/* */

PDA

View Full Version : My first friday jummah prayer along with fellow brothers!!

Scottish Celt
12-08-2017, 08:35 PM
Since ive reverted to Islam in April 2017,i have been doing Salah alone in my home,today I got chatting to a local shop keeper who knows I'm new to Islam & has asked me before to worship upstair in his shop with him along with some of the very small community of local Muslims from my home town,i declined when first asked as I was new & tbh nervous,today he asked again''just come along you will be fine'',so I did..,i felt I was ready Inshallah,the only thing that was holding me back was I cant speak Arabic, just the basics.

It may seem routine to those who are born into the deen but for me it was another big step,and I was so glad I did,... it came so naturally,hearing the Imam speak,i felt a real warm glow after it,infact I recognised a few faces from the small communit, other shop keepers & kebab shop owners,now they know me aswell,such a warm & friendly welcome,as I said,it felt so natural & nerves were gone once I did it!!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
*charisma*
12-08-2017, 09:04 PM
Assalamu alaikum,

That is great to hear mashallah. I actually think the more you are exposed to hearing arabic the easier it will become to speak/pronounce it. Good on you for overcoming your nerves :) May allah make your path towards Him easier ameen.

Scottish Celt
12-08-2017, 09:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by *charisma*
Assalamu alaikum,

That is great to hear mashallah. I actually think the more you are exposed to hearing arabic the easier it will become to speak/pronounce it. Good on you for overcoming your nerves :) May allah make your path towards Him easier ameen.
salam sis,i kid you not,when imam was speaking a recognised some araboc words such as dunya & other Arabic words its just the little bits inbetween lol:D I'm glad this experience did happen as I felt a little lapse & alone in my deen,but I do always use YT Islamic video's to motivate me & read qu'ran at work,this has re-charched me & I'm more than earger now to learn,as ive told to my close circle of friends one you did deep into Islam then you will realise the true meaning of life

*charisma*
12-08-2017, 11:49 PM
May allah bless you with the ability and gift to do umrah and hajj ameen. You will really be in awe :D hopefully you will get more beautiful experiences inshallah. Sometimes i wish i could start over and experience Islam all from the beginning again. There is this special sweetness and clarity about life that you cant get any other way. :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Scottish Celt
12-09-2017, 12:30 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by *charisma*
May allah bless you with the ability and gift to do umrah and hajj ameen. You will really be in awe :D hopefully you will get more beautiful experiences inshallah. Sometimes i wish i could start over and experience Islam all from the beginning again. There is this special sweetness and clarity about life that you cant get any other way. :)
as they would say in Scotland ''oofft'';D

seriously though,that would be the ultimate highlight.

Scimitar
12-09-2017, 05:16 PM
I'm really pleased for you bro!!! :)

iERA run a "New Muslim Class" which is based in London. But they oft organise outside of London too, accomodating those who do not live locally. Do check them out in sh'Allah - www.iera.org

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.