/* */

PDA

View Full Version : worried about future

anonymous
10-23-2017, 11:13 AM
assalamu alaykum

i feel very worried about my future. i am scared about raising my children in the west and my husband decides to remain in the west. my children might end up kuffar or apostates. what do I do?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
*charisma*
10-23-2017, 04:04 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

I don't know if you have kids yet or not, but if you don't then don't worry because there's nothing yet to worry about.

Otherwise, put your faith in Allah and raise your children with a strong Islamic backbone. That's all you can do. There are apostates in Islamic countries as well. It's easier to raise children Islamically in Muslim countries of course, but if you don't have the choice, then you do the best you can teaching them Quran and Sunnah, and make du'a for them. Allah will do the rest.

fschmidt
10-24-2017, 05:38 AM
https://www.islamicboard.com/advice-...ed-future.html

I can't reply to this thread because I am not Muslim, so I will reply here.

I can't think of a more important question than this one. This is what determines the future, the next generation. Muslims ignore this question at their peril.

Two religions that take this question seriously are traditional Anabaptists (Christian sect) and Orthodox Jews. And both are successful at keeping their children in their religion. So it is worth copying their example. I will answer your question based on what they do.

Do not send your children to public school. This is an environment of pure evil. If you can find a Muslim school, that would be best. If not, then homeschool your kids.

Do not have television in your home. Television is basically a giant pipe of cultural sewage running into your home. Do not give your kids gadgets like smart phones or tablets (iPad, etc). Believe it or not, the leaders of high tech like Steve Jobs didn't allow their children to have these things because they were smart enough to understand the damage that these things do to children.

https://www.nytimes.com/2014/09/11/f...ch-parent.html

Read to your children when they are young and then encourage them to read for themselves as they get older. Buy them books. And buy for them a lot of low-tech toys so that they connect to physical world, not the insane world of the internet.

Here is an example of how Orthodox Jews do this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8HXcIBho3I

I followed these things when I raised my kids, and I think it worked well. Now, even though I am not Muslim, I am trying to encourage this kind of parenting at my local mosque because I think Islam is infinitely better than degenerate modern Western culture. So I wish you the best of luck.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.