/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Why don't Muslims eat pork?

99sobi
01-04-2018, 09:18 PM
Pigs are a filthy animal and are carriers of germs that are harmful to the body. This is why Allah has forbidden this many times in the Qur'an:

He has forbidden to you only carrion, and blood, and the flesh of SWINE, and that over which any name other than God's has been invoked (2:173)

FORBIDDEN to you is carrion, and blood, and the flesh of SWINE, and that over which any name other than God's has been invoked (5:3)

It's only allowed in times of necessity, for example if one is dying of starvation and pork is the only available food:

But if any is forced by hunger, with no inclination to transgression, Allah is indeed Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful (5:3)

But if one is forced by necessity, without wilful disobedience, nor transgressing due limits,- then is he guiltless. For Allah is Oft-forgiving Most Merciful. (2:173)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Abz2000
08-08-2018, 10:43 AM
pork is forbidden to eat by Allah :swt: Himself, in the previously revealed Book, and in the latest revealed book, and the benefits of paying heed are more obvious than those of other commands and prohibitions:

The video below is a demonstration of the habit of eating excrement which is quite prevalent amongst pigs:

manofIslam
08-16-2018, 06:05 PM
Allah (SWT) has forbidden us to eat Pork! This is made very clear in The Holy Qur'an.

Ümit
08-17-2018, 06:51 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by manofIslam
Allah (SWT) has forbidden us to eat Pork! This is made very clear in The Holy Qur'an.
We know that...so what is your point?
Or are you saying we should not ask questions about it?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
manofIslam
08-17-2018, 09:39 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by umie
We know that...so what is your point?
Or are you saying we should not ask questions about it?
Sister: I'm just confirming the fact as to why, as Muslims, we can't eat Pork.

Ümit
08-17-2018, 09:53 AM
Yes, that is true...we cannot eat pork...that is certain.

But we can ask why Allah forbade us to eat pork...not to question Allah..estagfirullah...I never doubt Allahs word of course...but just out of curiousity, or to gain knowledge about it...and if we search long enough...we would find enough reasons for it being forbidden.

That is what I'm saying.

manofIslam
08-17-2018, 09:56 AM
Yes, that is true...we cannot eat pork...that is certain.

But we can ask why Allah forbade us to eat pork...not to question Allah..estagfirullah...I never doubt Allahs word of course...but just out of curiousity, or to gain knowledge about it...and if we search long enough...we would find enough reasons for it being forbidden.

That is what I'm saying.
My apologies, sister; I understand what you're saying, now; Jazaka Allah khair.

Ümit
08-17-2018, 09:59 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by manofIslam
My apologies, sister; I understand what you're saying, now; Jazaka Allah khair.
No, I have to apologize...my previous post sounded a little bit arrogant...I am sorry.

manofIslam
08-17-2018, 10:00 AM
No, I have to apologize...my previous post sounded a little bit arrogant...I am sorry.
No; you didn't sound arrogant at all, dear sister!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.