/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is this enough to constitute kufr?

mezzi_sohal
10-23-2017, 02:13 PM
Asalamualaykum.
I watch this YouTube channel run by a guy who converted to Islam, and it basically compares Islam to other religions. The difference between some practices of Christianity and Islam is HUGE and sometimes seeing the contrast between the practices of Christianity and Islam makes me laugh. A clip of Christians trying to sing their bible in an attempt to make it sound beautiful like recitation of the quran sounds was juxtaposed by a clip of a girl crying at the sound of Quran recitation. The difference between the 2 was so immense that it made me want to laugh but I know that mocking Islam is harm so I didn't. But today I tried to restrain my laughter upon reflecting on it but I accidentally chuckled. If it is worth mentioning, I have also been suffering from immense waswas recently. My question is that in the eyes of Shari'ah is that enough to constitute kufr and make me a kaafir?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
*charisma*
10-23-2017, 02:58 PM
Do you know what kufr is?

mezzi_sohal
10-23-2017, 03:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by *charisma*
Do you know what kufr is?
In reference to Surah At Tawba verses 65 and 66

sister herb
10-23-2017, 03:05 PM
I have always found a lot of things which are common between Christianity and Islam, not so much differencies. But in some sort of videos there surely is a purpose to find just what´s difference.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
M.I.A.
10-23-2017, 03:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mezzi_sohal
Asalamualaykum.
I watch this YouTube channel run by a guy who converted to Islam, and it basically compares Islam to other religions. The difference between some practices of Christianity and Islam is HUGE and sometimes seeing the contrast between the practices of Christianity and Islam makes me laugh. A clip of Christians trying to sing their bible in an attempt to make it sound beautiful like recitation of the quran sounds was juxtaposed by a clip of a girl crying at the sound of Quran recitation. The difference between the 2 was so immense that it made me want to laugh but I know that mocking Islam is harm so I didn't. But today I tried to restrain my laughter upon reflecting on it but I accidentally chuckled. If it is worth mentioning, I have also been suffering from immense waswas recently. My question is that in the eyes of Shari'ah is that enough to constitute kufr and make me a kaafir?
..its just a lack of understanding.

You have to learn to appreciate the differences..

And understand that ultimately it is how people that claim to be christian..

Impliment the faith in the world that counts..or will count.

..here have a totally irrelevant youtube video.

https://youtu.be/u0SsRmC6O5k

..i think the practice is at least mentioned in the psalms of david..

Singing praises n stuff but i have no idea.
Edit..

Ohhh.. you found the quranic recitation laughable?

Weeelll...

I dont know what to think about that.

..i dont even understand arabic...

*charisma*
10-23-2017, 03:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mezzi_sohal
In reference to Surah At Tawba verses 65 and 66
Kufr is the DISBELIEF of Allah and His messenger.

When listening to a recitation Quran you need to be respectful and mindful of what you're listening to. These are Allah's words, so the issue here is your manners when Quran is being recited, not your belief.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.