/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Fear not

Berlian22
11-30-2017, 12:58 PM
As salaamu alaikom to all the fine members of this site.. :)

To begin with, I'd like to share my problem so people with generous heart can suggest some useful and appropriate supplications and pieces of advice to what I'm going through.

I've been having many phobias lately and it affects my mental health. I have aerophobia (fear of flights), agoraphobia (fear of close spaces), fear of crowded places and fear of heights. Astagfirullah. I couldn't even watch movies in cinemas without having panic attack. In 5 days from now, I will be flying to other country to see my family and I can't stop thinking about it. It gives me headache, dizziness and sleepless nights. Just thinking about it makes me wanna throw up, my heart beats faster and I feel suffocated. It's not my first time to ride a plane but every time, it feels like my first.

I shared my story to my siblings and friends but instead of giving me pieces of advice, they bullied me of my condition. My anxiety makes me feel abnormal.

I was googling for supplications for anxiety and it lead me to this site so I took the courage to share it and see for a feedback. Like what most people are, I also want to live a normal life and live life to the fullest with Allah's guidance.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
sovietchild
12-01-2017, 05:24 AM
Well, the opposite of anxiety is patience and confidence. The question is how to be more confident and patient. One of the ways you can build confidence is by going to the gym for example, and to build more patience I would say reading books. Do you read books, if so how much? How much do you walk a day?

Umm Abed
12-03-2017, 05:03 AM
Wa alaikum salam

Im sorry that you are going through this, its not easy. Read Hasbunallahu wa ni'mal wakeel, abundantly. Quit the cinemas, it has no benefits. Also try homeopathy, it should help, insha'allah.

Umm Malik
12-04-2017, 06:39 PM
Look if you listen to music or watching movies as you told us try to avoid that because it's also increase this feeling
also try to travel in the morning because in my experience this fearing decrease in the morning
recite adkar because panic attacks is something which shaytan do for you ... so be strong and say a lot of aouthou billahi mina shaytan rajeem
You may have "mass" مس or you did read about sihr
if you did so, or you still doing it stop and do rukya
say LA ilaha illa lah wahdahu LA shareeka lah lahu lmulku WA lahu lhamdu WA huwwa Ala kulli shay'in kadeer 100 time at the morning
Fulfill your prayers
try to watch 3rd video about flying
it's also can help
Ask Allah in your sujoud
and when this thinking comes to your mind say to yourself :
what's the worst thing could happen ???
getting panic attacks ???
it's a lie feeling and you can attack it by closing your eyes and saying aouthou billahi mina shaytanI rajeem and don't open them tI'll this feeling go out
and I am sure if you say your adkar soon you will forget about panic attacks because they will go away
I mean panics and phobias
recite alikhlas and alfalak and Annas 3 times in the morning and evening
it will go away because it just from shaytan
as long as your iman get strong you will attack this feeling easily till you get ride of it inshallah
If you can recite surat albakarah it will be very strong especially the day before you travel
so helpful

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Eric H
12-10-2017, 09:37 AM
Greetings and peace be with you Berlian22; and welcome to the forum,

Fear is self generating, you believe you have all these fears, because you tell yourself you are afraid, and then you will be afraid.

My strategy for overcoming fear is this, I tell myself, I would rather be killed in a plane crash, than live in fear of being killed in a plane crash. I have always had a fear of being in a crash, but it never causes me worry, when the time comes to fly, I just go.

For the last ten years I have been going out on the streets until around 4 am as a volunteer, we try and bring a little peace and sanity on our streets. I should live in fear of being hit, or being in the middle of a load of angry drunks who are fighting. All I can say is that I have walked in the middle of loads of fights, and peace somehow happens.

I would rather be hit than live in fear of being hit, and living this belief through prayer has helped me overcome fear, always one day at a time. The way to overcome your fears is to confront them head on, when you have to fly just go. When you are not flying, then do not think about flying, why do you have to worry, your feet are firmly on the ground.

Place all your worries with Allah, he is a God of great power.
Blessings
Eric

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.