/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is it haram or bad to wear all red shoes?

Stoic
12-05-2017, 11:36 PM
Shoes is all red. No other color white streak or anything

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Umm Abed
12-06-2017, 06:49 AM
Its shoes, so no problem.

Supernova
12-06-2017, 04:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Stoic
Shoes is all red. No other color white streak or anything
Very interesting Stotic

The ruling pertains to the clothing be predominantly red. As far as I know this is for clothing. I haven't read anything regarding shoes.

If you clothing has red but very little red that's acceptable.

Abu-Abdullah
12-06-2017, 04:52 PM
Stoic, if you're boy, fine!

If you're girl, than shoes shouldn't be so outstanding?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
'Abd-al Latif
12-06-2017, 04:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abu-Abdullah
Stoic, if you're boy, fine!

If you're girl, than shoes shouldn't be so outstanding?
Girls should wear inadequate shoes? Erm, what?

Abu-Abdullah
12-06-2017, 05:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by 'Abd-al Latif
Girls should wear inadequate shoes? Erm, what?
Wouldn't red colour be too bright for a girl/woman thus eye catching to the men?

- - - Updated - - -

This is about burka but it should apply to all outer clothing

In principle, it is permissible for a woman to wear a burqa with fancy embroidery. However, nowadays due to the fear of fitna she should only do so in front of other women or her mehrams. If she has to be out in public, it is highly recommended to wear a burqa without bright colors and fancy embroidery as that may attract the gaze and attention of non-mehram males.

And Allah knows best
Wassalamu Alaikum
Ml. Asif Umar,
Student Darul Iftaa
Checked and Approved by:
Mufti Ebrahim Desai
Darul Iftaa, Madrassah In'aamiyyah

http://www.askimam.org/public/question_detail/18055

'Abd-al Latif
12-06-2017, 06:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abu-Abdullah
Wouldn't red colour be too bright for a girl/woman thus eye catching to the men?

- - - Updated - - -

This is about burka but it should apply to all outer clothing

In principle, it is permissible for a woman to wear a burqa with fancy embroidery. However, nowadays due to the fear of fitna she should only do so in front of other women or her mehrams. If she has to be out in public, it is highly recommended to wear a burqa without bright colors and fancy embroidery as that may attract the gaze and attention of non-mehram males.

And Allah knows best
Wassalamu Alaikum
Ml. Asif Umar,
Student Darul Iftaa
Checked and Approved by:
Mufti Ebrahim Desai
Darul Iftaa, Madrassah In'aamiyyah

http://www.askimam.org/public/question_detail/18055

You used the word 'outstanding' which suggested women shouldn't wear nice clothes. I think you meant eye-catching (which in itself is actually quite subjective). The issue at hand isn't whether or not women should wear red clothing (clothing includes footwear) but whether or not wearing red is permissible.

Here is the ruling on red clothes https://islamqa.info/en/8341

Abu-Abdullah
12-06-2017, 06:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by 'Abd-al Latif
You used the word 'outstanding' which suggested women shouldn't wear nice clothes. I think you meant eye-catching (which in itself is actually quite subjective). The issue at hand isn't whether or not women should wear red clothing (clothing includes footwear) but whether or not wearing red is permissible.

Here is the ruling on red clothes https://islamqa.info/en/8341
Yeah jzk for that word, my vocabulary is lacking

Wow didn't have a clue all red for men was impermissible, gotta chuck away my red clothes now

Stoic
12-06-2017, 07:45 PM
So I can? And how bout my red shirt?

Abu-Abdullah
12-06-2017, 09:18 PM
I'm afraid you cannot:

It is permissible to wear red clothes if the red is combined with another colour; it is not permissible to wear plain red, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) forbade doing so.

https://islamqa.info/en/8341

Umm Abed
12-07-2017, 07:07 PM
Break the colour - wear a white waist-coat over.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!