/* */

PDA

View Full Version : No friends, help, I feel lonely and depressed

scely
10-29-2017, 01:25 AM
Assalamualaikum,
I’m a 19 year old in college and ever since I was younger I feel that I never make the right friends. I’ll make some friends and then a year later I realize that they aren’t right for me. Now in college, I thought things would change, and I’ve made d’uaa for years asking for the right friends but every year is the same. I have one close friebd at school now, a girl, but the problem with that is she likes girls AND boys and in Islam being bisexual is haram but if i let her go as a friend I will have no one so what do i do? I also had another friend but she always wants to party and tries forcing me to go to parties too. We had fun hanging out by traveling, going to eat, etc. but I always felt that it was hard to find stuff to talk about because we didn’t havw that much in common. She also seems like the type to be jealous of me (she doesn’t like when i hang out with other people). But now I’m not sure if I should let her go or not. It seems that making friends is so easy for everyone but I can never find people that I have stuff in common with, or that I’m genuinely happy with. If I could count how many real friends I had from my entire life, it’s only two. And they’re both at college so I don’t get to see them. I just want the right people to do stuff with and to grow with. Why are my d’uaas not being answered? i know i’m supposed to be patient but it’s been so long and i’m tired of feeling this unhappy.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
*charisma*
10-29-2017, 02:25 AM
Walaikum asalaam,

Why do you need to be with friends to be happy?

Also when it comes to good friends, quality is better than quantity, and being alone is way better than having bad company.

ardianto
10-29-2017, 05:12 AM
Wa'alaikumsalam sister scely.

You will never find someone who really meet your expectation. Everyone must be has a side that doesn't really matched with you. But you still can find people who you and them can adjust to each other.

Do you have hobby?. Through hobby you can meet people with same interest as you, and you feel matched with them when you do activities that you like.

sister herb
10-29-2017, 08:58 AM
Wa alaykumussalam

You came to the right place sister as from here you can find friends whose may think alike and who has something common with you. Ok, this is virtual world but hey, we are real people behind of our screens. Also you can learn to understand yourself and others better in here so later it may be easier to you to find suitable real friends too.

:D

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Amir Shahzad
10-29-2017, 09:11 AM
Walikum Salam!

I have had the same problem from birth time but now I feel like I am near to be fixed. Human being internal issues could be way complex and cannot be understood easily. In my life, no body understood my problems even my parents, sister or friends. But like you, I always could feel that there is some problem with me and it should be fixed. Sometimes I too became too impatient and annoyed but the thing which really helped me was offering Salah and Reciting Quran. I had a lot of questions in my mind and no body knew the answer. I even tried to talk with Allah, myself but only reading Quran with translation answered my questions. I felt like the answers are exactly meant for me. Things are so long and complex that I cannot explain them here but Alhamdulilah! I believe I am near to be fixed soon In Shaa Allah! I no longer feel bad being alone. Now I am alone but happy. I too had like you very few friends. You and me are having many things in common if not all. So I will In Shaa Allah! pray for you and recommend you to offer Salah and start reading Quran with translation. I used to finish Quran once a year so you too need not to recite too much daily. For few minutes is enough. I hope this would certainly In Shaa Allah! help.

Best of luck!

Regards,
Amir

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.