/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Marriage of first cousin once removed

Faizur10
01-09-2018, 03:16 PM
Can we marry my father s brothers sister s daughter for me ?? Can I marry first cousin once removed ??

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Scimitar
01-09-2018, 04:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Faizur10
Can we marry my father s brothers sister s daughter for me ?? Can I marry first cousin once removed ??
that's not once removed.

adyiqbal
01-10-2018, 09:36 AM
Sorry, I didn't understand your question. Plz explain it clearly

Faizur10
01-10-2018, 09:41 AM
Asalamu alikum
My father has a brother ,that brother has daughter, daughter has married and she have a daughter .... Can I marry her ???
In short it come like sister daughter...

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Supernova
01-10-2018, 10:08 AM
Asalamu alikum
My father has a brother ,that brother has daughter, daughter has married and she have a daughter .... Can I marry her ???
​Yes You can marry her.

adyiqbal
01-11-2018, 08:55 AM
Asalamu alikum
Yes, you can marry her. She is not your Mahrram. Even you could marry her with your cousin, she is also non-Mahram for you.

Zzz_
01-14-2018, 06:36 PM
wouldn't your father's brother's sister be also his sister?

that's not your first cousin removed.

your father has a brother, that brother is your uncle.
That brother has a daughter, that daughter is your first cousin (or sister-cousin as you were trying to say).
That daughter has a daughter, that 2nd daughter is your second cousin.

cousins are not mahrams, therefore you can marry your first and/or second cousins.

Haroonomary
01-19-2018, 07:29 AM
? sorry brother I dont understand

adyiqbal
01-19-2018, 09:32 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zzz_
wouldn't your father's brother's sister be also his sister?
What does it mean???

A786
01-20-2018, 07:53 PM

Yes you can marry her even if she is your first cousin

Zzz_
01-20-2018, 08:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by adyiqbal
What does it mean???
exactly what it says lol .

Basically, you have a brother and that brother has a sister. So wouldn't that sister be your sister also?

adyiqbal
01-22-2018, 08:26 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zzz_
exactly what it says lol .

Basically, you have a brother and that brother has a sister. So wouldn't that sister be your sister also?
Lol, if he is my brother then definitely his sister, will also be sister.

Ishaaq
01-23-2018, 10:34 AM
You can marry your cousin legally in Islam, but if there is a history of cousin marriage within your family and not enough expansion of the gene pool you should consider marrying outside of the family. Too much inbreeding is not good and leads to many diseases. My mom works for a couple who have three totally paralyzed kids, because their family interbred so much.

A786
01-24-2018, 11:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ishaaq
You can marry your cousin legally in Islam, but if there is a history of cousin marriage within your family and not enough expansion of the gene pool you should consider marrying outside of the family. Too much inbreeding is not good and leads to many diseases. My mom works for a couple who have three totally paralyzed kids, because their family interbred so much.
That is so sad to hear

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.