/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is making up jokes ?

Ahmed hisham
12-10-2017, 05:59 PM
All salam alaikum o rahma Allah,
I have been a Muslim for my entire life,but recently I discovered that we do a lot of things that are haram without us knowing,I did some research and I freaked out because I saw that there are a lot of things we do in our daily life
That are haram,which made me thirsty for information about my religion,and the one concerning me is about jokes,it sound silly but its really serious,for example a lot of people make up jokes to make people laugh which is haram because he prophet said that he jokes but only in what he sees true,so does that make it haram?,and does this rule affect novels?because all the novels and TV shows are all not real therefore its not true,so if the writer decides to have a character A make a joke to make B laugh is that haram,and is this rule a sunnah or sharia? If you know then please tell me

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
*charisma*
12-10-2017, 07:12 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

It's great that you are learning more about your deen. If there are things that you did not know before, Allah will not count it against you inshallah because you sinned out of ignorance.

As for what is considered permissible joking, you can read here: https://islamqa.info/en/22170

Reading novels and watching tv is different because you are not the actor or the character. If you're wondering whether it is permissible to read these things, then it depends on the nature of the book or program you are watching. You shouldn't watch nor read anything which lacks morals, insults islam, or glorifies sinful actions or people. It should also be of some benefit to you such as by imparting wisdom or exemplifying good deeds, even if fictional, and it should not be something which you become addicted to or waste time on.

fromelsewhere
12-11-2017, 03:32 AM
Interesting topic. I didn't know that there were also rules with regards to joking.

Hamza Asadullah
12-11-2017, 06:35 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ahmed hisham
All salam alaikum o rahma Allah,
I have been a Muslim for my entire life,but recently I discovered that we do a lot of things that are haram without us knowing,I did some research and I freaked out because I saw that there are a lot of things we do in our daily life
That are haram,which made me thirsty for information about my religion,and the one concerning me is about jokes,it sound silly but its really serious,for example a lot of people make up jokes to make people laugh which is haram because he prophet said that he jokes but only in what he sees true,so does that make it haram?,and does this rule affect novels?because all the novels and TV shows are all not real therefore its not true,so if the writer decides to have a character A make a joke to make B laugh is that haram,and is this rule a sunnah or sharia? If you know then please tell me
:sl:

I hope the following thread helps:

Conditions of permissible joking / Humour

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.