/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Wudhu/Ablution and petroleum jelly

AminahKarima
11-19-2017, 12:39 PM
Assalamualaikum.
I just bought a new cosmetic product, the petroleum jelly from vaseline. I am wondering if i can do wudhu after i applied the product without washing it with soap. I actually just applied that after maghrib and i just did wudhu for isya like usual. After i did shalat i just realized that the area that i applies with the product (i applied it on my feet) felt kinda greasy. Do i have to repeat my shalat? Or is it actually okay to put petroleum jelly before wudhu? Please, i need fast answer cause i dont know what to do. And im sorry of my english is weird. Im not an english native speaker

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
talibilm
11-19-2017, 03:15 PM
:sl:

Valid Wudu requires the water gets in contact with the skin. Nail polish etc will make the wudu invalid.

If there was a genuine reason like injury , Medicine, bandage etc and if water getting in touch would AGGRAVATE the disease or injury than just wiping it wet (or if you can allow the water pass over it without rubbing etc) will be ok since Allah wants to make us easy, the following of Islam.

Supernova
11-19-2017, 04:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AminahKarima
Assalamualaikum.
I just bought a new cosmetic product, the petroleum jelly from vaseline. I am wondering if i can do wudhu after i applied the product without washing it with soap. I actually just applied that after maghrib and i just did wudhu for isya like usual. After i did shalat i just realized that the area that i applies with the product (i applied it on my feet) felt kinda greasy. Do i have to repeat my shalat? Or is it actually okay to put petroleum jelly before wudhu? Please, i need fast answer cause i dont know what to do. And im sorry of my english is weird. Im not an english native speaker
Asalaamualaykum:
In Wudhu the Water has to make contact with the skin.

If you use any make up products that are permeable at the time of wudhu then that wudhu is be valid.

If the make is impermeable - that means the water has not touched the skin and the wudhu is invalid.

Note: By "skin" It means skin and nails.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.