers, he said, "Indeed, Allah will be testing you with a river. So whoever drinks from it is not of me, and whoever does not taste it is indeed of me, excepting one who takes [from it] in the hollow of his hand." But they drank from it, except a [very] few of them. Then when he had crossed it along with those who believed with him, they said,-

...To me this is probably as important as what comes after.

Every day is the greater jihad..

Although allah swt makes of us what he wills.

I think we would all rather keep apollo creed

Logikon
10-23-2017, 09:58 PM
Islamic State did not claim responsibility for these fires.

Islamic State did claim responsibility for the Las Vegas shooting.

Why is it they did not claim responsibility for these fires?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.