/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Can I never get married in Islam?

MiracleSurvivor
11-10-2017, 09:20 PM
I am a single Muslim woman, and I wonder if it is okay not to ever get married or have kids and this life. It's just I can't stand the fact that for the rest of my life I'm going to sacrifice for a couple of people. I want to enjoy my life to the fullest without kids or husband. Men these days just cause too much problems and I had a bad experience with them.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Scimitar
11-11-2017, 12:06 AM
never, say never!

old wounds heal, with time!

this is coming from me - a 42 year old man who has never married ;)

anatolian
11-11-2017, 08:29 AM
Its not an obligation but it is a recommendation.

11-11-2017, 03:38 PM
As long as you don't think you somehow will get closer to Allah by doing this. It shouldn't be a problem. Though if you ever fear falling into fornication, marriage becomes obligatory.

Al-Bukhaari (5063) and Muslim (1401) narrated from Anas that a group of Sahaabah of the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) asked the wives of the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) about what he did in private. One of them said: I will not marry women. Another said: I will not eat meat. Another said: I will not sleep in a bed. He (the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him)) praised and extolled Allah, then he said: “What is the matter with people who say such and such? I pray and I sleep, I fast and I break the fast, and I marry women. Whoever turns away from my Sunnah is not of me.”

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
AbdurRahman.
11-11-2017, 09:33 PM
if you want to enjoy life to the max than I would have thought that intimacy between married couples is the greatest enjoyment by far so you'll be missing out! ������

Umm Malik
11-12-2017, 05:15 PM
If there is no chance for you to get the acceptable husband or there is no one come it's okay and you will get rewarded if you stay patient
but don't say never because to get married is better than falling into fitnah one day
allah knows best

xboxisdead
05-19-2018, 03:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MiracleSurvivor
I am a single Muslim woman, and I wonder if it is okay not to ever get married or have kids and this life. It's just I can't stand the fact that for the rest of my life I'm going to sacrifice for a couple of people. I want to enjoy my life to the fullest without kids or husband. Men these days just cause too much problems and I had a bad experience with them.
I agree 100%. I have no intention of sacrificing for couple of people, a wife and her children myself :D You do not have to get married either. I am 39 year old,a man and single :D It can be done..especially for a woman. It is even easier for a woman than a man.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.