/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hypocrisy

Pathoma
10-23-2017, 03:52 PM
Im new to this forum and im hoping i might get my unanswered questions.
I did something that im not proud to tell to anyone its something between me and HIM.
While sitting in a group my colleagues sometimes starts discussing the same things.
They say that its a bad thing and i nod along although i did the same but i keep saying that no one should it because i know i have committed a mistake and no one should ever do it. I don't tell them i did that too because its bad and im guilty of it i can't change my past all i can do is taubah.
So does this makes me a hypocrit...!!
I was listening to a bayan yesterday that hypocrits are the first ones to enter hell i don't want to be in those people.
Plz someone help...!!!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
M.I.A.
10-23-2017, 04:00 PM
..well..

As long as it doesnt make you paranoid.
..i dont know what the confidentially agreement says!!

*charisma*
10-23-2017, 04:01 PM
Asalamu Alaikum

In Islam, if we sin, we should keep it private and repent for it, just like you are doing. We should never encourage others to do the sin, even if we ourselves have done it before.

Hypocrites are those who commit sins (whether openly or in private) and tell others not to do it, like a guy who smokes but tells others that they need to stay away from cigarettes. He has to take the advice for himself as well. We all need to lead by example.

M.I.A.
10-23-2017, 04:07 PM
Hypocrites are those who commit sins (whether openly or in private) and tell others not to do it, like a guy who smokes but tells others that they need to stay away from cigarettes. He has to take the advice for himself as well. We all need to lead by example.

..wow, even when i smoked.. i told people not to smoke..

Although i grew up sneeking about the alleyways.

..now people tell me of for vaping in public..

Ya just cant win..

It'll kill ya you know.

Id tell em about the winter chest infections that went missing..

But.. everybodies an expert. Suppose they just need something to say..

And im sure something will in the end..

Probably them.

..Although, alcohol, drugs and gambling are big here.
Lol if they knew about your sins maybe they would make their homes in them..

Then the time for forgiveness would be over..

Although repentence may change the script.

..it aint a cure but..
You would be in trouble if they were all psychic..

Or not..

You can do anything you put your mind too..quitting is easy..

Leaving is hard.

*Charisma* is correct though..

Sahih International: O you who have believed, why do you say what you do not do?

Pickthall: O ye who believe! Why say ye that which ye do not?

Yusuf Ali: O ye who believe! Why say ye that which ye do not?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Pathoma
10-23-2017, 07:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by M.I.A.

..wow, even when i smoked.. i told people not to smoke..

Although i grew up sneeking about the alleyways.

..now people tell me of for vaping in public..

Ya just cant win..

It'll kill ya you know.

Id tell em about the winter chest infections that went missing..

But.. everybodies an expert. Suppose they just need something to say..

And im sure something will in the end..

Probably them.

..Although, alcohol, drugs and gambling are big here.
Lol if they knew about your sins maybe they would make their homes in them..

Then the time for forgiveness would be over..

Although repentence may change the script.

..it aint a cure but..
You would be in trouble if they were all psychic..

Or not..

You can do anything you put your mind too..quitting is easy..

Leaving is hard.

*Charisma* is correct though..

Sahih International: O you who have believed, why do you say what you do not do?

Pickthall: O ye who believe! Why say ye that which ye do not?

Yusuf Ali: O ye who believe! Why say ye that which ye do not?
Brother could you plz summarize it...im new to all of this and i have been trying to understand your reply for the last hour. Maybe in simpler words plz.
Does all of this make me a bad hypocrite person?
What should i do in this situation?

sister herb
10-23-2017, 08:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Pathoma
Brother could you plz summarize it...im new to all of this and i have been trying to understand your reply for the last hour. Maybe in simpler words plz.
Don´t worry if you don´t understand reply of him. I have tried to understand them last 10 years now... :exhausted

M.I.A.
10-23-2017, 09:19 PM
..yeah im really sorry about that..

At first i thought it was "you people" but..
..i think i know better now :|

..summary..

You have a conscience..Thats the beginning.

You can wrestle with it.

Play games with it.

Ignore it.

..but ultimately it will get the better of you..
I only say that because im losing though.
Maybe you should go into politics.

..i just talk about cars usually..

Although i once knew a guy that did damage even talking about cars..

You can learn to tell the time from some people.

Id like to develop a sense of humour..

What time is it?

Dont worry.. mods will put it right one day.

..yeah i wish i could change that moment.. but i was literally just talking about cars.

Eien
10-24-2017, 01:27 AM
It's not that warning people of a vice while participating in it makes one a hypocrite, it just makes that particular advice inadequate.

A hypocrite is such a person that treats another unfairly, in the sense that they ridicule or condemn an action which they partake or allow in some circumstances. A judge that sentences a drug trafficker to 10 years in prison, while himself allowing another group to do the same without charge because they pay him off.. is a hypocrite.

The definition goes beyond the inter-personal relationship.
A person who says they believe, without achieving that which follows from believing.. is a hypocrite. Even if they only say that to themselves.
This is why I say that I want to believe, and follow that which I am meant to. But, I will not call myself a believer in the Quranic sense. To do so would be unacceptably arrogant. :)

Supernova
10-24-2017, 01:33 AM
I did something that im not proud to tell to anyone its something between me and HIM.
While sitting in a group my colleagues sometimes starts discussing the same things.
They say that its a bad thing and i nod along although i did the same but i keep saying that no one should it because i know i have committed a mistake and no one should ever do it. I don't tell them i did that too because its bad and im guilty of it i can't change my past all i can do is taubah.
I was listening to a bayan yesterday that hypocrits are the first ones to enter hell i don't want to be in those people.
Plz someone help...!!!
Dear Sister In Islam
Unfortunately your predicament is based on a misunderstanding of what a Munafiq really is. It’s a common problem these days hence it usage has become a Fitn upon our societies.

The term Munafiq is more about a persons belief in a matter & Aqeeda rather that his action alone.

In the time of our prophet SAW, The munafiqeen were those people who portrayed one belief in one gathering and then portrayed another belief in another gathering YET held the one consistent belief in both gatherings. The part that I underlined is the part many people misunderstand or are oblivious of.

If someone is committing Zina (lets say a long winded out affair) and believes it is wrong, and repents after each time. At the same time he meets friends in a coffee shop every Monday – and the topic of Zina comes up in a group discussion. If this person now joins in and says Zina is haram – then this person is not a Munafiq. Simply because his belief about Zina has been consistent (That it is a sin) even-though his own Nafs has fell into weakness.

What will be considered as Nifaq is

If he either believes that the Zina whilst with another woman is somehow miraculously “Halaal” and then suddenly believes its haram in the coffee shop in front of his friends

OR

He believes the Zina with the woman is Haraam but in the coffee shops now instigates his friends to have affairs because its seemingly right or cool or whatever.

Now in both cases above you can see there is an inconsistent belief depending on the group or person he is with. This is Nifaq.
The further proof in the matter is: We All know that Allah SWT promises that the Munafiqs will be thrown in the very bottom of Hell, but at the same time we also know from Quran and Hadith that different types of punishments will be rendered for different Sins. You can research a lengthy Ahadith regarding what the prophet SAW witnessed on the night of Mehraj. It now raises the question that if every act of disobedience was regarded as Nifaq then why is Allah SWT rendering a different punishment for each sin rather than just regarding the person as Munafiq and sending them to the bottomless pit of hell?
The simple answer is that every act of disobedience doesn’t necessitate to an act of Nifaq and being a Munafiq. If this was the case then it would be raising a direct contradiction in the justice of Allah SWT yet believing that he Alone is Al-Adl (The most Just)

If a person is in a sin or have sinned – there is no restriction in Islam that forbids him or her from promoting what is right and forbidding what is evil. Unfortunately the Ummah today cannot see a blessing if it hits them in the face. If a person (Muslim) is an Alcoholic and meets a group of youngsters – would you rather have the Alcoholic promote or demote Alcoholism ?

If Islam forbids the rectification of society based on a persons past or present errors – then ask yourself which Aalim, Aalima, Mufti, Qari, Muhadith, Mufasir today is free from sin ? If Islam promoted this ridiculous ideology – it would then mean that no one single Aalim or Aalima can ever promote the entire spectrum of deen, they would have to now logically based on that principal omit that part of Islam. Example: Lets say a Aalim once in his weakness stole money in a transaction. Does that mean that he can never ever demote theft from the Mimbar for the rest of his life? How ridiculous is that? What is he supposed to do, now go and investigate which Aalim hasn’t committed theft and get that new Aalim to fill in for the Mimbar on that Friday and talk about Theft? The cycle will continue because if that new Aalim now once committed another sin in his life like Zina- then he will be restricted so on and so forth.

The point being is what I have mentioned in the above paragraph is far fetched and an unsustainable module – which now raises the next question, that if were to give Ulema the right of promoting right and forbidding evil – then why can’t the simple Muslim do it too?

So whatever sin you have committed Sister in Islam with this guy – remember we all are sinners. You are not a Munafiq if you now stand for what is Haq from what is Baatil. Allah SWT has given you that right although he knows we all sinners.

Supernova.

Pathoma
10-24-2017, 11:54 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Supernova
Dear Sister In Islam
Unfortunately your predicament is based on a misunderstanding of what a Munafiq really is. It’s a common problem these days hence it usage has become a Fitn upon our societies.

The term Munafiq is more about a persons belief in a matter & Aqeeda rather that his action alone.

In the time of our prophet SAW, The munafiqeen were those people who portrayed one belief in one gathering and then portrayed another belief in another gathering YET held the one consistent belief in both gatherings. The part that I underlined is the part many people misunderstand or are oblivious of.

If someone is committing Zina (lets say a long winded out affair) and believes it is wrong, and repents after each time. At the same time he meets friends in a coffee shop every Monday – and the topic of Zina comes up in a group discussion. If this person now joins in and says Zina is haram – then this person is not a Munafiq. Simply because his belief about Zina has been consistent (That it is a sin) even-though his own Nafs has fell into weakness.

What will be considered as Nifaq is

If he either believes that the Zina whilst with another woman is somehow miraculously “Halaal” and then suddenly believes its haram in the coffee shop in front of his friends

OR

He believes the Zina with the woman is Haraam but in the coffee shops now instigates his friends to have affairs because its seemingly right or cool or whatever.

Now in both cases above you can see there is an inconsistent belief depending on the group or person he is with. This is Nifaq.
The further proof in the matter is: We All know that Allah SWT promises that the Munafiqs will be thrown in the very bottom of Hell, but at the same time we also know from Quran and Hadith that different types of punishments will be rendered for different Sins. You can research a lengthy Ahadith regarding what the prophet SAW witnessed on the night of Mehraj. It now raises the question that if every act of disobedience was regarded as Nifaq then why is Allah SWT rendering a different punishment for each sin rather than just regarding the person as Munafiq and sending them to the bottomless pit of hell?
The simple answer is that every act of disobedience doesn’t necessitate to an act of Nifaq and being a Munafiq. If this was the case then it would be raising a direct contradiction in the justice of Allah SWT yet believing that he Alone is Al-Adl (The most Just)

If a person is in a sin or have sinned – there is no restriction in Islam that forbids him or her from promoting what is right and forbidding what is evil. Unfortunately the Ummah today cannot see a blessing if it hits them in the face. If a person (Muslim) is an Alcoholic and meets a group of youngsters – would you rather have the Alcoholic promote or demote Alcoholism ?

If Islam forbids the rectification of society based on a persons past or present errors – then ask yourself which Aalim, Aalima, Mufti, Qari, Muhadith, Mufasir today is free from sin ? If Islam promoted this ridiculous ideology – it would then mean that no one single Aalim or Aalima can ever promote the entire spectrum of deen, they would have to now logically based on that principal omit that part of Islam. Example: Lets say a Aalim once in his weakness stole money in a transaction. Does that mean that he can never ever demote theft from the Mimbar for the rest of his life? How ridiculous is that? What is he supposed to do, now go and investigate which Aalim hasn’t committed theft and get that new Aalim to fill in for the Mimbar on that Friday and talk about Theft? The cycle will continue because if that new Aalim now once committed another sin in his life like Zina- then he will be restricted so on and so forth.

The point being is what I have mentioned in the above paragraph is far fetched and an unsustainable module – which now raises the next question, that if were to give Ulema the right of promoting right and forbidding evil – then why can’t the simple Muslim do it too?

So whatever sin you have committed Sister in Islam with this guy – remember we all are sinners. You are not a Munafiq if you now stand for what is Haq from what is Baatil. Allah SWT has given you that right although he knows we all sinners.

Supernova.
Thank you so much....it helped alot...!!!

RisingLight
10-25-2017, 05:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister herb
Don´t worry if you don´t understand reply of him. I have tried to understand them last 10 years now... :exhausted
format_quote Originally Posted by M.I.A.
..yeah im really sorry about that..

At first i thought it was "you people" but..
..i think i know better now :|

..summary..

You have a conscience..Thats the beginning.

You can wrestle with it.

Play games with it.

Ignore it.

..but ultimately it will get the better of you..
I only say that because im losing though.
Maybe you should go into politics.

..i just talk about cars usually..

Although i once knew a guy that did damage even talking about cars..

You can learn to tell the time from some people.

Id like to develop a sense of humour..

What time is it?

Dont worry.. mods will put it right one day.

..yeah i wish i could change that moment.. but i was literally just talking about cars.

Omg I thought I was the only one who didnt understand his replies...This guy's brain works is from another universe lmao (in a good meaning)

M.I.A.
10-25-2017, 06:15 PM
Dont worry im leaving soon.. im going to learn how to dig sidewards.

...And then upwards!

Its gonna be amazin!

Believe me i know nothing. I feel bad for posting here most the time lol..

Bring back the islamists..

Too much?

..no im moving on, changing my shop.. new management..

Going to go try put myself right again.. although i may have been typecast by the last few years.

sister herb
10-25-2017, 06:30 PM
Actually, we like those mind-boggling posts...

Ümit
10-27-2017, 08:40 AM
Plz someone help...!!!
You did a bad thing, you know it is a bad thing and you did tawbaah for it. It was a mistake and You won't do it again. By doing tawbaah and promising not to do it again, your sin is forgiven insaallah (unless this sin involves doing wrong to someone else).

Anyways, this will certainly NOT make you a hypocrit!!

Besides, a smoker who advises people not to smoke is not a hypocrit either, because he is addicted to smoking and cannot let it go so easily.

So, don't worry about it...you will be OK!!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.