/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Riba and divorce

Sarasaida
11-09-2017, 02:58 PM
Salam w aleikom,

I am seeking urgent advice in regards to two situations;

1.- I am working in Spain and living with my mother. My salary is very low and the rents are very hight. In order to rent a flat I am forced to share with other people, right now we rented a room to a respectful gentleman, but still is very complicated to share even with women nowadays, as I had bad experience with that. For a normal flat the price is aprox 800 eur expenses and my salary is 1000 eur. The question is related to RIBA, as there is an option to buy the same kind of apartment woth a fixed interest nowing the final cost of the apartment at the final payment as the monthly payment to the bank is 380 eur per month. So renting is 800 and a property 380. Is this posible or it is haram?

2.- The second question is related to my husband. I married to a gentleman who told me and my mum he was divorced with 2 kids from a woman and one son from the first. After I got pregnant I found out tha he was not divorced from the second wife, even though they didnt see each other for 4 years as they were only talking over the phone. That woman started threatening me, there is no way to comunicate with her as she became atheist even if originally she is moroccan. She threatens me qith Sihr and even with killing me. So my husband and I always had problems, we love each other but there is something that attaches him to her. I had a miscarriage and after I got pregnant without planning it. In march 2016 my husband was gonna travel because he always tries to find a way to talk to her and others and to make money to help them, I told him I had a primonition that he was gonna go to prison. He didnt listen to me, but after a week he was jailed for a transaction that went wrong. I was 3 months pregnant and even if he had a 3 years judgement i decided to stand by him. Only allah knows what i have been through, alhamdulilah 3ala kuli hal. His other wife made my life like hell. The day my daughter was gonna be born she died due to no reason as doctors said. Inna li lah wa inna ilaihi raji3on. Now He still calls me from time to time saying he will come to me but as well I know he stills talk to her and she expects him to be with her as he is coming out from prison in 3 or 4 months inchaalah. I am suffering a lot, my mother is scared from the other wife because she promised she will find a way to kill me. I love him a lot, but also im scared from the other person as she has no rahma on her heart and I dont know what is on his mind.

Also, I have male clients and friends who dont understand my situation and they keep trying to offer me marriage but I act like if I dont get it and from one hand I feel bad because I wish my husband trested me as he should and he was with me all the time, and from the other hand I am sick and I remember all the times he teached on me and that he keeps talking to other women so I wonder why should I act like I am married because maybe I am not even married...I didnt see him for 2 years and I am not sure he will come to me when he comes out.
So, brother or sister, please guive me an advice. Jazakom lah khair, salam.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Kts
11-09-2017, 11:26 PM
Salaam sister. Allah is truly testing you. On the subject of divorce, it is permissible.

Yusuf Ali: When ye divorce women, and they fulfil the term of their ('Iddat), either take them back on equitable terms or set them free on equitable terms; but do not take them back to injure them, (or) to take undue advantage; if any one does that; He wrongs his own soul. Do not treat Allah's Signs as a jest, but solemnly rehearse Allah's favours on you, and the fact that He sent down to you the Book and Wisdom, for your instruction. And fear Allah, and know that Allah is well acquainted with all things.
Chapter 2 verse 231

With regards to interest charged. If you take a bond/mortgage over a 20 year period but pay it over 8,5 years you will not be paying interest on the principal debt. Note that this interest is calculated over time the sooner you pay it off the lesser the interest. Allah guide us to make the right choices in this life so that we can be in your favour in the next life.
InshaAllah ameen

AbdurRahman.
11-10-2017, 12:39 PM
Sis, riba/interest is haram so buying that property won't be allowed. be patient sis and that 200 euros for the month? will suffice or look for higher paid job

hmmm u want to be careful of that crazy woman who wants to harm you: divorce is disliked by Allah. I would have said since she is hell-bent on harming you and seems like she'd go to any length, I would have said, ' run a mile' (I.e prioritise ur and ur future children's safety over the relationship with that man but I'll leave the last word to the mods

Zzz_
11-11-2017, 12:57 AM
Dealing with riba is going to war with Allah. That's not something you would want to engage in. Isn't it better move a bit further away from city where the rent isn't so high? Also, can you not find muslim sisters for rooming?

He was no gentlemen if he lied to you about his second wife. If she threatens you with sihr and death then you can be sure that already deals in sihr. Morocco is one of the nations that is high in use of sihr. It is used heavily in it comes to relationships. The fact he is still attached to her may mean she is using it on him. The death of your daughter maybe also done through sihr, especially since the doctors have no idea how/why. You are suffering a lot and yet you still want to stick with this "gentlemen" who has been less than honorable with you. One of the ways to do sihr on someone is through knowing their mother's maiden name. And knowing your name, I'm guessing that's show she killed your daughter. And should she find out your mother's name then she can kill you with that knowledge.

Your husband is less than honorable and your blind love for him is putting you and your mother in danger. If loosing your daughter was not a hard enough lesson, do you wish to continue in this dangerous relationship based on lies? Personally, I would suggest valuing your life and walking away from all this. Religiously, I would suggest talking to an imam or scholar for or a more insightful advice. Although, considering his character and his wife's nature, I would bet they would say the same.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
11-11-2017, 03:51 PM
Sharing a house with a "gentlemen" (assuming it's not a grandpa or an impotent men) is not allowed in Islam.

The rest is a bit too tricky, so I won't comment on that.

Sarasaida
11-22-2017, 01:29 PM
Assalam w aleikom,

Thank you for your responses.

Regarding that gentleman living with us, I have requested him to find an other place so he his leaving by end of this month inchaalah, also I have recently found a better job so alhamdulilah, it has been solved.

From the other hand, my husband is coming out from prison in 2 months and I think only then I will be able to end up with this movie in a way or in an other, hope Allah guides me in the best direction. This is really stressing me I don´t know why I´m still attached to him after all what happened, I don´t even know if he will come here or he will definetly go back to his first wife, which would be am automatic divorce for me, or, he will come here and in that case I don´t know what´s gonna happen. I think about my mother too and everything becomes more complicated. I have had a bad experience with my first engagement and then my marriage...I have made bad choices and I´m scared to be wrong again maybe that is why I am still stuck in this situation. Pls pray for me.

Jazakom lah khair.

Sarasaida
11-22-2017, 01:59 PM
Assalam w aleikom,

Regarding that gentleman living with us, I have requested him to find an other place so he his leaving by end of this month inchaalah, also I have recently found a better job so alhamdulilah, it has been solved.

From the other hand, my husband is coming out from prison in 2 months and I think only then I will be able to end up with this movie in a way or in an other, hope Allah guides me in the best direction. This is really stressing me I don´t know why I´m still attached to him after all what happened, I don´t even know if he will come here or he will definetly go back to his first wife, which would be am automatic divorce for me, or, he will come here and in that case I don´t know what´s gonna happen. I think about my mother too and everything becomes more complicated. I have had a bad experience with my first engagement and then my marriage...I have made bad choices and I´m scared to be wrong again maybe that is why I am still stuck in this situation. Pls pray for me.

PS: I have just noticed some spelling mistakes on my first post.

Jazakom lah khair.

AbdurRahman.
11-22-2017, 03:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sarasaida
Assalam w aleikom,

PS: I have just noticed some spelling mistakes on my first post.

Jazakom lah khair.
congrats on your new job! ☺

if he comes back to you, or I have a feeling he'd want to keep both of you as he is promiscuous, in that case have a word with the local Imam as your safety should be paramount here sis and you don't want to compromise that!

May Allah be with you amen

Sarasaida
11-22-2017, 03:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AbdullahAziz
congrats on your new job! ☺

if he comes back to you, or I have a feeling he'd want to keep both of you as he is promiscuous, in that case have a word with the local Imam as your safety should be paramount here sis and you don't want to compromise that!

May Allah be with you amen

jazak lah khair brother, I will keep you posted bi idni lah.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.