/* */

PDA

View Full Version : PAKISTAN problems

M.I.A.
11-27-2017, 11:08 PM
Those of you who have ties to pakistan or an interest in the region, may have noticed whats going on at present.

The elections reform bill 2017 proposed changing the wording in the below document, from "i believe" to "i solemnly swear"

https://en.dailypakistan.com.pk/paki...controversial/

And this has lead to a lot of unrest within the country and its population.

So i have to ask, what would have been the significance of the change?

I personally think the change in wording is insignificant.. and the matter further highlights the divisions within pakistan..

Although the solution to the problem is often called progress.

..at first is was offended, but now i think pakistanis have a hard time understanding english..

Feel free to comment.

..missed this the first time..

"The bill, ratified by President Mamnoon Hussain, contains a controversial clause that allows politicians disqualified from holding public office to lead political parties."

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
imran1976
11-28-2017, 11:29 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by M.I.A.
Those of you who have ties to pakistan or an interest in the region, may have noticed whats going on at present.

The elections reform bill 2017 proposed changing the wording in the below document, from "i believe" to "i solemnly swear"

https://en.dailypakistan.com.pk/paki...controversial/

And this has lead to a lot of unrest within the country and its population.

So i have to ask, what would have been the significance of the change?

I personally think the change in wording is insignificant.. and the matter further highlights the divisions within pakistan..

Although the solution to the problem is often called progress.

..at first is was offended, but now i think pakistanis have a hard time understanding english..

Feel free to comment.

..missed this the first time..

"The bill, ratified by President Mamnoon Hussain, contains a controversial clause that allows politicians disqualified from holding public office to lead political parties."
Pakistanis don't have hard time understanding english,
it's you who is having hard time understanding the issue.

The qadiyani issue is a settled one -- time and again there's an attempt to some how accommodate them through technicalities. we don't wan't want qadiyanis to sneak in and occupy seats in parliament.

the wordings have legal implications -- you can't be tried in courts with the words "i believe" - and it wasn't just change of words, some clauses were also deleted.
This was a good show to remind the secular/liberal class that they will not go away easily with these attempts --- Now anybody in future will think 100 times before trying to make another attempt.

M.I.A.
11-28-2017, 01:51 PM
Attachment 6330

...the qadiyani are still mentioned.

You really are ignorant lol.

"the wordings have legal implications -- you can't be tried in courts with the words "i believe""

So it should be changed then? ..so people can be tried in court o_0

Maybe pakistan really does have a problem.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.