/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Driving tips

Supernova
12-08-2017, 11:23 AM
Asalaamualaykum,

Please drop all Driving Tips here for one and all.

Also, you can write something that happened to you whilst driving, so we all can take a reminder and lesson.

Whilst driving today, A Hijabi was waiting to come out of a side road into my lane and no one was giving way. I gave her way and as she turned , for some strange reason she felt the need to wave and thank me whilst turning and looking my way !!! Leaving only one hand controlling the wheel with no frontal vision.

She banged into a car parked on the opposite side.

Reminder - Whilst it is polite to thank people on the Road, it has to be done safely. There is no point thanking one driver at the cost of creating a risk to yourself & others.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ümit
12-08-2017, 11:37 AM
here is one tip for everyone who needs to drive while they are drunk:

Drive with one eye closed, because no matter how drunk you are, you cannot see things double if you look at it with only one eye.

Seeing double is due the incapability of the drunk brain to fuse the information of every eye into one picture. so, if you only have information from 1 eye, there is nothing to fuse.

no need to thank me. ;D

Grandad
12-08-2017, 02:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by umie
here is one tip for everyone who needs to drive while they are drunk:

Drive with one eye closed, because no matter how drunk you are, you cannot see things double if you look at it with only one eye.

Seeing double is due the incapability of the drunk brain to fuse the information of every eye into one picture. so, if you only have information from 1 eye, there is nothing to fuse.

no need to thank me. ;D
What if a body is too drunk to decide which eye to close? :heated:

sister herb
12-08-2017, 10:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Grandad
What if a body is too drunk to decide which eye to close? :heated:
Then better to close the both eyes.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Grandad
12-09-2017, 07:54 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister herb
Then better to close the both eyes.
Oh I do...especially when my wife is driving :o

eesa the kiwi
12-09-2017, 09:45 AM
There's a joke "I want to die peacefully like my granddad did in his sleep, not screaming like the passengers in his car"

*disclaimer not ib's grandad

- - - Updated - - -

format_quote Originally Posted by Grandad
Oh I do...especially when my wife is driving :o
Can I have a werthers original

Grandad
12-09-2017, 09:53 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by eesa the kiwi
There's a joke "I want to die peacefully like my granddad did in his sleep, not screaming like the passengers in his car"

*disclaimer not ib's grandad

- - - Updated - - -

Can I have a werthers original
ROFL.......As for the werthers??+o(

Supernova
12-09-2017, 11:33 AM
I never knew this until late - there is a widened rear view mirror that's Convex.

It even covers your blind spots.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.