/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Can Co-Wives be friends?

MiracleSurvivor
11-08-2017, 05:13 PM
Like I wonder if my husband ever takes another wife we can be friendly with each other. Polygamy can not be so bad if practiced properly. But why do co - wives get jealous?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ephémère
11-08-2017, 08:36 PM
Yes co-wives can be friends but it really depends on the "new" wife. You can help find a friendly wife for your husband.
Some women don't want to ever hear about the other wife and have absolutely no contact, like keeping the illusion that the husband is married only to them. ^o)
Some want to be friends and be involved in each others lives like a big loving family. But that seems rare.
Co-wifes get jealous because they're humans, even the Prophet ﷺ wifes were jealous. It's hard to avoid.

al-Andalusi
11-08-2017, 08:38 PM
They absolutely should be friends.

Jealousy is a natural feeling among humans, but like all negative emotions like anger, it should be worked through. A man should be talking to his wives and tending to their greivances.

I have two partners (polygamy is unfortunately illegal in my country, but so long as I do not try to apply for more than one marriage license with the secular state law, they cannot do anything. This de-facto polygamy is possible), and I attend to their every need, listen to their grevances and try to solve disputes they may have. Alhamdulillah, they are very friendly with each other and adore one another. So yes, polygamy can be good and healthy if everyone is contributing their part and communicating, as in any relationship.

Scimitar
11-09-2017, 02:25 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by MiracleSurvivor
But why do co - wives get jealous?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Desert
05-16-2020, 01:42 PM
Polgamy is beautiful I would love to share my husband...

Teslimmy
05-17-2020, 03:03 PM
Assalam o alaikum rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu
Brothers in Islam I will employ us all to follow the guidelines regarding polygamy as provided by the Qur'an

CuriousonTruth
05-17-2020, 04:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Teslimmy
Assalam o alaikum rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu
Brothers in Islam I will employ us all to follow the guidelines regarding polygamy as provided by the Qur'an
You mean implore right.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.