/* */

PDA

View Full Version : i am new

syphax
11-01-2017, 12:07 PM
I am syphax ( amazigh name aka berbèr name ) i 'm here to enjoy the company of Muslims . l know this is short but l don't have much to say asalam alykoum :D

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
*charisma*
11-01-2017, 01:57 PM
Walaikum asalaam,

Welcom to the forum, hope you enjoy your stay.

Where are you from?

syphax
11-01-2017, 02:50 PM
North Africa . Algeria and you ?

- - - Updated - - -

From North Africa Algeria and you ?

*charisma*
11-01-2017, 02:54 PM
The US. :D Hows life in algeria?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
syphax
11-01-2017, 04:01 PM
Well we're close to a civil war lol jock OK I guess not as lively as the US with trump

RisingLight
11-02-2017, 01:51 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by syphax
Well we're close to a civil war lol jock OK I guess not as lively as the US with trump

You funny :D.... Alaikum salam we rahmetullah.Have a great time here brother

syphax
11-02-2017, 07:54 AM
Thanks bro

cinnamonrolls1
11-02-2017, 04:25 PM
Salam, are you moroccan? I just assumed cos u said amazigh? Thats so cool im also moroccan lol. Welcome to the forum!

cinnamonrolls1
11-02-2017, 04:26 PM
Oh wait i see you're algerian. Thats cool my uncle's also algerian berber

*charisma*
11-02-2017, 05:55 PM
Do algerians and moroccan berbers speak the same language? Is amazigh of one dialect?

RisingLight
11-02-2017, 08:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by *charisma*
Do algerians and moroccan berbers speak the same language? Is amazigh of one dialect?
Depends.As far as I know there are many dialects of the berber language spoken within one country.A group of berbers in Marocco might speak the same dialect as a group of berbers in Algeria or even in Egypt.There may also be moroccan berbers wich speak a different dialect than all other moroccan berbers.All these dialects are called Tamazight (or as syphax says,Amazigh)

syphax
11-03-2017, 10:05 AM
Yes it's depends the same word can have a deferen meaning in defern region
PS: Berber is the name that wester give us it's come from barbaric to insult our people because we are the white ( not anymore we have now multitude of colors white black ...) Who became Muslims and mixed with defern ethnic groups

cinnamonrolls1
11-03-2017, 10:23 AM
PS: Berber is the name that wester give us it's come from barbaric to insult our people because we are the white ( not anymore we have now multitude of colors white black ...) Who became Muslims and mixed with defern ethnic groups
Yeah. I have a amazigh family friend and his wife is algerian berber. They speak to each other in berber and understand each other subhanallah

Sent from my D5803 using IslamicBoard mobile app

RisingLight
11-03-2017, 11:24 AM
Actually we Greeks called you guys Berbers since the time of Byzantine Empire,(from barbaric) as you said.But,dont take it as an offense,cuz we used to call everybody barbaric.That means someone who doesnt spoke Greek was a Barbar (cuz he makes a bar-bar sound).Even Romans were barbarians to us.Its not an offense at all :D

syphax
11-03-2017, 01:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by DyingLight
Actually we Greeks called you guys Berbers since the time of Byzantine Empire,(from barbaric) as you said.But,dont take it as an offense,cuz we used to call everybody barbaric.That means someone who doesnt spoke Greek was a Barbar (cuz he makes a bar-bar sound).Even Romans were barbarians to us.Its not an offense at all :D
Bro even some amazigh call themselves Berbers their is even a TV Chanel called berbertv

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!