/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Ummah Forum: Virus

Supernova
11-23-2017, 08:50 PM
Asalaamualaykum:

Word of warning to those that have Ummah forum accounts.

It has been attacked by the JSCoinminer Virus.

Please update your antivirus programs and stay safe.

* Notification came up on Norton Antivirus and I cannot log in to my account.
I have took a picture of the warning but for some reason I cannot upload the pic

- - - Updated - - -

I am trying to upload the screenshot from my laptop but IB says 5.4Meg is too big of a picture to upload.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
sister herb
11-23-2017, 08:50 PM
I got similar warning while trying to open ummah forum few months ago. No, I haven´t account in there, I was just searching something.

Supernova
11-23-2017, 08:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister herb
I got similar warning while trying to open ummah forum few months ago. No, I haven´t account in there, I was just searching something.
Was It JSCoinminer ?

sister herb
11-23-2017, 09:06 PM
I don´t remember what name it had but my antivirus program warned not to open that forum because of some virus.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
AabiruSabeel
11-24-2017, 04:13 AM
Edit: The trojan is still there. Kaspersky has detected a trojan.

Serinity
11-24-2017, 02:55 PM
:salam:

Long time since I have been there. Hopefully I have no virus on my PC. Can Windows Defender detect such viruses?

And Allah :swt: knows best.

Supernova
11-24-2017, 05:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Serinity
:salam:

Long time since I have been there. Hopefully I have no virus on my PC. Can Windows Defender detect such viruses?

And Allah :swt: knows best.
I dont know ( I thought that windows defender was outdated )

I use Norton

crimsontide06
11-24-2017, 05:12 PM

Supernova
11-24-2017, 05:15 PM
Thats it : JSCoinminer

Our brothers are under attack - Shall we send in the Rescue Team ?

Simply_Logical
11-27-2017, 01:59 PM
i was wondering why i kept getting that threat message popping up on ummah forum,
the ummah forum seems down now anyway

sovietchild
11-29-2017, 04:56 AM
Hello. Nice forum. How are you?

November
11-29-2017, 03:47 PM
Salaam everyone, anyone know when it might be back up and running I kind of miss it-I cant see any updates on the twitter page or anything its just down and not accessible. Is it because of the virus?

OshirowanenY
11-29-2017, 04:59 PM
ummah.com/forum no more? what are the chances of it ever coming back?

Umm Abed
11-29-2017, 05:41 PM
Hey when did Ummah forum go down??

Havent been on there for a while and now I cant log on.

November
11-29-2017, 08:52 PM
I thought I had posted the last comment on my welcome post- oh well, can I have a cookie please :exhausted ;D

sister herb
11-29-2017, 09:05 PM
Biscuit jar is open:

talibilm
11-30-2017, 01:20 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm Abed
Hey when did Ummah forum go down??

Havent been on there for a while and now I cant log on.
@Simply_Logical

:sl:

Its been almost a week that Ummah is down though such break downs had occurred many times before but not longer more than a day as in my memory.

This time its really serious, it seems. The probable reason in my mind is some one (from some country) had done this (attack) who are dead against ummah since ummah allows comments against them freely without deleting or banning them when ummah is also banned there (in that country) i think. So Islamic sites must be careful and be prepared against such attacks. IMHO , (don't know whether am wrong)

p.s . I know not much about computers i never use any antivirus for many years though pop ups (even the bad ones) have become a norm on my screen which i have managed to live with :omg: (sabr) :D

sovietchild
11-30-2017, 01:33 AM
People get banned on that website from left to right. So, maybe one the banned users is responsible for the attack. But, who knows it could be one of the people who does not like Islam.

- - - Updated - - -

Can we re-edit my post in this website? I can’t seem to find the option on mobile version.

sister herb
11-30-2017, 07:55 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by sovietchild
Can we re-edit my post in this website? I can’t seem to find the option on mobile version.
I am not sure how it goes with the mobile version but in general you can edit your posts when you are full member and that´s when you have made 25 posts.

- - - Updated - - -

format_quote Originally Posted by Grandad

Two, please. I'm on a diet. :p
Maybe we need to make also diet cookies... less fat, no sugar.

November
11-30-2017, 10:12 AM
I am not sure how it goes with the mobile version but in general you can edit your posts when you are full member and that´s when you have made 25 posts.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow so accommodating here-diet cookies too (though couldn't they just be "healthy cookies" am not on a diet just trying to eat better and exercise lol)

On a serious note I am worried the land of Ummah forum might be lost forever (its been almost a week weve been lost without help) so we might have to apply to be granted citizenship of Islamic Board :hmm: Alhamdulillah the citizens on this board are very kind to us poor unfortunate beings so I am sure we will build friendships eventually..i need to branch out rather than only the posts about UF I think.

Grandad
11-30-2017, 12:16 PM
= no thank you! :hmm:..............but there again..........

sister herb
11-30-2017, 06:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by November
Wow so accommodating here-diet cookies too (though couldn't they just be "healthy cookies" am not on a diet just trying to eat better and exercise lol)

On a serious note I am worried the land of Ummah forum might be lost forever (its been almost a week weve been lost without help) so we might have to apply to be granted citizenship of Islamic Board :hmm: Alhamdulillah the citizens on this board are very kind to us poor unfortunate beings so I am sure we will build friendships eventually..i need to branch out rather than only the posts about UF I think.
Well, be patient. Damages might be serious after virus but surely the Ummah will rise again. We will make dua for your safe return back to home (but of course we hope you don´t forget us and visit here sometimes).

November
12-01-2017, 10:02 AM
Well, be patient. Damages might be serious after virus but surely the Ummah will rise again. We will make dua for your safe return back to home (but of course we hope you don´t forget us and visit here sometimes).
Yeah the damages must have been quite serious i've never see a site down for this long.

ayman2
12-01-2017, 01:54 PM
No update on twitter ummah account either!

Noobzz
12-01-2017, 02:31 PM
i have come to cleanse this forum of its evil like i did on UF

sister herb
12-01-2017, 02:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Noobzz
There is nothing wrong with some cleaning. You can borrow my bucket.

The dust IS evil.

imran1976
12-01-2017, 04:01 PM

The dust IS evil.
How you know that he is good at wiping floor?

- - - Updated - - -

format_quote Originally Posted by Noobzz
Chal shazaday! Pick up the jharu ;D

sister herb
12-01-2017, 04:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by imran1976
How you know that he is good at wiping floor?

He just told he wants to clean here. Being kind I of course offered to help him. ;D

AabiruSabeel
12-02-2017, 05:17 PM
It looks like the Ummah forum is back now. Apparently, it wasn't the virus that brought it down, it was frozen backup process.

FYI info reason why it was down last few days some backup processed hung and took the server down

Wasn't down to virus or anything

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...=1#post7504367
All UF members who came here during the last few days, we would really appreciate if they choose to stay as active members here as well.

Umm Abed
12-03-2017, 04:55 AM
Ok there is the answer, UF is back on but members can continue to be on both forums. Stay active.

Nightstart
12-03-2017, 02:25 PM

The dust IS evil.
Yes, he is BIG on specially dusting. :)

Supernova
12-03-2017, 04:42 PM
Ok there is the answer, UF is back on but members can continue to be on both forums. Stay active.
Its down again

Umm Abed
12-03-2017, 08:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Supernova
Its down again
Too bad :/

I dont know whats happening.

Supernova
12-04-2017, 11:49 AM
Too bad :/

I dont know whats happening.
Its up again Total new look !!!

Supernova
12-04-2017, 05:07 PM
Tried Ummah Forum today:
UPDATE
Page loaded with no Virus
New Look to entire Scene

Navigation halted.

AabiruSabeel
12-04-2017, 06:42 PM
They have upgraded to vB5. I thought they were going to use Xenforo.

vB5 is known to have a lot of bugs.

We made the same mistake in 2014, by upgrading the forum to vB5. See these threads from back then:

Server migration and forum upgrade

Server migration and forum upgrade

Forum problems

Then finally we came back to our senses and reverted it back to vB 4.

Reverting back to vBulletin 4

Umm Abed
12-05-2017, 11:10 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Supernova
Its up again Total new look !!!
Ok it wasnt a new look, it was factory settings lol.

Supernova
12-05-2017, 12:09 PM
Ok it wasnt a new look, it was factory settings lol.

oh ok

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.