/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is my Ghusl valid??

Serinity
11-07-2017, 06:52 PM
:salam:

I am anxious about this. Before doing ghusl, I had invalid prayers, cuz I prayed without wudhu (cuz of dry hands).

With this in mind - not having valid prayers - I did ghusl - is it valid? I am very ashamed of myself of not having valid prayers, and now I am anxious of my ghusl.

I can not afford to redo my ghusl, cuz then I will think, like before, is it valid cuz of my invalid prayers? I really trust in the Mercy of Allah, in Allah having accepted my Ghusl regardless of my invalid prayers.

Do my hopes have any grounds?

Allahu alam

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
AabiruSabeel
11-07-2017, 07:30 PM
:wasalam:

Ghusl is for purification. It does not have anything to do with thinking about any invalid prayers before that. If you have performed ghusl with the intention of purifying yourself and to be able to offer prayers, then that is sufficient.

Serinity
11-07-2017, 08:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AabiruSabeel
:wasalam:

Ghusl is for purification. It does not have anything to do with thinking about any invalid prayers before that. If you have performed ghusl with the intention of purifying yourself and to be able to offer prayers, then that is sufficient.
I did ghusl so thaat I can do prayers and read Qur'an. So I am OK. That is a relief. This doubt almost brought me to despair. So It is accepted.

My intentions was to become pure - so I hope that is acceptable. I now have thoughts about my intentions, I might not have stated them or made them clear in my head. But I made ghusl so that I could become pure so I could read Quran, and because otherwise, I'd have a sin every step I take.

Alhamdulillah.

JazakAllah Khayr

Serinity
11-08-2017, 08:16 AM
Sorry for posting again,

before I did ghusl I said inside me "I intend to do fardh ghusl for the sake of Allah, Bismillah" nothing more nothing less. Was that sufficient?
I'm in doubt about sayinh my intentions was to pray - but my intention was to become pure / free from major impurity.

Ps. Now doubts about my shahadah before doing ghusl. I tried my best. I did it to make sure 100% I
Was Muslim. Now I know as long as you said the shahadah to the best of your ability, you are fine. But I had some 'blocky' feelings I ignored. My question is - is my / was my shahadah accepted cuz I can't control what enters my brain or what I feel..
Allahu alam

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
AabiruSabeel
11-08-2017, 11:15 AM
Don't think too much about it. If you've intended to do fardh ghusl, that is fine as well because ghusl itself is for purification.

Ümit
11-08-2017, 12:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Serinity
Sorry for posting again,

before I did ghusl I said inside me "I intend to do fardh ghusl for the sake of Allah, Bismillah" nothing more nothing less. Was that sufficient?
I'm in doubt about sayinh my intentions was to pray - but my intention was to become pure / free from major impurity.

Ps. Now doubts about my shahadah before doing ghusl. I tried my best. I did it to make sure 100% I
Was Muslim. Now I know as long as you said the shahadah to the best of your ability, you are fine. But I had some 'blocky' feelings I ignored. My question is - is my / was my shahadah accepted cuz I can't control what enters my brain or what I feel..
Allahu alam
Salaam friend,

do not worry too much about your thought. Like you said yourself, you cannot control them. Often, the Shaytaan has more control over your thoughts than yourself.
you will not get discredit for having a bad thought...just don't act on it.
you spoke out your niyet "I intend to do fardh ghusl for the sake of Allah, Bismillah" and did Gusl as best as you could...which should be valid.
if later you remember for sure you forgot a crucial part of it like washing mouth, nose or some other bodypart, then of course it is no longer valid...but other than that...do not worry.

about dry hands I do not know the answer on that...normally, if you cannot do wudhu because of an open wound somewhere you need to wash, it is sufficient to just mesh that area...like you do with your head...but hands...you need your hands to do wudhu at all...so that I dont know...
maybe to use gloves and just mesh your hands...but that is not practical.
moisturizing creme perhaps?

Serinity
11-08-2017, 04:38 PM
I will take it as valid. Before doing ghusl I said shahadah, so that I am 100% sure on being muslim. But now I am doubting how I felt then.

I'll just take it as accepted. jazakAllah kjayr

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.