/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is islam the only thing that matters?

yes.i.am.muslim
12-15-2017, 08:44 PM
Islam is my whole life. I feel as if this life is but a mere test and that it is completely irrelevant to our real life (jannah) Anyway my parents keep telling me that I should get a degree/ find a job but all these don't really matter to me. What matters to me is the eternal life after this one..jannah. jannah awaits me, and all that matters in life is being a a good muslim

- - - Updated - - -

Edit: sunni muslim. Sunni islam is the one true branch of islam

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
sovietchild
12-15-2017, 10:50 PM
More you read more you know, right? The closest rank to Allah is knowledge.

sister herb
12-15-2017, 11:11 PM
If you have a degree and a job, you may can help others and by this way being a good Muslim. Having a job may not means much to you but also good Muslims have to eat and shopkeepers want those papers what people call as money.

yes.i.am.muslim
12-16-2017, 11:26 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister herb
If you have a degree and a job, you may can help others and by this way being a good Muslim. Having a job may not means much to you but also good Muslims have to eat and shopkeepers want those papers what people call as money.
Islam is the only thing that matters to me in life

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
czgibson
12-16-2017, 02:38 PM
Greetings,

format_quote Originally Posted by yes.i.am.muslim
Anyway my parents keep telling me that I should get a degree/ find a job but all these don't really matter to me.
Sounds like someone's looking for an excuse to be lazy.

Peace

sister herb
12-16-2017, 03:50 PM
So then, why don´t you go to study Islam? You seem to be quite young (as you have parents whose take care about your future) but at one day you have to think where to get money for food and rent.

yes.i.am.muslim
12-16-2017, 04:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by czgibson
Greetings,

Sounds like someone's looking for an excuse to be lazy.

Peace
Akhee, any work that is not for the sake of allah is futile. The prophet (pbuh) said that the best generation was his generation, then comes the one after it, then the other one after it, etc. While not haram, the way muslims live today is not ideal.

Peace ~ i.am.muslim

- - - Updated - - -

format_quote Originally Posted by sister herb
So then, why don´t you go to study Islam? You seem to be quite young (as you have parents whose take care about your future) but at one day you have to think where to get money for food and rent.
sister...
I don't need money for food.. the quran is my bread
I don't need money for rent.. jannah is my house

Scimitar
12-16-2017, 04:12 PM
Islam itself is submission to the will of Allah.

You remind me of the story of a priest.

He used to be a priest of a church which was positioned in a valley near a river.

One day, the NEWS warned the inhabitants of that valley that a storm was coming and the valley would flood. The warning was such that the inhabitants left the valley and went to safety... but the Priest stayed. "My God will save me" he said. Such was his imaan.

At first, the emergency service vehicles were in town, helping to take those who were unable to move, to safety. One reched the chruch and informed the priest "we're here to save you Priest" - but the Priest just stared back and said "My God will save me". When the flood waters had reached the first story of the houses, the priest climbed to the roof of the church and looked at the clouds. He was expecting to be miraculously saved. After his neck started to hurt, from looking up all that time, he looked out across the valley. The flood waters had swamped the houses, and he could see police rescue boats taking those who were too old to leave. One boat reached him, "Priest, we're here to save you" but the Priest stared back and pointed to the sky, saying "My God will save me". The left boats left, as the waters were now rising violently in the valley.

Within minutes the water level had risen so high that now, the entire town in the valley had disappeared and the Priest was now clinging to the Spire of his Church, his faith unshaken. He was looking up at the clouds, firm in his faith, waiting for God to save him, when he heard the sound of an helicopter. He stared on, and as he watched, an helicopter broke through the clouds, and a ladder was lowered to the Spire the Priest was clinging to. A voice from a powerful speaker on the helicopter spoke "Priest, we don't have much time, the storm is too violent, grab the ladder and we'll bring you up". But the Priest was defiant "My God will save me". The rescue helicopter crew tried to reason with him but he did not listen, and the helicopter had no choice but to leave as the storm was risking the lives of the helicopter rescue crew.

The flood waters rose above the spire, and the Priest was drowned.

A few days later the Priest of a nearby town which was on higher ground than the valley, had a dream. In his dream the Priest was shown the conversation of the dead priest with God.

"Why are you here, Priest?" asked God.
"because you left me to die, God"
"Priest, are you blind and deaf I sent you rescue vehicles, boats and even a helicopter, and you expected miracles! You're dead because you couldn't understand that faith was only reciprocated when all other options had failed to manifest. You are thus, dead and will be judged like any other human. You will be found to be in want and your place shall be the hellfire, you foolish man"

And so it was, the Priest from the neighbouring town awoke with this dream fresh in his mind and heart, and understood that which his friend, the other priest never could.

Faith is never blind.

Now I ask you - why do you invest so much in a blind faith yourself? Don't be so foolish, young one. Islam commands that you be a part of this world. We are not monks, we are Muslims, we bring light to humanity with out interaction with them, we are supposed to be the best examples of humanity, so be that example by living in this Dunya but remember the Akhirah often, you are a representative of Islam. Not a secluded monk of Christianity. Remember this!

yes.i.am.muslim
12-16-2017, 04:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar
Islam itself is submission to the will of Allah.

You remind me of the story of a priest.

He used to be a priest of a church which was positioned in a valley near a river.

One day, the NEWS warned the inhabitants of that valley that a storm was coming and the valley would flood. The warning was such that the inhabitants left the valley and went to safety... but the Priest stayed. "My God will save me" he said. Such was his imaan.

At first, the emergency service vehicles were in town, helping to take those who were unable to move, to safety. One reched the chruch and informed the priest "we're here to save you Priest" - but the Priest just stared back and said "My God will save me". When the flood waters had reached the first story of the houses, the priest climbed to the roof of the church and looked at the clouds. He was expecting to be miraculously saved. After his neck started to hurt, from looking up all that time, he looked out across the valley. The flood waters had swamped the houses, and he could see police rescue boats taking those who were too old to leave. One boat reached him, "Priest, we're here to save you" but the Priest stared back and pointed to the sky, saying "My God will save me". The left boats left, as the waters were now rising violently in the valley.

Within minutes the water level had risen so high that now, the entire town in the valley had disappeared and the Priest was now clinging to the Spire of his Church, his faith unshaken. He was looking up at the clouds, firm in his faith, waiting for God to save him, when he heard the sound of an helicopter. He stared on, and as he watched, an helicopter broke through the clouds, and a ladder was lowered to the Spire the Priest was clinging to. A voice from a powerful speaker on the helicopter spoke "Priest, we don't have much time, the storm is too violent, grab the ladder and we'll bring you up". But the Priest was defiant "My God will save me". The rescue helicopter crew tried to reason with him but he did not listen, and the helicopter had no choice but to leave as the storm was risking the lives of the helicopter rescue crew.

The flood waters rose above the spire, and the Priest was drowned.

A few days later the Priest of a nearby town which was on higher ground than the valley, had a dream. In his dream the Priest was shown the conversation of the dead priest with God.

"Why are you here, Priest?" asked God.
"because you left me to die, God"
"Priest, are you blind and deaf I sent you rescue vehicles, boats and even a helicopter, and you expected miracles! You're dead because you couldn't understand that faith was only reciprocated when all other options had failed to manifest. You are thus, dead and will be judged like any other human. You will be found to be in want and your place shall be the hellfire, you foolish man"

And so it was, the Priest from the neighbouring town awoke with this dream fresh in his mind and heart, and understood that which his friend, the other priest never could.

Faith is never blind.

Now I ask you - why do you invest so much in a blind faith yourself? Don't be so foolish, young one. Islam commands that you be a part of this world. We are not monks, we are Muslims, we bring light to humanity with out interaction with them, we are supposed to be the best examples of humanity, so be that example by living in this Dunya but remember the Akhirah often, you are a representative of Islam. Not a secluded monk of Christianity. Remember this!
Mashallah akhee this is a beautiful story. I will frame it, so i can read it before I sleep, to myself and to my children after me. If allah gives you lemons, make lemonade.
I like how the kafir priest dies in the end, a happy ending i have to say. Mashallah you inspired me, may allah reward you. Jazeika'allah kheir

M.I.A.
12-16-2017, 08:22 PM
Lol reminds me of me..

At a stage in life i turned my back on the path i had been striving towards.

It was a far from perfect path but i thought allah swt would make another way for me once i did so.

Iv struggled through the last 10 years.

Alhamdulillah, you have to be greatful even then..

Because the world is not a game and everything costs money and sacrifice.

You could live on luck and handouts but you would only burden those around you and deprive them of their rights.

The world has no place for idealists, only problem solvers.

..and even the mosques ask for donations.

But nothing's stopping you from living as you like...

And the way you choose to live will always come with a lifestyle.

Also nobody paid me as a shopkeeper and the wage ended up looking like 2fiddy an hour..

With hardship comes ease.

The sea's may part for everyone.. but its unlikely.

Its important to note that money does not buy happiness though,

That is entirely dependant on the quality of your thoughts.

(Not a hook reference)

Unfortunately think twice and your no longer in the moment.. think 3 times and they may not follow you at all..

Alhamdulillah, we hear and we obey, If they can they will..

Not contadictory.. just character defining.

If the customers bring pain then its not even worth 2fiddy.. not even joking.

Thick as a brick here apparently.

And entirely selfish.

Scimitar
12-17-2017, 12:21 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by M.I.A.

That is entirely dependant on the quality of your thoughts.
Spiritual alchemy in one line, I'm impressed :)

Karl
12-17-2017, 12:52 AM
Islam is my whole life. I feel as if this life is but a mere test and that it is completely irrelevant to our real life (jannah) Anyway my parents keep telling me that I should get a degree/ find a job but all these don't really matter to me. What matters to me is the eternal life after this one..jannah. jannah awaits me, and all that matters in life is being a a good muslim

- - - Updated - - -

Edit: sunni muslim. Sunni islam is the one true branch of islam
Maybe you could study and become a Holy man. So you seek knowledge and paradise guaranteed as long as you stay on the good path.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.