/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The argument is not desirable in this subject

Amalalharbi
10-29-2017, 05:51 PM
Assalamu alaykum

I want to ask about the Sufism and Sunnah are they equal ?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
anatolian
10-29-2017, 07:18 PM
I must admite that I did not understand the title of the thread but if you must know I am a Sunni Muslim who has a desire to be a Sufi Muslim :)

Amalalharbi
10-29-2017, 08:23 PM
When I start this subject it always end up with useless arguments and nothing is clarified

- - - Updated - - -

If it is necessary to change from Sunni to Sufi, then there are differences

- - - Updated - - -

What do you know about Sufism and want it

I know one thing they love the Prophet peace be upon him , I think their love is exaggerated !

anatolian
10-29-2017, 08:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Amalalharbi
When I start this subject it always end up with useless arguments and nothing is clarified
Salam. I am not a professor of English but I think you meant "arguing" with argument..

If it is necessary to change from Sunni to Sufi, then there are differences
Actually it is not neccesary to change from Sunni to Sufi. It is rather a preference, a desire..And no you can be both Sunni and Sufi. You become a Sunni Sufi then :) I believe ahl al Sunnah wa al Jamaah (aka Sunni) is the straight path but Sufi is the best path.

What do you know about Sufism and want it

I know one thing they love the Prophet peace be upon him , I think their love is exaggerated !
Sufi looks from top. For example mr X looks at a cup from right side while mr Y looks it from left side and mr X claims that it's handle is on the left side while mr Y claims that it's handle is on the right side. Both are equally right and can argue on that for years. So who will solve the problem? The Sufi looks from top and says none of you are wrong but none of you are right also because the handle is in the middle.

Sufis love Allah and eveything because of Allah. Their understanding is "Love the creature because of the Creator".

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Amalalharbi
10-29-2017, 10:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anatolian
Salam. I am not a professor of English but I think you meant "arguing" with argument..

".
yes google translation .

- - - Updated - - -

Sufi looks from top. For example mr X looks at a cup from right side while mr Y looks it from left side and mr X claims that it's handle is on the left side while mr Y claims that it's handle is on the right side. Both are equally right and can argue on that for years. So who will solve the problem? The Sufi looks from top and says none of you are wrong but none of you are right also because the handle is in the middle.

Sufis love Allah and eveything because of Allah. Their understanding is "Love the creature because of the Creator".

ok What do you know about Sunnah?

- - - Updated - - -

If you love someone you will automatically do like him .

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) told us to follow his Sunnah, and the Sunnahs do not do heresies ( beda'a) and exaggerations. All they do is what is found in the Book of Allah and the Sunnah of His Prophet and they do what the Messenger of Allah used to do

- - - Updated - - -

It is important for me not to look at each other with disrespect

I do not say that I know everything and I am a scholar. our religion is bigger and more important than me. I will not be able to tell what I want or what it deserves from us .

- - - Updated - - -

I would like to try doing something good for Islam while I can do

- - - Updated - - -

I knew some Sufis. There was no difference. I thought they were Sunni, but some bed'a were issued. They were celebrating the birth of the Prophet and they were singing strange songs, they did not do what the Prophet (peace be upon him) did and the companions .

- - - Updated - - -

Salam.

Actually it is not neccesary to change from Sunni to Sufi. It is rather a preference, a desire..And no you can be both Sunni and Sufi. You become a Sunni Sufi then :) I believe ahl al Sunnah wa al Jamaah (aka Sunni) is the straight path but Sufi is the best path.".
Why do you prefer the best path on the straight path and we read (guide us to the straight path) surat AlFatehah 17 per day in prayer

MidnightRose
10-30-2017, 03:15 AM
:salam:

Here's a statement on this subject made by Mufti Muhammad ibn Adam:

In earlier times, Tasawwuf/Sufism was a reality without a name. The Companions and early Muslims (salaf) did not use the term Tasawwuf (and neither is it a blameworthy Bid’a to do so!), but they lived its teachings in their day-to-day lives. They did not go overboard with Shaykhs, spiritual orders (tariq) and the like, but worked on their hearts (tazkiya) and strived to rid it from blameworthy character traits such as hatred, enmity, pride, ostentation, evil assumptions, suspicion, judging others, seeking out faults, love of fame, love of wealth, etc. They possessed exemplary hearts, full of spirituality, love for Allah and His Messenger (Allah bless him & give him peace), and love for one another.

Today sadly, Tasawwuf is a name, but few possess its reality. Many people claim to be the proponents of Tasawwuf but then commit every sin that Tasawwuf came to eradicate such as quarrels, divisions, cults, jealousy of others, love of fame, “my Shaykh versus your Shaykh”, “my group better than your group.” Tasawwuf is more about working on one’s heart and less about which group one belongs to! Let us return to the real message of Tasawwuf.

- Source

Mufti Muhammad ibn Adam elaborates on this issue further in the following one-hour and thirty-six minute video. Although it's quite long, I'm pretty confident it'll be worth your time.

Supernova
10-30-2017, 11:09 AM
Assalamu alaykum

I want to ask about the Sufism and Sunnah are they equal ?
What would you define as Sufism firstly?

Amalalharbi
10-31-2017, 05:26 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Supernova
What would you define as Sufism firstly?
I am sunni and follow from every madhab the thing that makes Allah satisfied.

If we reject the scholars, then we must start from the beginning, but why do we reject them, if it is an arrogance, but this is not in Islam, if we believe that we know more than them and we dont want to learn from them , this is ignorance , ignorance is if you say that you know everything and stop learning .

So if you are a Muslim or born as a Muslim you should be looking for what makes Allah satisfied, not what we like or dislike

why Muslims see the right thing and just turn around.

Supernova
10-31-2017, 04:00 PM
I am sunni and follow from every madhab the thing that makes Allah satisfied.

If we reject the scholars, then we must start from the beginning, but why do we reject them, if it is an arrogance, but this is not in Islam, if we believe that we know more than them and we dont want to learn from them , this is ignorance , ignorance is if you say that you know everything and stop learning .

So if you are a Muslim or born as a Muslim you should be looking for what makes Allah satisfied, not what we like or dislike

why Muslims see the right thing and just turn around.
Asalaamualaykum
You misunderstood the question - It was a simple as it was asked. I want to understand what you understand by the term Sufi so that will allow me to answer your question from how you understand it. I am not interested in your beliefs - I just want to know what do you understand by the term Sufi.

Abu Fauzi
10-31-2017, 09:48 PM
As-Salaam alaikum,
Put very simply, Sufism or as some call it, Tasawwuf, is non other than the inner, spiritual dimension of Islam. And where you want to expand this simple but penetrating definition, Sufism is to keep the heart from all expectations from people; abstaining from subservience to desire; killing the attributes of the nafs (ego); cultivating the spiritual attributes; acquisition of true knowledge; to practice such deeds which will benefit until qiyaamat; to admonish and advise all people of the Ummah; and to follow the Shari'a of Prophet Muhammad, Sallallahu alaihi Wasallam.

2. Further to all this, I wish to invite your attention to the attached booklet titled: SUFISM-- A path towards the internalization of faith (Ihsan), by Sheikh Osman Nuri Topbas. It beautifully examines and answers all the questions raised on SUFISM initially on the above post... and more. I hope you find the time to go over it.... You will be glad you did.

Best Regards.

Amalalharbi
11-01-2017, 05:02 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abu Fauzi
As-Salaam alaikum,
Put very simply, Sufism or as some call it, Tasawwuf, is non other than the inner, spiritual dimension of Islam. And where you want to expand this simple but penetrating definition, Sufism is to keep the heart from all expectations from people; abstaining from subservience to desire; killing the attributes of the nafs (ego); cultivating the spiritual attributes; acquisition of true knowledge; to practice such deeds which will benefit until qiyaamat; to admonish and advise all people of the Ummah; and to follow the Shari'a of Prophet Muhammad, Sallallahu alaihi Wasallam.

2. Further to all this, I wish to invite your attention to the attached booklet titled: SUFISM-- A path towards the internalization of faith (Ihsan), by Sheikh Osman Nuri Topbas. It beautifully examines and answers all the questions raised on SUFISM initially on the above post... and more. I hope you find the time to go over it.... You will be glad you did.

Best Regards.
wa alaykum assalam wa rahmatu Allah

I will read the book, in sha Allah .

jazak Allah khair brother

greenhill
11-01-2017, 12:50 PM
Salam.

You see, this is where we all come tumbling down... trying to define. Trying to be able to compartmentalise everything. If we can, the definition would be able to put it in a box kind of thing. Specific. So then if it is this it cannot be that. All these things only set up the scenario for us to be confused. @imdadullah has given a good explanation to this.

In the most extreme, Allah demonstrates that He determines everything. Our next meal. Our next breath! In the Quran He provided out of season fruits to Mary. Our sustenance is His provision. We only have to strive AND BELIEVE. The problem is in the world we live in. So counter-faith. It is not the individuals so much, but the system. And we, the individuals, get caught up in it, derailing us.

Really, as what was explained by the above post, really it was the 'being' of those people, trying to be a muslim as what they believe the prophet practiced and preached and leaving their destiny in the hands of the AlMighty, is pure surrender, the true meaning go islam. If that is labeled as Sunni or Tasawwuf or whatever, does it really matter? The journey is in the 5th line of al Fatiha 'guide me to the right path' ..

So, if Allah guides you to the right path, what islamic label would it be?

Let us go back to basics, please.

1) The shahada is universal.
2) the other pillars of faith.
I am often reminded that if we had the chance after we have tasted death to live again, we would be very charitable indeed. So, if that is the most highest act, why not do that? To live out the principles as explained in that post#6. And learn to BE that. Being patient. It is very hard indeed. In simplicity, I have heard a saying that encapsulates those characteristics - Think well, say well, do well. I have incorporated that into my thoughts and action since I heard it.

If we want further guidance as to how to 'be', read up on the stories of the prophets. Non will send us astray. Each will have its own contribution to enrich our understanding. To see how human being behave. How they deny and keep denying, generations after generations until today.

:peace:

cinnamonrolls1
11-01-2017, 06:19 PM
From my understanding sufism is about getting closer to Allah swt and is focused on spiritual cleanliness.

abuahmed
11-02-2017, 08:37 PM
Assalam Alaykum, since SUNNAH covers and includes everything that makes us get closer to Allah, so what do you expect to find in SUFISM that you miss in SUNNAH?

RisingLight
11-02-2017, 09:03 PM
SubhanAllah dont be sufists!!!!!! Sufism is full of Bid'ah...If spining around,with a moustache and no beard would get you closer to Allah,or bring mystical knowledge ,then the Prophet saws would have done it.There is no better way of getting closer to Allah,than the way of the Prophet saws
Just follow the sunnah...

Amalalharbi
11-02-2017, 10:43 PM
It seems to me that Sufis want to do something new that no one has ever done. there is no Messenger will come after Muhammad alayhe assalam the Messenger of Allah. We must inform the message correctly nothing new or ( bed'a ) because Allah's religion is perfect without any addition .

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.