/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Muslims can pray in Churches??

Al Sultan
11-10-2017, 09:37 AM
Assalamo alikum and jummah mubaraka everyone.

I randomly found this news article, in which it says that, a 'top' Saudi scholar says that Muslims may pray in Churches and synagogues, but is this really true? can anyone confirm this? I mean half of what he says does make sense, but I'm not too sure about praying in churches..

https://www.msn.com/en-ae/news/middl...cid=spartandhp

Wa assalamo alikum wa rahmutllahi wa barakato.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
فصيح الياسين
11-10-2017, 01:37 PM
رجما بالغيب
Very very false lawsuits due to based on wrong causes he took.
Its not allowed for muslims to pray their. As it make people think tht muslim also believe and worship same statue.
And non muslim cant entr any mosque neither haramain nor any other country mosque due to their impurities surah tauba 28

M.I.A.
11-10-2017, 02:28 PM
Its the concept of idolatry.

Churches no.

Synagogues..

I remember recently when an american mosque was burned down the jews offered the muslims a place to perform prayer.

..and the jewish consensus is the same..

Jews can pray in mosques.

Idolatry, or lack of.. being the main reason.

Although the official answer may be different..

I missused consensus...

Its a youtube!

https://youtu.be/moRM1YFdvyI

Edit link..

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7556331.html

Scimitar
11-10-2017, 02:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al Sultan
Assalamo alikum and jummah mubaraka everyone.

I randomly found this news article, in which it says that, a 'top' Saudi scholar says that Muslims may pray in Churches and synagogues, but is this really true? can anyone confirm this? I mean half of what he says does make sense, but I'm not too sure about praying in churches..
walAlayum AsSalaam WaRahmatullahi WaBarakaatuhu

No need to make salaat in a church anyway, if one finds himself with a small jamaat, then make salaat wherever the land is without impurity, and it's all good.

There was the occasion of when Umar RA was asked to make his salaat in a church, and he refused by saying that generations after him, the Muslims may claim that church as a masjid... wise words. Follow the history and we find that's exactly what happened. He made salaat a stones throw from the church, and generations later that area was turned into a masjid. The foresight of Umar RA was spot on, he knew his people well.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
M.I.A.
11-10-2017, 03:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar
No need to make salaat in a church anyway, if one finds himself with a small jamaat, then make salaat wherever the land is without impurity, and it's all good.

There was the occasion of when Umar RA was asked to make his salaat in a church, and he refused by saying that generations after him, the Muslims may claim that curch as a masjid... wise words. Follow the history and we find that's exactly what happened. He made salaat a stones throw from the church, and generations later that area was turned into a masjid. The foresight of Umar RA was spot on, he knew his people well.
Lol..

Alhamdulillah, i suppose something similar happened with the changing of the kiblah direction and the prophet pbuh.

..with regards to jews and muslims.

Amazing..

Good post.

Scimitar
11-10-2017, 03:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by M.I.A.
Lol..

Alhamdulillah, i suppose something similar happened with the changing of the kiblah direction and the prophet pbuh.

..with regards to jews and muslims.

Amazing..

Good post.
He, the Prophet and Messenger of Allah (pbuh) faced Bait al Maqdis for salaat, the period for which he faced was approx 16 or 17 months, after which we find the Qibla was changed to the Kaaba. The reason behind the changing of the Qibla from Bait al Maqdis to the Kaaba is revealed in the excerpt of this ayah

And thus we have made you a just community that you will be witnesses over the people and the Messenger will be a witness over you. And We did not make the qiblah which you used to face except that We might make evident who would follow the Messenger from who would turn back on his heels. And indeed, it is difficult except for those whom Allah has guided. And never would Allah have caused you to lose your faith. Indeed Allah is, to the people, Kind and Merciful. [al-Baqarah 2:143]

It is evident that the Qibla being Bait al Maqdis was a test for the believers because their hearts desired that the Qibla be the house which Ibraheem built, even the Prophet pbuh desired this - henceforth - after the 16/17 months were complete, the Qibla direction was changed to the Kaaba and the Prophet pbuh and the Compantions RA were happier for it. As mentioned in the ayah above, the Qibla being Bait al Maqdis was a test for the believers. Their hearts desired the Qibla to be the Kaaba!

M.I.A.
11-10-2017, 04:00 PM
Ok.. my mistake.

Thanks again.

Scimitar
11-10-2017, 04:06 PM
it's good to ask questions my bro, ma sh'Allah, thank you for your kind words,

sister herb
11-10-2017, 04:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by فصيح الياسين
رجما بالغيب

And non muslim cant entr any mosque neither haramain nor any other country mosque due to their impurities surah tauba 28
Is this true? I have heard about non-Muslims whose are interesting about Islam and visit in the mosques to get more information and see how Muslims pray. Sometimes with imam of the mosque too.

فصيح الياسين
11-10-2017, 04:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister herb
Is this true? I have heard about non-Muslims whose are interesting about Islam and visit in the mosques to get more information and see how Muslims pray. Sometimes with imam of the mosque too.
Actuaĺl problem is due to differnce between 4 mazahib.. but ulma says tht like beneficial for non muslims as accepting islam or come to seek the truth allowed . Cuz our prophet tied one man who was leader of his nation in masjid nabi for 3 days..
But fact is surah taubha ayats are of ghazwa tabuk the last ghazwa. And many things which were allowed got mansookh mean cancelled like bare cloths performing hajj etc. And in tauba allah said dnt allow kafir to masjid haram. And mujhtaheeden took causes of it which were non muslim impurity etc so applied on every single masjid.
So due to this main reason 4.madhaib differenciated tht ayat is mansookh or tht hadeeth is mansookh .
Hope this solves subject to understand

anatolian
11-11-2017, 08:24 AM
Jews and Christians are allowed to pray in masjids. There are hadiths refering to that. The prohibition in Quran is just for idolaters to pray in Kaba or even come closer to it. But I am not sure if Muslims are allowed to pray in churcehs or synagogues.

DanEdge
11-11-2017, 01:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister herb
My wife and I visited a local mosque, and after a meeting with the imam and his family he invited us to watch the evening prayer. My Christian wife prayed along with them silently. Afterwards, a few of the guys made us some tea and we chatted for a bit. It was a great experience for us. I posted about it on IB a while back.

--Dan Edge

فصيح الياسين
11-12-2017, 09:26 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by anatolian
Jews and Christians are allowed to pray in masjids. There are hadiths refering to that. The prohibition in Quran is just for idolaters to pray in Kaba or even come closer to it. But I am not sure if Muslims are allowed to pray in churcehs or synagogues.
It will be great to recommend your post by giving reference of hadith which u told. Cuz we never heard or if heard so would be mansookh

anatolian
11-12-2017, 07:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by فصيح الياسين
It will be great to recommend your post by giving reference of hadith which u told. Cuz we never heard or if heard so would be mansookh
Yes it is mentioned in sirah
https://m.askaquestionto.us/question...-in-the-masjid

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.