/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Always washing my hands

Ssajjad
11-30-2017, 10:41 AM
Hello , I am 19 year old male, and I in recent years I have developed several habits , I always wash my hands, anything I touch I wash my hands , anything that is not mine or not guranteed to be clean, like even after when I do sujood in masjid , I wash my hands with soap, or use hand sanitizer , is this evil, sin ? Because I always worry my hands are dirty , and sometimes even when I shake hand with my friends , some are playing cricket , and after that I go to the court and give Salam to them , I don’t touch my phone until I wash my hands, idk what is this , but is this sin, I also wash hands after touching my shoes , after tying my shoelaces , even after touching the carpet of namaz, what can I do

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ardianto
11-30-2017, 04:35 PM
Assalamualaikum.

Feeling that always want to wash hands is common symptom of obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD), which you always feel excessive worry that something bad will happen to you. This is not sin.

There are few factors that can be cause of OCD, which one of these is low self confidence. I have read your another thread and seem like you indeed have low self confidence. So what you should do is try to raise your self confidence.

Karl
11-30-2017, 10:10 PM
This is bad because your body is always secreting a protective oil. Too much washing with soap will damage your skin like being in sea water for long periods of time. Too much hygiene can lower immunity also.

Ssajjad
12-01-2017, 11:28 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
Assalamualaikum.

Feeling that always want to wash hands is common symptom of obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD), which you always feel excessive worry that something bad will happen to you. This is not sin.

There are few factors that can be cause of OCD, which one of these is low self confidence. I have read your another thread and seem like you indeed have low self confidence. So what you should do is try to raise your self confidence.
Thanks so much , yes I will get better , thanks for the advise[emoji4]

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ssajjad
12-01-2017, 11:29 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Karl
This is bad because your body is always secreting a protective oil. Too much washing with soap will damage your skin like being in sea water for long periods of time. Too much hygiene can lower immunity also.
Thanks for the info , [emoji4]

Umm Abed
12-03-2017, 05:14 AM
So, have you stopped the excessive washing?

Yes this is compulsive washing and there is no need to. Sometimes if you feel the need to, a quick rinse will do. No scrubbing, no soap. Too much washing is not good it will dry out your skin, as well as wasting water. Meanwhile, moisturize your hands with lotion or cream regularly.

Ssajjad
12-07-2017, 12:48 PM
Thanks for suggestion

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.