/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Texas church shooting leaves many dead

Singularity
11-05-2017, 10:00 PM
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-41880511

Texas church shooting leaves many dead

From the section US & Canada Share this with Facebook Share this with Twitter Share this with Messenger Share this with Email Share

Media caption It's reported the gunman was killed in the aftermath
At least 27 people have died after a gunman opened fire at a church in Texas during Sunday services, police say.
The attack happened at the First Baptist Church in Sutherland Springs in Wilson County.
Police official Albert Gamez Jr confirmed the number of fatalities to CBS News.
The gunman, who is reported to have been killed in the aftermath, entered the church and opened fire at around 11:30 local time (17:30 GMT).
"The details are kind of sketchy but what I know right now, what they're telling me, like 27 deceased and over 20, 25 injured," Mr Gamez Jr said.
About 50 people usually attend the service, locals said.
"They're talking about the shooter is dead also," he added.

The gunman died after a brief car chase into nearby Guadalupe County slightly to the north, a Sherriff's Office deputy from that county told CNN.
But it is not clear if he was killed by police or killed himself, the spokesman said.
One witness, Carrie Matula, told NBC News: "We heard semi-automatic gunfire… we're only about 50 yards away from this church."
"This is a very small community, so everyone was very curious as to what was going on."
Sutherland Springs is a small town with just a few hundred residents, which lies about 50km (30 miles) southeast of the city of San Antonio.
The San Antonio FBI branch said its agents had been deployed, and there was no indication of the gunman's motive.
The FBI also said that while only one shooter was reported, it was looking into other possibilities.
Photos and video from the scene showed the area taped off by local law enforcement.
A number of helicopters have arrived to transport the wounded, KSAT 12 reporter Max Massey said.
FBI officials arrive at the site of a mass shooting in Sutherland Springs, TexasImage copyrightKSAT 12 / REUTERS

FBI agents joined local law enforcement at the scene
Texas church shooting leaves many dead
Texas governor Greg Abbott said: "Our prayers are with all who were harmed by this evil act. Our thanks to law enforcement for their response."
He said more details would be released by the Texas Department of Public Safety shortly.
President Trump, on a tour of Asia, tweeted: "May God be with the people of Sutherland Springs, Texas. The FBI and law enforcement are on the scene. I am monitoring the situation from Japan."

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
M.I.A.
11-05-2017, 10:37 PM
http://www.smobserved.com/story/2017...esto/3188.html

..lol.. the article appears to be fake

Here.. is another one.

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/11/0...ing-texas.html

Sorry about that,

Increasing percentage of non muslim shooter.

Singularity
11-06-2017, 07:08 AM
http://abcnews.go.com/US/texas-churc...ry?id=50949455

Texas church shooting suspect was court-martialed for assault on spouse and child
By PIERRE THOMAS JACK DATE MIKE LEVINE AARON KATERSKY MEGHAN KENEALLY LUIS MARTINEZ Nov 5, 2017, 10:25 PM ET
PHOTO: Devin Kelley, 26, identified as the suspected shooter who opened fire in the First Baptist Church of Sutherland Springs, Texas, is pictured in an undated Facebook photo.Facebook
WATCHAuthorities identify Texas church shooting suspect
Email
The suspected shooter who opened fire in a rural Texas church was court-martialed during his time in the U.S. Air Force for assault of his spouse and their child, according to military records.

Devin Kelley has been identified by federal and state law enforcement officials as the shooter who killed 26 people and injured at least 20 others on Sunday morning in the First Baptist Church of Sutherland Springs, Texas. Kelley was found dead in his car after fleeing the scene, though investigators are still working to determine whether or not it was the result of a self-inflicted wound.

Kelley, 26, served from 2010 until 2014 and worked in the logistics readiness department at Holloman Air Force Base in New Mexico, said Air Force spokeswoman Ann Stefanek.

Kelley was court-martialed in 2012 on charges of assault on his spouse and on their child. Kelley received a bad conduct discharge, confinement for twelve months and a reduction of his military status.

PHOTO: Devin Kelley, pictured in an undated LinkedIn profile photo, is the suspected shooter who opened fire in the First Baptist Church of Sutherland Springs, Texas. LinkedIn
Devin Kelley, pictured in an undated LinkedIn profile photo, is the suspected shooter who opened fire in the First Baptist Church of Sutherland Springs, Texas. more +
Kelley is from New Braunfels, Texas, and the investigation into his background is ongoing.

The suspect’s Facebook profile appeared to show a recent picture of an AR-15–style gun.

At least 26 dead, 20 injured in shooting at rural Texas church
14-year-old daughter of pastor among victims in Texas church shooting, father says
A source at the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives told ABC News the agency was searching for explosives at the suspect's home. The FBI is also searching the man's home.

Texas Department of Public Safety Regional Director Freeman Martin said this afternoon the suspect was wearing all black, including a ballistics vest, at the time of the shooting.

PHOTO: The Facebook profile associated with suspected church shooter Devin Kelley showed an AR-style weapon. Facebook
The Facebook profile associated with suspected church shooter Devin Kelley showed an AR-style weapon.
Martin said the suspect was found dead in his truck after running off the road near the county line after fleeing and being fired upon at the church by a resident. Investigators are unsure whether the resident killed the suspect or he killed himself.

Kelley lived at his parents’ home with his wife and child, according to neighbor Mark Moravitz.

Photos: Texas church shooting
SLIDESHOW: Photos: Texas church shooting
Moravitz told ABC News he didn’t notice anything unusual about Kelly, but said he would sometimes hear gunshots coming from near that house in the evening around 10 or 11 o'clock, which Moravitz said was not unusual, given the area.

At least 26 people died and 20 were injured in the shooting. The exact details of how the shooting unfolded remain unknown.

ABC News' Gina Suneri and Seema Mathur contributed to this report.

sister herb
11-06-2017, 02:09 PM
In the USA happens mass shootings almost every day. Like for example 307 mass shootings have occurred in the USA in so far in 2017. What´s the point to post kind of news to here?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
M.I.A.
11-06-2017, 02:41 PM
The political climate of todays society and its views towards muslims in general, makes events of terrorism relevant.

A great number of muslims and non muslims would welcome an islamic link..

If the relevant narrative is pushed.

Shock value counts for a lot in imposing views upon people.

Muslims need to learn how to metaphorically slap peoples brain processes. (Happens to me all the time)

It wont make things any easier to do so though.

...i think the nra may be getting paranoid though.

Pinky
11-06-2017, 02:49 PM
I'm not sure about the details of this gunman. But whenever a terrorist attack is done by a muslim I feel so ashamed when they yell Allahu Akhbar...you terrorists beliefs have Nothing to do with Islam! You will rot in hell, not go to Jannah. I consider these terrorist muslims who kill for the "sake of religion" all fake and evil.

M.I.A.
11-06-2017, 03:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Pinky
I'm not sure about the details of this gunman. But whenever a terrorist attack is done by a muslim I feel so ashamed when they yell Allahu Akhbar...you terrorists beliefs have Nothing to do with Islam! You will rot in hell, not go to Jannah. I consider these terrorist muslims who kill for the "sake of religion" all fake and evil.
Well, if you say this then what you put forward in the world is extremely valuable..

Although allah swt raises and lowers as he wills.

Allah swt is well aware of all of us..

I dont know how he decides whats real and whats fake.

Also its really ineffective against anyone with resources..

As long as the rebuttle can be aimed somewhere.

..would you believe the line extends all the way around the corner.

o_O

..sometimes.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.