/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Laying on Stomach

Reminder
12-31-2017, 04:13 PM
Sleeping on the stomach is forbidden, but what about laying on the stomach when working? For example, I work on my laptop and sometimes feel like laying on my stomach while doing so. Is it haram?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Supernova
12-31-2017, 10:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Reminder
Sleeping on the stomach is forbidden, but what about laying on the stomach when working? For example, I work on my laptop and sometimes feel like laying on my stomach while doing so. Is it haram?

Asalaamualaykum

You question itself has the answer in it. "Sleeping" is not the same as "working on my laptop" - unless you going to claim you can work on the laptop while you are asleep.

Sleeping here means Sleeping as in the state of Sleeping.

fromelsewhere
01-01-2018, 01:59 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Supernova
Asalaamualaykum

You question itself has the answer in it. "Sleeping" is not the same as "working on my laptop" - unless you going to claim you can work on the laptop while you are asleep.

Sleeping here means Sleeping as in the state of Sleeping.
I guess the OP's question is "how about lying on one's belly?" I would think that it is discouraged from my understanding: https://islamqa.org/hanafi/seekersgu...-hanafi/108042

Supernova
01-01-2018, 09:30 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by fromelsewhere
I guess the OP's question is "how about lying on one's belly?" I would think that it is discouraged from my understanding: https://islamqa.org/hanafi/seekersgu...-hanafi/108042
This is partially correct - taking into account he is doing it for work changes things. If you read the answer, it actually permits laying in that position for a massage. If a massage is allowed, it is allowing laying on the belly for therapeutic reasons which the OP is doing. From experience a person cannot manage laying on the belly for too long anyway as the spinal column exaggerates its bend because the position of the nape will hold the head up.

The hadith and issue at hand is laying in that position with no reason and even possibly falling asleep.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
fromelsewhere
01-02-2018, 02:16 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Supernova
This is partially correct - taking into account he is doing it for work changes things.

The hadith and issue at hand is laying in that position with no reason and even possibly falling asleep.
Now the answer to the OP is complete.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.