/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Islam and Sin

wayfinder100
11-24-2017, 03:50 PM
Can Islam help a non muslim remove the burden of guilt caused by sin?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
*charisma*
11-24-2017, 04:07 PM
@wayfinder100 ,

It depends on whether the person is sincere in his repentance and his relationship with Allah.

wayfinder100
11-24-2017, 05:08 PM
My friend is a Christian deep faith in God, has sincerely repented and not sinned again but when he prays for forgiveness God has made known to him that he must accept a punishment for his sin and only then will forgiveness come. When he asked God how he should be punished God said in a way that will purify him of sin.
A priest told my friend that God will always forgive and never ever punish when there is sincere repentance. My friend is now confused and struggling with the burden of guilt that has been with him for months and months. He says he believes it is God's will that he be judged and punished and has vowed to submit himself to this but still does not know how. Following further prayer he searched sin and punishment online and found reference in Islam to purification of a person's sin and believes God led him to this. He feels separated from God and wants to obey what he says he knows in his heart is God's will and as Sharia punishments are banned in the UK he is even willing to travel to a Muslim country to seek judgement.

Supernova
11-24-2017, 05:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by wayfinder100
My friend is a Christian deep faith in God, has sincerely repented and not sinned again but when he prays for forgiveness God has made known to him that he must accept a punishment for his sin and only then will forgiveness come. When he asked God how he should be punished God said in a way that will purify him of sin.
A priest told my friend that God will always forgive and never ever punish when there is sincere repentance. My friend is now confused and struggling with the burden of guilt that has been with him for months and months. He says he believes it is God's will that he be judged and punished and has vowed to submit himself to this but still does not know how. Following further prayer he searched sin and punishment online and found reference in Islam to purification of a person's sin and believes God led him to this. He feels separated from God and wants to obey what he says he knows in his heart is God's will and as Sharia punishments are banned in the UK he is even willing to travel to a Muslim country to seek judgement.
Your story is filled with so much utter nonsense - that I have no idea where to start !!!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
M.I.A.
11-24-2017, 05:44 PM
Lol, he should join the army *thumbs up*

Listen, if god has made it clear to him..

Then i suppose all he can do follow the signs..

Until that day that god decides to give him a dig when he isnt looking.

Until then, he has to keep looking.

What a day.

wayfinder100
11-24-2017, 05:57 PM
As I suspected Islam is not the way for him but I told him I would at least ask. I believe that the guilt has made him mentally unbalanced and vulnerable and that he needs counselling and I pray he finds peace with God. This discussion ends here.

*charisma*
11-24-2017, 06:28 PM
Why doesn't your friend join here and have him ask the questions? Punishments in Islam is not generalized as "Sharia Law."
There are different types of punishments for different types of sins, and not every sin is physically punishable, nor can Sharia Law be in effect if it is not practiced in the land.

Insaanah
11-24-2017, 06:30 PM
Wayfinder100,
Welcome to the forum.
In Islam, if a Muslim is sincerely sorry, tries his best not to repeat the sin, and seeks forgiveness from Allah, and follows it up with doing good deeds, Allah is forgiving and merciful. Islam doesn’t sanction that people should go seeking punishment. He does not need to tell others of his sin. And when a non Muslim becomes Muslim, all his previous sins are wiped out and he starts with a clean slate. Also worth noting, sin is not a state in Islam as it in Christianity. In Islam, sin is something we might incur on doing a bad deed.
Originally posted by Futuwwa
The notion of sin being some objective reality, a metaphysical condition a person can be in, is uniquely Christian. In Islam, it isn't. It's just a concept used to describe violation of God's commandments. It's not a state of being.
- - - Updated - - -

M.I.A.
11-24-2017, 07:25 PM
As I suspected Islam is not the way for him but I told him I would at least ask. I believe that the guilt has made him mentally unbalanced and vulnerable and that he needs counselling and I pray he finds peace with God. This discussion ends here.
Maybe he should ask about islam himself..

My past has put a lot of people near me that had no right to the authority given to them.

Its a learning experience, i hope they fall off insha allah.

For every beginning their is an end.

..although the middle is just being comfortable in what you made.

..tell him to keep better friends.

Ones that bring out his better qualities..

Em..

Character.

greenhill
11-25-2017, 04:00 AM
This is where we often deviate. This has nothing directly to do with our own destiny but of others. It is not a question that would directly impact our own practice.

This is a question about others. For this we must first surrender the outcome to Allah and have no conclusions of our own. Plenty of stories related by our prophet about people destined for heaven which shows reasoning and logic or explanations beyond our expectations, either by its simplistic state or whatever. We can't even begin to judge.

But in my attempt to answer I will have to refer to the 'entry' requirement. That is to believe in Him.

Who is HE?

There are plenty around that have been placed as though these 'replacements' are the true god. Each of these gods will have their characteristics as defined by their practice. The people of the Books are slightly different because the Books describes Allah (a slight exception with Christianity).

As far as I can understand, the Shahada is the key. Why? Because it is from there that we follow the 'proper' guideline to serving Him. Without that guideline (the concept of jihad (not as understood by the West)) that we do things in His cause. If it is not done in His cause then it counts for nothing. We eat without saying 'bismillah' we only get full but there is no blessing to what we eat... make sense?

So in my humble opinion, our prayer for the non muslim is to ask Allah to grant him hidayah so that the person may get redemption. Allah is most Forgiving. But we must turn to Him.

:peace:

AbdurRahman.
11-25-2017, 01:24 PM
Hey brother, all he has to do is convert to Islam and ALL his past sins will be forgiven

Islam has abrogated previously revealed religions and also there is the matter of Christianity being distorted too so the feeling of burden of sins which he has indicates he is not being forgiven

In Islam he will be forgiven and also the harmful effects of sin is removed from the body so a person feels at peace again

Tell him to give Islam a try

talibilm
11-25-2017, 02:36 PM
Allah The Creator is all powerful to forgive sins of people if he wants to. If we have harmed humans we have to seek forgiveness from them too. But the biggest Sin of all is to remain an unbeliever (non Muslim)

If one enters Islam SINCERELY Allah forgives all his past sins.

wayfinder100
11-25-2017, 05:17 PM
Thank you for your posts

- - - Updated - - -

I cannot discuss further in case my concerns over certain aspects of your faith are considered by some members of your religion to offend and everyone knows what happens to anyone who, even inadvertently, deemed to offend.

talibilm
11-26-2017, 11:50 AM
Thank you for your posts

- - - Updated - - -

I cannot discuss further in case my concerns over certain aspects of your faith are considered by some members of your religion to offend and everyone knows what happens to anyone who, even inadvertently, deemed to offend.
Hi friend,

i do not think so , but you should discuss further to remove your misconceptions. This is a forum so some may have different views, so take it easy.

Any sincere question is welcome .

And we will try our best . Inshallah (God Willingly)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.