/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Sleeping Problems/Nightmares

Sahmed12
11-27-2017, 09:53 PM
So I have recently been getting really scary nightmares that include possessions. I have read the dua for sleeping and also ayatul kursi but these dreams still occur?! It's getting to the point in which I am scared there is something wrong. Do you recommend any other duas or surahs?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ümit
11-29-2017, 10:47 AM
Sura An-Nas
Sura Al-Falaq
Sura Al-Fatiha
Sura Al-Ikhlas
Sura Ayatul kursi

Umm Malik
11-29-2017, 01:27 PM
what is prescribed for the one who sees something that upsets him in his dream is to seek refuge with Allah from the accursed Shaytaan and the evil of what he has seen, to spit dryly to his left three times, and to turn over onto the other side, and not to tell anyone about that. If he sees that again in his dream, then he should get up, spit dryly to his left three times, seek refuge with Allah from its evil and from the evil of what he has seen and from the evil of the Shaytaan, remember Allah, and do wudoo’ and pray, to rid himself of that dream in which he saw something that upset him. That is because the Shaytaan may take on a form that upsets him and fill him with worry and distress. Allah, may He be blessed and exalted, has told us of how the Shaytaan loves to upset people, as He says (interpretation of the meaning): “Secret counsels (conspiracies) are only from Shaytan (Satan), in order that he may cause grief to the believers” [al-Mujaadilah 58:10]. This indicates that the Shaytaan is keen to do anything that may cause grief to people, make them anxious and fill them with worry and distress.

Supernova
11-29-2017, 05:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sahmed12
So I have recently been getting really scary nightmares that include possessions. I have read the dua for sleeping and also ayatul kursi but these dreams still occur?! It's getting to the point in which I am scared there is something wrong. Do you recommend any other duas or surahs?
Asalaamualaykum.

Firstly - please take @umie advice.

To add to that - regarding bad dreams, I have noticed that there is another issue that is commonly regarded a taboo topic to discuss yet very important.

InshAllah all readers consider this:

Before going to bed please change your underwear. Especially your (panty for girls and briefs for boys). We are very neglectful that it is a fact that when one passes gas (farts) particles of your faeces eject out of the rectum into the inside of your panty/brief. Multiply this buy many times in a day and you have a partially soiled panty/brief in the end of day.

The sad thing about this many Muslims are neglectful about this physical cleanliness and sleep in that state.

It is a well known fact and undisputed that Jinn are attracted to Najasat. Can you imagine what a target a person will be if they sleeping with faeces stuck and soiled in their panty or brief.

It amazes me that with babies we as the ummah carry spare nappies on our travels and basically everywhere out of the very humane issue of cleanliness. As we become adults ( and this is where we are supposed to be even more adhering) we actually become less adhering to remaining clean.

Also please ensure that before you sleep - make wudhu.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
sister herb
11-30-2017, 08:24 AM
Have you a lot of stress, sadness or unsolved problems in your life? When we are thinking and wondering too much during the day, they may come as nightmares to our dreams at the night. Try to solve your problems (if you have them) so then you can go to sleep with peaceful mind.

mrafiq39
05-09-2018, 09:59 AM
Salams
I have not slept for almost 10 months straight. I have seen many doctors and phychiatrists but no one can diagnose my condition. I felt my sleep go away along with my apetite last year in august. since then my life has been turned upside down. I just cannot enjoy life anymore and I'm always thinking about my past life and my sins which is why I may have been subjected to this condition by allah swt.
if anyone has any remedies for me please share

eesa the kiwi
05-09-2018, 06:21 PM
Have you tried chamomile tea

Zzz_
05-09-2018, 08:11 PM
If this is something that came on suddenly then it may be a sign of sihr/hasad. Sudden changes usually have those things involved.

If not, then it may have to do with your routine and habits before going to bed. I could barely get enough sleep myself, twisting and turning throughout the nights but with a little research and testing, i'm doing pretty good now.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.