/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Must have apps?

*charisma*
10-25-2017, 11:27 PM
Assalamu alaikum,

What are your must have apps on your phone?

Looking for anything interesting, new, and useful..

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Scimitar
10-26-2017, 01:53 AM
google maps lol

Cptn._.Mario
10-26-2017, 01:58 AM
Wa alaikumsalam,

Assuming you have the basic ones like whatsapp, youtube, quran and prayer times.

Whatscall is a good app to call overseas. You collect points by viewing ads and use the points to talk overseas (even landlines) for free. Whatsapp call works but only handphones and not landlines.

Camscanner is a app to scan paper and document files. Uses your camera and makes it a nice digital image. Useful for receipts and letters.

Nightowl is a screen dimming app. I use it at night to not strain my eyes.

Greenify hibernates all your background apps when you lock your phone making it faster.

Tubemate app for android lets you download youtube videos.

Swype keyboard app gives you a new and faster way to type.

eesa the kiwi
10-26-2017, 03:23 AM
What about the life app? When your in a social situation you press the off button on your phone and you socialize much better

Lolz

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Kawlah
10-26-2017, 06:22 AM
Salaam Ale3koem,

I have Athan pro. Love the Athan sounding through my house at the right times and also the extra features like hadith of the day and such. It also includes a compass for the Qiblah.

Otherwise I don´t have stuff that is different than the regular, or that fits an Islamic themed board.

*charisma*
10-26-2017, 12:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar
google maps lol
Scimi that comes with every phone loool

format_quote Originally Posted by Cptn._.Mario
Whatscall is a good app to call overseas. You collect points by viewing ads and use the points to talk overseas (even landlines) for free. Whatsapp call works but only handphones and not landlines.
Nice idea. Whatsapp call doesn't actually work where I live. I use an app called WePhone. The app itself is free and you also get credit towards calls if you watch ads, however if you want to make longer calls you can add credit which is what I usually do. It's really cheap though so I don't need to refill often at all.

Camscanner is a app to scan paper and document files. Uses your camera and makes it a nice digital image. Useful for receipts and letters.
Recently just discovered this and thought it was a really awesome and useful.

format_quote Originally Posted by eesa the kiwi
What about the life app? When your in a social situation you press the off button on your phone and you socialize much better
I have self control in that aspect alhemdulilah ;D I'm actually not very social :/ People wonder why I even have a phone. I'm the terrible friend that leaves on you read for months.

format_quote Originally Posted by Kawlah
Otherwise I don´t have stuff that is different than the regular, or that fits an Islamic themed board.
Doesn't need to be islamic, just needs to be useful. I use a few language and fitness apps.

sister herb
10-26-2017, 01:20 PM
In my country is available emergency app. When you call to emergency number, it tells automaticly your location to the Emergency Response Centre. If kind of service is available in your country, it might be useful. At one day it may safe your life.

If I would have such phone, this is the first one I´ll download.

Supernova
10-26-2017, 03:05 PM
post deleted

- - - Updated - - -

format_quote Originally Posted by *charisma*

I have self control in that aspect alhemdulilah ;D I'm actually not very social :/ People wonder why I even have a phone. I'm the terrible friend that leaves on you read for months.

Why am I not surprized !!! Could see that one from Mars

*charisma*
10-26-2017, 03:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Supernova
Why am I not surprized !!! Could see that one from Mars
See what?

Supernova
10-26-2017, 03:14 PM
See what?
Oh Heck - she saw it !

The "I'm not very social" part

*charisma*
10-26-2017, 03:29 PM
Oh Heck - she saw it !

The "I'm not very social" part
Oh I didn't know I gave away that vibe :D

- - - Updated - - -

format_quote Originally Posted by sister herb
In my country is available emergency app. When you call to emergency number, it tells automaticly your location to the Emergency Response Centre. If kind of service is available in your country, it might be useful. At one day it may safe your life.

If I would have such phone, this is the first one I´ll download.
I read something about that which is similar..I think that's a really great idea.

Cptn._.Mario
10-26-2017, 03:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by eesa the kiwi

Lolz
That app is built into the phone brother, it's called the off button. :D

Supernova
10-26-2017, 03:45 PM
Oh I didn't know I gave away that vibe

Oh yess ! Very Much.

*charisma*
10-26-2017, 05:06 PM
Oh yess ! Very Much.
Interesting, how so?

Scimitar
10-31-2017, 11:51 PM
google maps lol
Scimi that comes with every phone loool
without it, i'd be lost ;) which makes it a "must have app"

cinnamonrolls1
11-01-2017, 09:59 AM
Muslim pro

cinnamonrolls1
11-01-2017, 10:02 AM
Apart from that whatsapp, mp3 quran, tumblr,evernote( i use it like a school planner) umm the browser app, normal messaging?

AabiruSabeel
11-01-2017, 10:16 AM
Not to forget the IslamicBoard app. Available for Android as well as iOS.

Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...boardcom&hl=en

iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/isla...086502409?mt=8

Supernova
11-01-2017, 04:30 PM
Assalamu alaikum,

What are your must have apps on your phone?

Looking for anything interesting, new, and useful..
Weight Watchers has an app

:lol:

:astag:

*charisma*
11-01-2017, 05:44 PM
without it, i'd be lost which makes it a "must have app"
It's honestly really crazy how much better navigation systems have gotten over the years. I just wish it would work without the wifi.

format_quote Originally Posted by cinnamonrolls1
Muslim pro
What's that one about?

format_quote Originally Posted by AabiruSabeel
Not to forget the IslamicBoard app. Available for Android as well as iOS.

Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...boardcom&hl=en

iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/isla...086502409?mt=8
:D very sneaky..btw is the app any different than the mobile web version?? I had time today to look over the mobile web version..better than before, but I still prefer the full web page.

Weight Watchers has an app
Psh. I just made some cookie dough for later.

AabiruSabeel
11-01-2017, 05:56 PM
It's honestly really crazy how much better navigation systems have gotten over the years. I just wish it would work without the wifi.
There are a few navigation apps that can work offline.
Check HERE WeGo and MapFactor navigator.

:D very sneaky..btw is the app any different than the mobile web version?? I had time today to look over the mobile web version..better than before, but I still prefer the full web page.
If you are browsing on mobile, app is better in a few ways. You get push notifications. Browsing is faster and easier. Replying is also easier.

The only drawbacks that I have noticed are, no rep button, no notice at the top. Moderation is easier as well, but it doesn't show you how many moderated posts or threads are pending approval.

*charisma*
11-01-2017, 06:05 PM
There are a few navigation apps that can work offline.
Check HERE WeGo and MapFactor navigator.
Awesome, I'll check those out. Jazakallahu khair.
If you are browsing on mobile, app is better in a few ways. You get push notifications. Browsing is faster and easier. Replying is also easier.

The only drawbacks that I have noticed are, no rep button, no notice at the top. Moderation is easier as well, but it doesn't show you how many moderated posts or threads are pending approval.
I think one of the annoying things for me is not being able to quote..unless I just don't know how to do that.

AabiruSabeel
11-01-2017, 06:09 PM
I think one of the annoying things for me is not being able to quote..unless I just don't know how to do that.
Do you mean, using the IB app? Just click the back arrow shown there beside the like button, like this one:

Or do you mean using the mobile style? There is a Reply With Quote button below every post.

*charisma*
11-01-2017, 06:14 PM
Do you mean, using the IB app? Just click the back arrow shown there beside the like button, like this one: .

Or do you mean using the mobile style? There is a Reply With Quote button below every post.
Sorry I meant for using the multi-quote on mobile style...When I highlight, I get the options for cut/paste/select etc. I think I'm using it incorrectly.

AabiruSabeel
11-01-2017, 06:16 PM
Can you post a screenshot? It can help in finding the exact problem.

*charisma*
11-01-2017, 06:30 PM
Can you post a screenshot? It can help in finding the exact problem.

AabiruSabeel
11-01-2017, 06:32 PM
That is not the new mobile style. Click on this link to access it: www.islamicboard.com/?styleid=121

*charisma*
11-01-2017, 06:39 PM
Ok new style is way better but still can't multi or selectively quote..Same thing happens..

So I highlight the sentence or whatever, then that pops up (which I know is default from the actual web browser)...tried selecting multi quote first before highlighting it doesn't work that way either..I can quote regularly but the whole post is quoted.

AabiruSabeel
11-01-2017, 06:48 PM
You mean to selectively quote parts of a post. Yes, that is a limitation of mobile browsers, we cannot fix that from our end. Do you see that (Quote) popup? I don't see it on my mobile.

*charisma*
11-01-2017, 07:16 PM
You mean to selectively quote parts of a post. Yes, that is a limitation of mobile browsers, we cannot fix that from our end. Do you see that (Quote) popup? I don't see it on my mobile.
Nope. So i guess just regular quotes. Anyways jazakallahu khair for your patience :D

Scimitar
11-01-2017, 10:35 PM
It's honestly really crazy how much better navigation systems have gotten over the years. I just wish it would work without the wifi
I works without WiFi ;) kinda has to, since WiFi is router dependent, whereas as 3/4G isn't. Also, it works better when you got GPS enabled (android devices) but not necessary for iOS coz Apple are smart like that!

What's really odd is how google maps works better on iPhone than it does on Android!!!

Cptn._.Mario
11-02-2017, 10:01 AM

Can tell you're using a samsung :D

*charisma*
11-02-2017, 12:41 PM
Can tell you're using a samsung :D
Indeed I am :shade:

I works without WiFi kinda has to, since WiFi is router dependent, whereas as 3/4G isn't. Also, it works better when you got GPS enabled (android devices) but not necessary for iOS coz Apple are smart like that!

What's really odd is how google maps works better on iPhone than it does on Android!!!
wifi, internet..it's all the same for a simpleton like myself. :D Even when I use the GPS sometimes the dot goes a bit craycray and is nowhere near the location I'm in, or it moves around jumping from place to place. Not something anyone would enjoy on a high speed highway trying to get to the right place at the right time.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.