/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Doubts in Allah

stilltrying
01-10-2018, 04:20 PM
Hello, I’m trying to believe that there is a greater power out there but I’m struggling.

Why is the world not eternal?
Can’t bacteria have evolved into humans?
Why don’t many people believing in God? Many scientists and people of knowledge don’t. I’m so sad that I believe this. Will Allah ever guide me back? I’ve tried to read the Quran and Hadith but I’m still the same. I don’t want any other religion than Islam. But in order for this to happen I must believe. Why is it so hard? I’ve stopped doing all the stuff I was doing before and wonder if I’ll die like this. Might as well enjoy life since I won’t change back.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
azc
01-10-2018, 08:00 PM
Stay away from atheist and other non Muslims, their books and videos as well. Keep in touch with pious people.

OmAbdullah
01-10-2018, 09:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by stilltrying
Hello, I’m trying to believe that there is a greater power out there but I’m struggling.

Why don’t many people believing in God? Many scientists and people of knowledge don’t. I’m so sad that I believe this. Will Allah ever guide me back? I’ve tried to read the Quran and Hadith but I’m still the same. I don’t want any other religion than Islam. But in order for this to happen I must believe. Why is it so hard? I’ve stopped doing all the stuff I was doing before and wonder if I’ll die like this. Might as well enjoy life since I won’t change back.

In this state of doubt, you cannot be called a Muslim. If people call you Muslim, it will not help you when Allah puts you among kaafirs.

you need Islam and Allah for your prosperity in here and in the Here-After but Allah doesn't need you. So leaving Islam is only your loss.

The scientists of the present era accepted the existence of a Mighty Being Who (according to them) is extremely Wise and Powerful. They have rejected the Darwin's theory and accepted the existence of All-Mighty God. They did this only after they observed the great Wisdom of Allah in the creation of the things. For e.g. they observed the great wisdom inside the human genes and DNA etc. when they showed blocks of proteins and numerous wise commands given for the formation of numerous complicated proteins. So they concluded that all such wise creation cannot be per chance! Rather there is a Highly Wise Creator managing all the affairs of the universe.

Quraan is such a Book that when some none Muslims studied it for the purpose of history, for e.g. writing chapters on different religions in history book, they turned Muslims. If someone studied it for writing information in encyclopedia, he became Muslim. This is because when any person, with any religion, studies the Holy Quraan with neutral mind, he /she has to accept that this book cannot be written by man. His conscience testifies that Quraan is a Self-Witness Book that it is Divine. That is why Allah has sworn by the Holy Quraan that Muhammad salla Allaho alaihi wa Sallam is a true Prophet of All-Mighty God.

In view of the above, I cannot accept that you have read /studied the Holy Quraan with sincere and neutral mind.

stilltrying
01-10-2018, 09:44 PM
I really appreciate your advice. It helps that someone is taking their time to try to explain to me.

How do I make my heart pure? I have this constant feeling where I can’t breathe when I realise that this is what I’ve become. I want to believe so much. I used to pray and recently started reading the Quran with translation before the doubts and my friends and family would ask me for advice on religious matters. I answered some but not all because I didn’t know.

I followed blindly and knew with all my heart that Allah is my lord. I felt like he was my best friend. Know I don’t even think he loves me. It’s like there is this barrier preventing me from seeing his signs. I see the sun and moon and nothing. I see animals and a small spark of hope gets ignited in my heart then it goes. I’m trying so hard but there’s a bit of me who thinks that I’ll never be the same as before. In Sha Allah one day I’ll regain my faith but what if I’m on my death bed and loose my faith? That’s what I meant by enjoying life since I’m doomed already.

I have not studied the Quran but read it. Not all of it. I’ve also started watching Hamza Ztortis I think that’s how you spell it. It helped keep the hope in my heart for a while. I’ve also been watching Muslim to atheist back to Muslim.

My mind is so confused. Some days I’m like Ya Allah help me I need you and there are others where I think of the planet earth and the vast emptiness of space. Where is Allah? How does he see us? This probably doesn’t make sense but I really don’t want to go to hell because I know the true religion is Islam but my heart believes these doubts. These doubts started after I watched this video about Allah and I heard that he is soooo far away. This was the catalyst for my confusion. I know Allah swt is closer to our jugular veins but I just can’t. I have a friend who loves Islam but doesn’t pray on time- so prays all prayers at home. How can I make friends with pious people? Not many young people are into religion these days.

I feel like screaming. No one knows this. Funny thing happened is that my dad said I’m going heaven and my sister is going hell. Also my aunties and uncles sometimes get jealous when I teach them things about Islam. Is there such thing as a black magic to Imaan? I don’t want to die in this state. I long for Jannah! I won’t give up. If Allah is there he will see how much I tried to find my way back to him and he is not unjust.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
talibilm
01-10-2018, 10:35 PM
:sl:

This shows that there is a Greatest Powerful Creator, the Lord who inspite of giving the weakest born man (weaker than a born Lamb, a kangaroo ) and made him strong through his Allah's given excellent intellect but still kept him under his Power by death and disease and more

So why has not Man further involved into some other species for the past 100,000's of Years ? has he atleast grown a tail or some sort of extentions ? :hmm: Nothing happens by itselves when a man with common sense believes that . Soul is not seen but its the essence of Life, So Allah is not seen but all this existence of lives , planets in its orbits without collision , Earth being saved from tons of Cosmic Dust are all the Signs of the Protector of this World , Allah The Creator. Inspite of 10,000 folds of scientific development When Man still can't even solve the puzzle of his own Soul he lives with every day & cant t solve the Mystery of death the billions gone through and millions each and every day , see how ABSURD How he is trying to know who created Allah ?? May Allah forgive us to try things to Know How Allah came into existence its like a 8 year old trying to lift a huge Jumbo Flight. lol.

The Creator and his Creations are just antonyms. So believe The Creations are so called because they are created and the Creator is so called since he does not have a Creator. Certain things are beyond the reach of Human Mind so accept Allah as he praised about Himself from his various Scriptures though All except The Glorious Quran were corrupted but still bear this fact .

You have been put into waswas and trials because I see you were practising earlier and now not

Repent sincerely - taubatun nasuha & Keep trying untill you succeed Inshallah because Allah helps humans in the way he tries http://legacy.quran.com/53/37-40

If you try inshallah in an appointed time of Allah you would guided by his Rahmaa , but TRY and your worry shows that a least bit of eeman is still in you and Allah likes repenters. Do not loose hope on Allah , loosing so is a trait of Shirk.

Ümit
01-11-2018, 02:34 PM

I agree with OmAbdullah that you are in a dangerous state. "trying to believe" means, you are not Muslim yet.

why is the world not eternal?

What do you mean? you want to live on this miserable Earth for all eternity?

About the bacteria...and evolution...
believing in evolution does not mean automatically there is not a Creator. like said, nothing happens on its own.
even when evolution is real, then Allah used the method of evolution to create all life.
Allah may have used the "old design" and redesigned that as the next species..or He continously does that which we experience as evolution.
I believe that evolution was the tool Allah used to create all life.
Humans are made out of clay dust and dirt...when we die...our bodies decompose and become dust and dirt again...it goes back to being a part of Earth...
but then again...so do all animals...they too decompose when they die and their bodies become dust and dirt...
so they also must be made from clay, dust and dirt.

many scientists an people of knowledge are God fearing people. as you may know a lot of knowledge and science like Algebra astronomy and even the western Alphabet come from the Muslim world.

stilltrying
01-11-2018, 06:52 PM
I got the biggest shock when guys said I’m not a Muslim. It hurts my heart so much. I want to be a Muslim. I am one! How can I go about this? Where do start? I’ve been binge watching videos about Islam and from atheist to Islam videos and I’m still the same. I would often wonder how dumb atheists/ agnostics are because there was a God and now I see. Faith is treasure. I see many ex Muslims on the internet and feel disgust. How could they leave this religion? It’s the best religion. I agree that Islam is for me. I know this is going to sound crazy but I would always feel Allahs presence. Not physically but just this feeling that Allah had my back when I would walk in the dark. Now I don’t understand. How does he see us all? Or people in their houses? You guys are lucky. You have a chance to enter Jannah. All my family and friends won’t be with me and I can’t take it! It’s not fair! How can I make Allah make me believe? It’s like when I picture the earth I see no one around because it’s just our world. I’m following all the pillars of Islam except for the first. I’m sorry if I don’t make sense

Ümit
01-12-2018, 08:08 AM
I got the biggest shock when guys said I’m not a Muslim. It hurts my heart so much. I want to be a Muslim. I am one! How can I go about this? Where do start? I’ve been binge watching videos about Islam and from atheist to Islam videos and I’m still the same. I would often wonder how dumb atheists/ agnostics are because there was a God and now I see. Faith is treasure. I see many ex Muslims on the internet and feel disgust. How could they leave this religion? It’s the best religion. I agree that Islam is for me. I know this is going to sound crazy but I would always feel Allahs presence. Not physically but just this feeling that Allah had my back when I would walk in the dark. Now I don’t understand. How does he see us all? Or people in their houses? You guys are lucky. You have a chance to enter Jannah. All my family and friends won’t be with me and I can’t take it! It’s not fair! How can I make Allah make me believe? It’s like when I picture the earth I see no one around because it’s just our world. I’m following all the pillars of Islam except for the first. I’m sorry if I don’t make sense
Sorry, it was not my intention to hurt your feelings. I did not say you were a Muslim or not...I am not the judge of that. I only said you are in a dangerous state...somewhere on the edge...meaning, please be carefull.

you said, you were trying to believe in a greater power out there...this means, you do not believe that yet.
so somewhere in your point of view...there is some information missing or not correct causing you to doubt this.
so ask yourself what the reason for this doubt could be...do the puzzle pieces not fit together? are you misinterpretting something? or maybe you don't understand something?

for example, whether or not I believe something depends on:
does is sound plausible? or highly unlikely?
does the information cover your questions about it?
source where this information comes from can be trusted?
can it be confirmed? if yes, is there a confirmation of it?

if one of these questions can be answered in negative...that would be a reason for me to doubt.

Search
01-12-2018, 09:50 AM
:bism: (In the Name of God, the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful)

:sl: (Peace be upon you)

Dearest Sister:

You are a Muslim, which is why I have greeted you with salaam. However, I do agree with others that you are on a dangerous precipice and need to make the right choices in order to not fall into the abyss of disbelief. So, the thing is that like you I've been undergoing a spiritual crisis, but it is not my habit ever to sit complacent but to introspect as to where I've went wrong in my past thoughts or behavioral pattern. Therefore, before advising you here, I'm advising myself also; that is because the reminder helps and strengthens us as believers. So, please introspect, understand, and InshaAllah (God-willing) subsequently implement what you learn from these 7 points:

1) You are suffering from waswas, Satan's whispers. There are Muslims who pray five times a day, fast, and are the best Muslims they can be, yet every time, for example, they go to do ablution, they'll have the thought that they're a polytheist or some such nonsense. This is a Satan's way of making believer's heart distressed: Therefore, please never listen to or trust waswas. Instead, say to yourself, "Amantu billahi wa rasulihi." The evidence of suffering from some waswas and doing this lays in the following hadith (prophetic tradition):
The Messenger, peace be upon him, said: “The Shaytan may come to any one of you and say, ‘Who created Allah, the Almighty?’ If any one of you experiences this, let him say, ‘‘Amantu billahi wa rasulihi ‘[I believed in Allah, the Almighty, and His Messenger, peace be upon him], and that will drive him away.”(Saheeh al-Jami’ 1657)
To better understand waswas, read the PDF "Combating the Whisperings of Shaytaan."

2) Examine where you might have done that is bad or sinful and correct yourself. For example, my personal spiritual crisis has to do with the fact that I've been making sins here and there, and it seems that they've caught up to me so that I feel like Satan has an easier time overpowering me with waswas. So, I have made a commitment to do istighfar (asking forgiveness of Allah) from now onward at least 100 times a day. There is evidence in prophetic tradition of how sins work to blacken our heart and we must be constantly seeking forgiveness to overcome the blackness that might be covering our hearts as a consequence of our sins:
Abu Huraira reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “Verily, when the servant commits a sin a black spot appears upon his heart. If he abandons the sin, seeks forgiveness, and repents, then his heart will be polished. If he returns to the sin, the blackness will be increased until it overcomes his heart. It is the covering that Allah has mentioned: No, but on their hearts is a covering because of what they have earned.” (83:14) (Sunan al-Tirmidhī 3334)
3) Ask Allah to again grant you closeness and to Him and renew your faith. Every Muslim must do this regardless of whether he is the biggest alim (scholar) in the world or a layperson with almost no knowledge. The evidence for this is the following hadith:
Abdullah ibn Amr reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “Verily, the faith of one of you will diminish just as a shirt becomes worn out, so ask Allah to renew faith in your hearts.” (al-Mustadrak 5)
4) Ask Allah to make you live and die as a Muslim. A lot of people think that faith is a guarantee, especially born Muslims, but it is not. It is a grant. That means that there is always a possibility that today's Muslim might die tomorrow as a non-Muslim and today's non-Muslim might die tomorrow as a Muslim. Therefore, never look down upon any human being regardless of their outward personality as defined by faith. If you have done so, apologize to Allah because so doing is both an act of arrogance and usurping the role of Allah in acting as Judge who also has only committed to judge human beings on Judgment Day. The evidence for asking Allah to make us die a Muslim is in the Qur'an (12:101), specifically Prophet Yusuf alayhis salaam (peace be upon him) supplication:
Creator (of) the heavens and the earth, You (are) my Protector, in the world and the Hereafter. Cause me to die (as) a Muslim, and join me with the righteous.
5) Treat Islam always as the most precious gift, the biggest treasure, the best prize, and the pinnacle of success. If we get a new car or a new house or new clothes or a new job, we take often more care and practice more delicate handling and do our due diligence and commitment required to maintain that worldly possession than iman (faith), which is the best grant anyone of us has ever been granted through no real effort on our own but through bestowal upon us of Allah's Mercy. So, it behooves us to be the one to keep renewing and bettering ourselves against the yardstick of what it means to be the best Muslims inwardly and outwardly in our lives. There will always be times when you're not able to be at your highest iman (faith) because you might feel bad due to a personal situation or because you're busy because of worldly responsibilities and professional burdens or because you're chasing after this or that desire or because you're falling into temptation of sin due to Satan having beautified this or that sin. You mustn't at that point give up and think about how pointless you feel all this is but instead retrace your steps back to what made you fall in love with Allah and Islam in the first place.

6) Never speculate on the essence of Allah because that is a secret of Allah known only to Allah. There are types of knowledge that are considered useful and desirable in Islam and then there are other types of knowledge that are not because their nature is so speculative that nothing can actually be learned or verified and instead confusion arises in the hearts of laypersons. So, instead, if you want to know Allah, know Allah by His 99 Names.

7) Allah loves Prophet Muhammad :saws: (peace and blessings be upon him). And the way to acquire closeness to Beloved is to love what the Beloved loves and emulate what the Beloved loves. And the way to do that is to send as much salawaat (recitation of blessings on Prophet :saws:) as you can and incorporate the Sunnah (prophetic tradition/character) into your life. The evidence for this is twofold in the Qur'an (3:31 and 33:56):
Say, [O Muhammad], "If you should love Allah, then follow me, [so] Allah will love you and forgive you your sins. And Allah is Forgiving and Merciful."

Indeed, Allah and His Angels send blessings upon the Prophet. O you who believe! Send blessings on him and greet him (with) greetings.
Finally, I'm 100% confident that if I and you or anyone else were to only practice these 7 tips for our entire life, it would be enough to live and die as Muslims. Islam is easy. We just ourselves complicate everything because we're weak and forgetful human beings. If there is any good that results from this post, all praise is due to Allah. And if there is anything that I've said that is in error, then it is due to my human fallibility for which I apologize in advance to all.

stilltrying
01-14-2018, 07:30 PM
Wa aleykum salaam.

Jzk for the links they were beneficial. I will slowly follow these steps. I know some things about the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH). Should I learn about the him or Allah swt first? I think I don’t understand Allah.

My biggest fear is believing and then when dying, loosing faith. In Sha Allah I hope all of you enter Jannah. JZK for all your inputs. They gave me hope.

Why does it feel like Allah is not there?

Ümit
01-15-2018, 07:44 AM
Wa aleykum salaam.

Jzk for the links they were beneficial. I will slowly follow these steps. I know some things about the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH). Should I learn about the him or Allah swt first? I think I don’t understand Allah.

My biggest fear is believing and then when dying, loosing faith. In Sha Allah I hope all of you enter Jannah. JZK for all your inputs. They gave me hope.

Because you are still not trying. you are still listening to Shaytaans waswas...he is whispering you "if Allah is there, why don't you feel His presence?"

No one understands Allah...we humans are limited...we cannot comprehend if something is infinite...we always automatically try to imagine an end to that infinity.

for example...if something is infinitely long or big...we automatically have this question "yeah, but what comes after that?" falsely imagining an end to that infinity.

That is why we cannot understand Allah...He knows everything...He can do anything...He is Mercifull and forgiving...all beyond human imagination.

And He is real!!

Desert
01-17-2018, 12:39 AM
I think I am in a similair situation

Good brother
01-17-2018, 02:16 PM
Assalam alaikum

Suppose a staunch believer in the non-existence of God were to say, “Maybe the universe did not have a beginning. It was present from eternity. Therefore there is no need for a Creator. It is a continuum of cosmic waves, as claimed by the Marxists”. What would be our reply to that? Let us look at the indications and results of assuming that, and see if they are existent or not, as we did in the first case.
Assuming that the universe is eternal and self evolving, as claimed, implies the ‘continuation of non-self reliant forces to eternity’, which is scientifically impossible, implying that the assumption that necessitates this impossibility is also impossible. We shall explain this in some detail.

Suppose I owe you a thousand Dollars. I give you a cheque with a ’0′ written on it, and I point at it and tell you that that zero is equivalent to one thousand Dollars., would you believe me? Of course not. Because you know a simple mathematical rule that zero has no value in itself. In other words, it is not self reliant. Rather it is reliant on the number written next to it. I say okay, you will get your thousand Dollars, and I write another zero next to it. You’re still not satisfied. I write one more and yet one more, and I fill the whole cheque up with zeros. You tell me, even if you right a thousand zeros, it will not be of any value, until you put a number from one to nine next to it. This is because these numbers have their own value, or they are self reliant. Zero, on the other hand, is reliant on the number next to it. How can a force which has no power in itself take power from a force which is next to it also having no power in itself? You might tell me that this is like trying to raise business capital from a large group of beggars who do not have enough money to spend on themselves. In their place, if you had approached one rich man, his money might have been sufficient. On what basis are you making this refutation? It is because you know there is a need for at least one force that is self sufficient. In other words, it does not need to take power from anything else. Otherwise what would be the source for its own power?

Let’s look at another example. There is a twenty floored building. On the top floor is a hotel where I want to stay. However I want to make sure it is safe, so I ask the engineer who built the building as to what the twentieth floor is supported on. He says the nineteenth floor. Is that enough for me? No. I want to know what that is resting on. He says it lies on the eighteenth. And so I keep asking him, till I get to the ground floor. Only when he tells me that the ground floor is based upon the foundation or the cornerstone, will I be satisfied. This is because I know that anything that needs to be supported by something else can not be having it’s own strength. However when I get down to the cornerstone, I feel safe, because I know that that has it’s own strength, and can at the same time support all the above floors.

Let’s consider a third example. I am giving a lecture to you about a new theory I am proposing. I give you a proof for this theory. However it is not a complete proof. It requires further proof. So I give you a proof for that proof. However the second proof is not fool-proof either, so you ask for a third. I give you a third, but you need a fourth, and so on. Even if I gave you proofs from morning to evening, you would not believe me, because they are all dependent proofs. Until I give you a self-dependent proof, you are not buying my theory.

From these three examples, it should be clear as to what the principle that ‘the continuation of non-self reliant forces to eternity is impossible’ means. Now if you apply it to our assumption that the universe was always existent, in various forms, and has been self evolving since eternity, i.e. it has no age, you can see that the origination of the matter and power involved still remains unaccounted for. Everything we see around us has taken it’s power and existence from something before it, and it passes it on to something after it. But if we keep going back and ask ourselves what the source of this power, or continuum of cosmic waves, as they called it was, we would be like I was in the above examples. On this basis, we have to come to the conclusion that the universe could not have been so, without the presence of a Creator, to give it that power and act as the self-sufficient source for the existence of the universe.
Hence, either view you take with regards to the birth of the universe, the non-existence of God has been proved to be impossible. Hence we have no choice but to accept the other assumption as true. That is, that the Universe has a Creator, and it has an age. (Raashid Sherif, A Scientific Analysis of Islam )

Have a look here too:
http://www.ahlalhdeeth.com/vbe/forum...eve-god-did-it
http://www.riseofislam.com/rise_of_faith_02.html
http://islamic-life-forum.blogspot.c...-and-gods.html

- - - Updated - - -

Do have any proof for such an extra-ordinary claim ?
Why don’t many people believing in God? Many scientists and people of knowledge don’t.
Ask Allah to guide them/Invite them to Islam. Scientists have some knowledge related to certain topics e.g. math/biology/Mechanics. This doesn't mean they are all-knowing or they created the universe ! They actually know very little about this universe.This knowledge is a gift from their creator. Some acknowledge this fact and many don't (out of ignorance/arrogance).

Have a look here:
http://bemuslims.weebly.com/corrupted-beliefs.html

Search
01-17-2018, 07:15 PM

Well, sister, I have thought a lot about your question, and I have come to the conclusion that you should learn about Prophet Muhammad :saws: (peace and blessings be upon him). The reason I say this is because in the time of pagan Arabia, Allah did not show Himself to the pagan Arabs either but due to the highest character and lived life that they witnessed of this great man Prophet Muhammad :saws: (peace and blessings be upon him) and miracles of Prophet :saws: (peace and blessings be upon him), the biggest of which is the Qur'an, the pagan Arabs came to testify to the Existence and Oneness of Allah. So, yes, if you can, please do read Martin Lings' biography of Prophet :saws: (blessings be upon him) and try to attain other books on his Sunnah (prophetic tradition) such as what he :saws: used to wear, how he :saws: used to eat, how he :saws: used to sleep, how he :saws: used to interact with guests, children, neighbors, etc. Because that character and his :saws: words form the complete picture of what it means to be a perfected human being within the auspices of Islam.

As far as Allah is concerned, Allah already revealed through Prophet :saws: the answer as to how to think of Him in Surah Ikhlaas (Chapter Sincerity). The answer is that our aqidah (belief) and benchmark as to what we can say or what we shouldn't say or believe about Allah is all in Surah Ikhlaas meaning that "He is Allah, the Eternal, Who was never born nor ever gave birth, the One beyond compare." The last part is especially what we need to remember encapsulated in the words "the One beyond compare," meaning that whatever you or anyone else tries to compare Him to, that isn't Him simply. And this stops all conjectures, speculations, arguments about where is Allah, can Allah create a heavy stone that He cannot lift, and other silly questions and confusions. Surah lkhaas stops all confusions about Allah with the words "The One beyond compare." So, the benchmark is Allah is "beyond compare" and that is who Allah is alongside being the Eternal, who was never born, nor ever gave birth.

Surah Ikhlaas mentions two names of Allah which together indicate all the Attributes of Perfection. They are not mentioned in any other ayat (verse) of the Qur'an: “al-Ahad” and “al-Samad.” These two names indicate the Oneness of the Sacred Being who possesses all the Attributes of Perfection. Al-Ahad indicates the Singularity of existence that cannot be shared by any entity. Al-Samad implies all attributes of perfection. It means the following: “the One whose dignity and sovereignty reaches the extent where all other things in existence depend on for all their needs.” In other words, all needs are brought before and to Him. This attribute cannot be for other than the One who truly possesses complete Perfection in All Qualities. This attribute cannot apply to anyone other than Allah. He is al-Ahad and al-Samad. This explanation makes clear that these two names possess a comprehensiveness in their indication of Allah and His attributes that are not found in any other names. And these names are not mentioned in any other chapter of the Qur’an. This shows the special value of this chapter, and why Surah Ikhlaas is regarded as a third of the Qur’an.

Allah has said in a Hadith Qudsi (direct words of God): "I am as My servant thinks I AM." That means you or anyone else has to trust that they'll die as Muslims because that is in line with keeping a good opinion of Allah, and Allah gives us as human beings what we expect to receive from Allah. So, make intention to trust Allah that you'll die as Muslims but also "tie your camel" so-to-speak by committing to words and actions and character that reflect that sincere intention to live and die as a Muslim.

My personal belief/understanding as to the reason that we don't feel sometimes Allah is there is the same reason sometimes we feel our mother or father don't love us. That is because we often project our own thoughts and feelings onto others when we ourselves feel disconnected from the main source or when we're feeling guilty or feeling distant. So, the way to have that feeling die a swift death is to try to connect to the main source, whether that is through 1) meditation (e.g. sitting quietly and reflecting on the Mercy and Love of Allah covering your heart or prayer or supplication), 2) dhikrullah (remembrance of Allah) whether that is through istighfar, salawaat, tasbih fatima, shahada, etc., and 3) giving in charity.

As long as you have breath and are willing to exert efforts, you and I always should be hopeful of Allah's Mercy, sister. Sometimes, darkness is necessary in our hearts and lives to appreciate the beauty and brightness of the light.

:wa: (And peace be upon you)

Wa aleykum salaam.

Good brother
01-17-2018, 10:42 PM
The Absolute Beginning of the Universe is Unavoidable

A786
01-17-2018, 11:02 PM
The best thing to do is speak to Allah about it, LITERALLY. Allah loves to see that we rely on him COMPLETELY and he will Insh'Allah guide us. Talk to him like as you would to a friend, the way you are talking to us about it. Acknowledge in your dua that Allah is the ONLY supreme power you believe in and you need guidance from him and you will see he will insh'Allah open your heart. Soon, you will find Allah and inner peace. But be sure to never despair from Allah and be consistent in your Dua.

OmAbdullah
01-18-2018, 09:53 PM

Only this last sentence (in red) is enough to make you unbeliever. All of your pillars of Islam will be discarded if you don't have the first pillar which is Eemaan. You can sincerely pray to Allah to make you believe.

You are choosing Hell for the sake of your family. In Hell all will be fighting and crying. Rather you should become a strong Muslim by faith and then preach to your family to enter the fold of Islam. But you on one hand have chosen unbelief and Hell, and on the other hand you call yourself a Muslim. I will present the translation of some of the verses of the Holy Quraan to show you the situation in Hell.

Surah Al-Baqarah verses:

(2:165) Yet there are some who take others as equals to Allah163 and love them as Allah alone should be loved; but those who (truly) believe, they love Allah more than all else.164

If only the wrong-doers were to perceive now – as they will perceive when they will see the chastisement – that all power belongs to Allah alone, and that Allah is severe in chastisement!

(2:166) At that moment those who have been followed will disown their followers, and they will see the chastisement, and their resources will be cut asunder.

(2:167) And the followers will then say: “Oh if only we might return again, we would disown them as they have disowned us?” 165 Thus Allah will show them their works in a manner causing them bitter regrets. Never will they come out of the Fire.

happymuslim
01-19-2018, 02:10 AM

#1 you have to realize how stupid atheism is.

#2 yes Allah can see you and everything, allah is omnipresent. It’s his knowledge that can reach you every where and and reach everything. But allah is above everything. Its hard for us to understand because we are limited beings but it doesn’t mean we believe blindly.

#3 the fact that your not dead yet kind of shows that you have a chance to repent and turn back.

#4 you need to understand how important tawheed is. And it’s a very simply concept. Believe in islam until you can fill in the gaps that you don’t understand. Those gaps are probably just unanswered questions tbh. And don’t ask unnecessary questions that won’t benefit you knowing, it could be straight up waswas ya know? Especially ‘if’ questions.

azc
01-19-2018, 03:11 AM
@stilltrying , sister. It's nothing but waswas of shaytan. This simple dua is helpful for you InshaAllah. ''O Allah protect me from shaytan and make my iman strong and give me death with iman'' (Ameen)

Haroonomary
01-19-2018, 07:13 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by azc
Stay away from atheist and other non Muslims, their books and videos as well. Keep in touch with pious people.
I agree, stay away from these kinds of people

- - - Updated - - -

format_quote Originally Posted by A786
The best thing to do is speak to Allah about it, LITERALLY. Allah loves to see that we rely on him COMPLETELY and he will Insh'Allah guide us. Talk to him like as you would to a friend, the way you are talking to us about it. Acknowledge in your dua that Allah is the ONLY supreme power you believe in and you need guidance from him and you will see he will insh'Allah open your heart. Soon, you will find Allah and inner peace. But be sure to never despair from Allah and be consistent in your Dua.
So true.

Kashif Amin
01-20-2018, 11:27 AM

Read some seerah, visit some websites like iqra.net, watch islamic videos, visit islamicstudies.info, islamicbookspdfblog.wordpress.com, etc. pray Salah.

ChosenTCO
01-21-2018, 04:43 PM
hello there,
This is kind of a late response but if u ever read it, i hope it will benefit u or other people in someway or the other. Anyways, i just wanted to talk to you about the stuff u mentioned. I too, was going through these thoughts a few years ago and thankfully (by the will of Allah) managed to reduce it to a minimum since then. It all started when i was looking at islamic videos where some of the reasonings these mini scholars gave would not seem logical to me or reasonable whatsoever. During this process, i started to get exposed to anti islamic videos where some atheists and ex muslims would point out really controversial stuff that would make some of the most faithful muslims doubt their faith. Slowly but surely, i started doubting islam and God in general. But i was stubborn and persistant that my faith was right. I started commenting on these videos at people who weren't muslims and gave reasons left and right. I got bashed so hard and my faith was getting shattered, and i used to get very upset and being defeated in these arguments. So i started learning about atheism and what it really had to offer (this was a peak time of learning for me ... i couldnt tell u how much i learned and grew intellectually). To sum it up, i learned that atheism has one of the greatest arguments that any belief would ever offer besides Islam. It is extremely reasonable in its approach of thinking and thinks with an open mind with no limitations (it even goes hand in hand with everything science has to offer today), i was so close to becoming an atheist but i kept at it and started also investigating what islam has to offer as well (after all i wanted to give both ideas a fair chance at winning).
HERE IS THERE DIFFERENCE THOUGH.
Most people would go and tell u read the quran(to deter waswasa), look at how god created the trees, the skies, the human body, the camel, look at how beautiful the quran is. And i would be thinking ... are u fricking serious? is this your best argument? I am asking u to present to me an argument that would convince me that islam is the true religion and the best u can come up with is the beauty of a poetry book that was created 1400 years ago?I realized that Problem is, we are asking the wrong people. These people are blind believes and have convinced themselves that the quran is so magestic and beautiful and someone from its beauty (that 99% of the population on earth can see) we are suppose to be convinced that its more right than atheism. Maybe thats the case with people who are extremely spiritual. But the younger generation like me (or u) requires more reason and logic that just the beauty that i couldnt neven see. However, i still kept at it. Untill i came across the scientifical miracles of the Holy Quran. Thats when i saw that islam had a solid argument behind its back. Thats when i knew that islam was more than just a honest and kind person that started a revolution 1400 years ago. It was a message, and a way of living that was revealed by a higher power, a greater entity and not just the mere mind of a clever human being.

I honestly dont know what kind of motivation that would convince u that islam was a message sent down from a greater being, but for me, the miracles that i saw in the quran was enough to convince me that Islam was no ordinary religion(i dont want to imply that those miracles are so majestic and what not, but they where boarder line enough to convince me this was something more than just a rare coincidence). So i encourage u to look within urself at what might convince u that islam is the right religion and look for it in real life. For me it was 2 things, either a direct contact from Allah to me (even if it was through a dream with a meaningful dialog) or scientific evidence that Quran was the real deal (and we obviously know that the first option wasnt going to happen else this entire life would have no meaning because this life is basically a test of our faith). So when i started looking for the miracles in the quran, i found what i wanted. Here are a few of the things that i found unnatural and unhuman like in the quran (note that the quran was revealed about 1400 years ago on a man that could not read or write):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erGmdSPQ1xs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-ULa2JzPG0

Ishaaq
01-23-2018, 11:26 AM
This is a strange question. Suppose the world was eternal, then someone asked "Why is the world eternal?" what would you say?

Ümit
01-23-2018, 01:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ChosenTCO
hello there,
This is kind of a late response but if u ever read it, i hope it will benefit u or other people in someway or the other. Anyways, i just wanted to talk to you about the stuff u mentioned. I too, was going through these thoughts a few years ago and thankfully (by the will of Allah) managed to reduce it to a minimum since then. It all started when i was looking at islamic videos where some of the reasonings these mini scholars gave would not seem logical to me or reasonable whatsoever. During this process, i started to get exposed to anti islamic videos where some atheists and ex muslims would point out really controversial stuff that would make some of the most faithful muslims doubt their faith. Slowly but surely, i started doubting islam and God in general. But i was stubborn and persistant that my faith was right. I started commenting on these videos at people who weren't muslims and gave reasons left and right. I got bashed so hard and my faith was getting shattered, and i used to get very upset and being defeated in these arguments. So i started learning about atheism and what it really had to offer (this was a peak time of learning for me ... i couldnt tell u how much i learned and grew intellectually). To sum it up, i learned that atheism has one of the greatest arguments that any belief would ever offer besides Islam. It is extremely reasonable in its approach of thinking and thinks with an open mind with no limitations (it even goes hand in hand with everything science has to offer today), i was so close to becoming an atheist but i kept at it and started also investigating what islam has to offer as well (after all i wanted to give both ideas a fair chance at winning).
Most people would go and tell u read the quran(to deter waswasa), look at how god created the trees, the skies, the human body, the camel, look at how beautiful the quran is. And i would be thinking ... are u fricking serious? is this your best argument? I am asking u to present to me an argument that would convince me that islam is the true religion and the best u can come up with is the beauty of a poetry book that was created 1400 years ago?I realized that Problem is, we are asking the wrong people. These people are blind believes and have convinced themselves that the quran is so magestic and beautiful and someone from its beauty (that 99% of the population on earth can see) we are suppose to be convinced that its more right than atheism. Maybe thats the case with people who are extremely spiritual. But the younger generation like me (or u) requires more reason and logic that just the beauty that i couldnt neven see. However, i still kept at it. Untill i came across the scientifical miracles of the Holy Quran. Thats when i saw that islam had a solid argument behind its back. Thats when i knew that islam was more than just a honest and kind person that started a revolution 1400 years ago. It was a message, and a way of living that was revealed by a higher power, a greater entity and not just the mere mind of a clever human being.

I honestly dont know what kind of motivation that would convince u that islam was a message sent down from a greater being, but for me, the miracles that i saw in the quran was enough to convince me that Islam was no ordinary religion(i dont want to imply that those miracles are so majestic and what not, but they where boarder line enough to convince me this was something more than just a rare coincidence). So i encourage u to look within urself at what might convince u that islam is the right religion and look for it in real life. For me it was 2 things, either a direct contact from Allah to me (even if it was through a dream with a meaningful dialog) or scientific evidence that Quran was the real deal (and we obviously know that the first option wasnt going to happen else this entire life would have no meaning because this life is basically a test of our faith). So when i started looking for the miracles in the quran, i found what i wanted. Here are a few of the things that i found unnatural and unhuman like in the quran (note that the quran was revealed about 1400 years ago on a man that could not read or write):

great post. This also counts for me. I am an engineer. I want reasons, facts and logic to be convinced. without them I will stay skeptical. everything needs to be logic, and parallel with science.
So, first I explored whether the Quran was truely a masterpiece, or could I discover contradictions or some other imperfections in it. I discovered that some verses were being used by non-believers as an "evidence of contradiction" or it looked that way, but if you investigate it some deeper you will find that it can be perfectly explained.
So I never found any mistakes in our magnificent Quran...this already made my imaan much stronger.
then I tried to link science to Islam...
In my opinion, Allah created the universe, the Earth, all life, plants, animals, mountains, seas, and of course every natures laws....
science is just a tool for humans to understand Allahs creations.
so if Islam is the one and only true religion...then, it cannot contradict cold hard facts in science.

I found out that science can be perfectly parallel to Islam. Even Big Bang and evolution can be explained together with Islam.

Allah created everything out of nothing...exactly what the big bang theory states!!
Allah may have used evolution as a tool to create all life on earth.

Then I stumbled ipon something...we people suck in chance estimations...that is why lottery and other kinds of gambling games are so profitable...
here in Germany we have this lottery game lotto sachsen. it is a piece of paper with different rectangles with the numbers 1 to 49 in it. each rectangle is a separate chance to win the lottery and the costs of the ticket depends on the amount of the filled out rectangles.

the game is to cross 6 numbers out of 49...in which order, it does not matter.
My father in law happened to play this game every new year...everyone in the family then can cross out their own 6 numbers in their own rectangle.
I always crossed out 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6...just to demonstrate him how silly his lottery game is and in fact a waste of his money.
My father in law got angry with me, because me filling that out costs him extra and he things a randomly chosen number is a much bigger chance than my sequence.
I statistically have proven him wrong...that the chances are equally unlikely...yet, he does not believe me somehow.

consider this...you have the numbers 1 to 49...cross out 6 out of 49 (in which order does not matter) the chances of 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 is just as great as any other random sequence. but somehow is just feel like the chance is much much smaller.
we humans just cannot imagine how small that chance is, and that probably it will never happen in your lifetime.

back to the topic,
atheists believe everything happened by itself...how big is the chance of that happening? atoms finding each other by coincidence forming molecules...the right molecules finding each other in the exact right circumstances forming amino acids...and then fused together to dna, cels and then eventually into bacteria...how big is that chance happening on its own? and even then one important aspect still fails...
even if the bacteria has formed by some coincidence...it still is missing life itself...it is just dead material.

at that point I knew that Islam is better than atheismus...Islam has room for science, law and order, morals and values, justice and information like knowledge beyond scientific facts (religion).
Atheismus or any other religion cannot offer that.

so, my advise would be, investigate...explore...make the question marks in your head disappear...and your doubts will disappear. good luck

ChosenTCO
01-23-2018, 04:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by umie
the game is to cross 6 numbers out of 49...in which order, it does not matter.
My father in law happened to play this game every new year...everyone in the family then can cross out their own 6 numbers in their own rectangle.
I always crossed out 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6...just to demonstrate him how silly his lottery game is and in fact a waste of his money.
My father in law got angry with me, because me filling that out costs him extra and he things a randomly chosen number is a much bigger chance than my sequence.
I statistically have proven him wrong...that the chances are equally unlikely...yet, he does not believe me somehow.

consider this...you have the numbers 1 to 49...cross out 6 out of 49 (in which order does not matter) the chances of 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 is just as great as any other random sequence. but somehow is just feel like the chance is much much smaller.
we humans just cannot imagine how small that chance is, and that probably it will never happen in your lifetime.

back to the topic,
atheists believe everything happened by itself...how big is the chance of that happening? atoms finding each other by coincidence forming molecules...the right molecules finding each other in the exact right circumstances forming amino acids...and then fused together to dna, cels and then eventually into bacteria...how big is that chance happening on its own? and even then one important aspect still fails...
even if the bacteria has formed by some coincidence...it still is missing life itself...it is just dead material.

at that point I knew that Islam is better than atheismus...Islam has room for science, law and order, morals and values, justice and information like knowledge beyond scientific facts (religion).
Atheismus or any other religion cannot offer that.

so, my advise would be, investigate...explore...make the question marks in your head disappear...and your doubts will disappear. good luck

Hahaha, Your story is so on point sister! The biggest weakness of the atheism argument is the probability and chance theory. It is so nonsensical, and it is where all their theory breaks down. i was looking into this back then when i had all these doubts and stuff and it is that which pushed me away from atheism once and for all. I stumbled across this video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZFZl9_1G4c) which talks about the cosmological constant and how it shows that this universe cannot have existed by mere chance alone. There has to have been a being of greater intelligence to come up with all this.

الَّذِينَ يَذْكُرُونَ اللَّهَ قِيَامًا وَقُعُودًا وَعَلَىٰ جُنُوبِهِمْ وَيَتَفَكَّرُونَ فِي خَلْقِ السَّمَاوَاتِ وَالْأَرْضِ رَبَّنَا مَا خَلَقْتَ هَٰذَا بَاطِلًا سُبْحَانَكَ فَقِنَا عَذَابَ النَّارِ
Who remember Allah while standing or sitting or [lying] on their sides and give thought to the creation of the heavens and the earth, [saying], "Our Lord, You did not create this aimlessly; exalted are You [above such a thing]; then protect us from the punishment of the Fire. [Quran 3:191]

There is another article that talks about these physical constants and their fine tuning if your interested in these things and physics in general. (but the writer is christian and is trying to push his own agenda :p ... nonetheless, still useful...)
http://worldview3.50webs.com/mathprfcosmos.html

I just want to stress that im not trying to bash any belief system out there or belittle it. Im only trying to state my opinion about the whole atheism thing and the things that led me to think this way. I hope that at least one of you would find this useful and guide them to Allah's path :) Ameen.

usernameistoolo
01-23-2018, 05:06 PM
This is happening to me sort of too

Ümit
01-24-2018, 12:12 PM
Hahaha, Your story is so on point sister! The biggest weakness of the atheism argument is the probability and chance theory. It is so nonsensical, and it is where all their theory breaks down. i was looking into this back then when i had all these doubts and stuff and it is that which pushed me away from atheism once and for all. I stumbled across this video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZFZl9_1G4c) which talks about the cosmological constant and how it shows that this universe cannot have existed by mere chance alone. There has to have been a being of greater intelligence to come up with all this.

الَّذِينَ يَذْكُرُونَ اللَّهَ قِيَامًا وَقُعُودًا وَعَلَىٰ جُنُوبِهِمْ وَيَتَفَكَّرُونَ فِي خَلْقِ السَّمَاوَاتِ وَالْأَرْضِ رَبَّنَا مَا خَلَقْتَ هَٰذَا بَاطِلًا سُبْحَانَكَ فَقِنَا عَذَابَ النَّارِ
Who remember Allah while standing or sitting or [lying] on their sides and give thought to the creation of the heavens and the earth, [saying], "Our Lord, You did not create this aimlessly; exalted are You [above such a thing]; then protect us from the punishment of the Fire. [Quran 3:191]

There is another article that talks about these physical constants and their fine tuning if your interested in these things and physics in general. (but the writer is christian and is trying to push his own agenda :p ... nonetheless, still useful...)
http://worldview3.50webs.com/mathprfcosmos.html

I just want to stress that im not trying to bash any belief system out there or belittle it. Im only trying to state my opinion about the whole atheism thing and the things that led me to think this way. I hope that at least one of you would find this useful and guide them to Allah's path :) Ameen.
What I mean, they can be right about evolution...I am not disregarding that...they even might be right about the big bang...but even then...both evolution or big bang could not have happened on their own...there is no way...there must be something behind it with great intelligence...and even then...the aspect of life itself is missing.
even IF that very very small chance somehow occured...then still...it will never come alive on its own.

That argument alone is enough for me not to be an atheist alhamdoulillah.

OmAbdullah
01-24-2018, 09:32 PM
hello there,

"Here are a few of the things that i found unnatural and unhuman like in the quran"

This statement of yours (red) has negative terminology. You must show us what is unnatural and unhuman in the Holy Quraan???

I testify that there is nothing unnatural or unhuman in Quraan. You either must make it clear what do you mean by this statement or you must bring such things from the Quraan to prove your truth. (You cannot do that and your falsehood is manifest).

- - - Updated - - -

I request the administration openly to change the topic of this thread to some other type like"Doubts in my mind".

Allah- Ta'aala is very high above any doubts. Allah is Az-Zaahir wa Al-Baatin. So Allah's Existence is very manifest to every sound and sincere mind.

ChosenTCO
01-25-2018, 03:19 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by OmAbdullah
"Here are a few of the things that i found unnatural and unhuman like in the quran"

This statement of yours (red) has negative terminology. You must show us what is unnatural and unhuman in the Holy Quraan???

I testify that there is nothing unnatural or unhuman in Quraan. You either must make it clear what do you mean by this statement or you must bring such things from the Quraan to prove your truth. (You cannot do that and your falsehood is manifest).

- - - Updated - - -

I request the administration openly to change the topic of this thread to some other type like"Doubts in my mind".

Allah- Ta'aala is very high above any doubts. Allah is Az-Zaahir wa Al-Baatin. So Allah's Existence is very manifest to every sound and sincere mind.
Assalamu Alaykom sister :)

I do not know what negative terminology you think my statement implies but i can assure you that i meant it as a positive attribute to the Quran. After all, if it was a natural and a human-like book, then it would not have been a miracle or anything special at all.

For something to be miraculous and astonishing, it has to be unique and unparalleled to anything this world has ever seen. This means that it should not be of natural occurrence (hence why it is unnatural). And it cannot be replicated by any human or machine (hence why it is nonhuman-like). This is what i meant by that statement.

Perhaps you misunderstood it because you thought i mean that it goes against the fitra of the humans? or that it is incompatible with our nature? I dont know :hmm:, but i can assure you this is not what i meant at all and i thought that would be obvious given the context of my comment in general. Still ... I apologize for not making it clear :embarrass:hiding:

Salam :peace:

OmAbdullah
01-25-2018, 10:47 PM
Assalamu Alaykom sister

I do not know what negative terminology you think my statement implies but i can assure you that i meant it as a positive attribute to the Quran. After all, if it was a natural and a human-like book, then it would not have been a miracle or anything special at all.

For something to be miraculous and astonishing, it has to be unique and unparalleled to anything this world has ever seen. This means that it should not be of natural occurrence (hence why it is unnatural). And it cannot be replicated by any human or machine (hence why it is nonhuman-like). This is what i meant by that statement.

Perhaps you misunderstood it because you thought i mean that it goes against the fitra of the humans? or that it is incompatible with our nature? I dont know , but i can assure you this is not what i meant at all and i thought that would be obvious given the context of my comment in general. Still ... I apologize for not making it clear

Salam

Wa Alaykum salaam.

Jazaak-Allaaho kheran for the clear explanation. This is the matter of Allah and Allah's Book therefore we all have to be very alert about any mistake which may mislead some readers. So now it is clear to every reader insha-Allah.

- - - Updated - - -

Wa aleykum salaam.

Whenever you pray for others to enter Jannah, you must pray the same for yourself too. This is very important.

You have to believe in the unseen that Allah is everywhere. Yes, Allah is everywhere by His knowledge and Power. But Satan, the deadly enemy, Will give you such feelings. You must discourage him and by seeking the refuge of Allah, you must try to make him fail badly.

OmAbdullah
01-25-2018, 11:32 PM
Wa aleykum salaam.

Pray to Allah:

Yaa Rabbi zidnee ilma (O Lord, may you increase my knowledge), aameen.

Allahumma innee a'oudhu-bika min ilmin laa yanfa' (Yaa Allah may you protect me from the knowledge which doesn't benefit (that is to seek refuge from harmful knowledge), aameen.

Please remember that I, though I am living with Quraan and Muhammad salla Allaho alayhi wa sallam's Sunnah, fear such Satanic videos etc. I always try to remain alert against any Satanic knowledge. The reason is that Allah Ta'aala has put us in a test that we must believe in Him and obey His Prophet
salla Allaho alayhi wa sallam
in the unseen. And Allah also appointed a satan to stay with every human being. So, as the creation of Allah is very excellent, likewise the test of Allah on us is also very wonderful. We have to protect ourselves from the attacks of the cursed Satan all time and have to seek the guidance and help of Allah everywhere at all times. if we are sincere, Allah will protect us from the cursed enemy i.e. Satan, and will guide us on the right Path of Islam.

The Prophet Muhammad
salla Allaho alayhi wa sallam
used to pray: "Yaa Muqallibal quloob, thabbit qalbee ala deenik" (O the Turner of the hearts, may you keep strong my heart on your Deen.).

Thus we and you all must pray this du'aa because we never know when we, possibly, make such a sin by mistake or intentionally which may make Allaah All-Mighty so angry that the heart of the sinner is turned away from Deen.

Please you do lots of astaghfaar continuously so that Allah takes your heart away from the doubts that you got from the Satanic video. And become very close to the Holy Quraan and the Sunnah so that you will never go astray as a hadeeth of t
he Prophet Muhammad salla Allaho alayhi wa sallam
has informed us.

Your struggle may make you a much stronger Muslimah insha-Allah and Satan will be defeated.

Scimitar
01-25-2018, 11:40 PM
AsSalaamu Alaikum, watch these in sh'Allah!!!

Muhaba
01-26-2018, 12:26 AM
My response in red

That is the way Allah planned it. It is scientifically proven that the world is not eternal. It has a beginning and an end.

No, it is not possible for anything to evolve into anything else by itself , without intelligent guidance. Study the structure of the eye and you will see that it is not possible for something like that to come into existence by itself.

Why don’t many people believing in God? Many scientists and people of knowledge don’t.
Many people do believe in God. However, whether people believe or not doesn’t make a thing true or false. Believing something just because everyone else does is illogical.
I’m so sad that I believe this.
Your problem is a lack of knowledge. Getting more knowledge will improve your foundation and make you steadfast. Of course you need to want to believe too.

Will Allah ever guide me back? I’ve tried to read the Quran and Hadith but I’m still the same. I don’t want any other religion than Islam. But in order for this to happen I must believe. Why is it so hard? I’ve stopped doing all the stuff I was doing before and wonder if I’ll die like this. Might as well enjoy life since I won’t change back.
This is not the right attitude. It is sad you would say that (your last sentence). Enjoying life unislamically or living without faith will not change the fact that unbelief will take you to Hell.

- - - Updated - - -

I tried to send you a pm but it didn’t go through so I’m posting it here:

Feel free to contact via pm if you want to talk more.

Dear sister,

Would you like to talk in private about your thoughts and struggles regarding faith? I would love to help you.

It is easy to go into doubts, sister. The reason is a deficiency of knowledge and the persuasive and impressive manner that false beliefs are presented.

Such as evolution.

Many of these lectures and debates are guilty of lying by omission. They will never give you the full picture or both sides of the argument. They prey on your ignorance to put you into doubt and misguide you.

So instead of asking “what is the proof that there is God” ask “what is the proof that there is no God?” There is no proof that there is no God and every bit of proof that there is God.

Evolution is scientifically impossible. There is no way one thing could have evolved, let alone a multitude of organisms, all developing in the exact same way, simultaneously. Cats did not evolve from dogs or the same parent organism but both species have so many similarities, such as two eyes, a nose, a mouth, tongue, not to mention all the internal organs. Why would the two species evolve in a similar way - after branching off - rather than each evolving in a different way?

The similarities among the species are not an evidence for evolution but an evidence against evolution and an evidence for intelligent design. God designed them all the same manner.

stilltrying
01-29-2018, 04:45 PM
I’ve read all of your replies,links and videos you have sent me. Jazakamullah hu Khairan. I couldn’t confide this information with anyone simply because my mouth wouldn’t allow it to come out. I tried to ask questions but I didn’t get satisfying answers. I’d probably be disowned if I talked to my dad about it. In September I asked my mum “how does Allah see us, he’s so far away, I sometimes feel like he’s not there”? You should have seen her face. Absolute shock with a tinge if anger.“Astagfurlilah, why would you ask that question, Allah sees all!”. She didn’t ask about it again. A tiny part of me wish she would have asked. But she didn’t.

I sometimes reread your replies when these feelings resurfaces. These thoughts aren’t doubts anymore. They have become feelings and beliefs. Allah is there? But I feel like there is a barrier which is not allowing me to see the signs. I’m being patient. This patience has made me less distressed- like I’m okay with what is happening with me. Like it’s normal. Live with it. I don’t even know what I’m saying but I know life is better when Allah is in your heart. I want to feel content. Every time I read religious information it gets too much and I’m like why? I don’t know where to go so I can learn the basics. I did search up basics in Islam and when belief in Allah came up, my heart stopped. I couldn’t breathe. I submit to Islam and Allah and I’m patiently waiting for faith to enter my heart. I’m not sitting around but I’m researching even more. I have borrowed some books about the battles of Prophet Muhammad (PBUH), his sayings and the Quran in English.

I fee like I’m going to hell. No one can help me and this feeling is eating away my very soul. I have this feeling where I’m going to die very soon and this reminds me of a Hadith where the prophet Muhammad (PBUH) said something like one can be an arms length to entering Jannah and committing a sin that makes them enter hell. Vice versa. I feel like this applies to me. I have been doing good deeds but when these feelings appear I feel defeated. Like everything I do is in vain.

These feelings first started in the middle of September. Firstly, I watched a video about the throne of Allah then I started thinking that Allah is so far away. How can he see us? How is he with us in knowledge when he is billions of years away?

When having these feelings I would cry in prayer, in the toliet as at school and outside when it rained.

I felt so sick! I was doing was researching about my affliction. I’d constantly watch people on YouTube telling me how to deal with doubts. I wouldn’t stop researching. This cause me to fail an assignment.

I also saw the scientific miracles in this time and believed for about a couple of days. Then I went back to doubting. This feeling feels like there literally no oxygen and I’m the only who who can’t breathe it in. No one knows in my family or my friends. Just you guys. I know I don’t make sense but I appreciate you reading.

So truly thank you.

I submit to Allah, Lord of the worlds.

OmAbdullah
01-29-2018, 05:43 PM
I’ve read all of your replies,links and videos you have sent me. Jazakamullah hu Khairan. I couldn’t confide this information with anyone simply because my mouth wouldn’t allow it to come out. I tried to ask questions but I didn’t get satisfying answers. I’d probably be disowned if I talked to my dad about it. In September I asked my mum “how does Allah see us, he’s so far away, I sometimes feel like he’s not there”? You should have seen her face. Absolute shock with a tinge if anger.“Astagfurlilah, why would you ask that question, Allah sees all!”. She didn’t ask about it again. A tiny part of me wish she would have asked. But she didn’t.

I sometimes reread your replies when these feelings resurfaces. These thoughts aren’t doubts anymore. They have become feelings and beliefs. Allah is there? But I feel like there is a barrier which is not allowing me to see the signs. I’m being patient. This patience has made me less distressed- like I’m okay with what is happening with me. Like it’s normal. Live with it. I don’t even know what I’m saying but I know life is better when Allah is in your heart. I want to feel content. Every time I read religious information it gets too much and I’m like why? I don’t know where to go so I can learn the basics. I did search up basics in Islam and when belief in Allah came up, my heart stopped. I couldn’t breathe. I submit to Islam and Allah and I’m patiently waiting for faith to enter my heart. I’m not sitting around but I’m researching even more. I have borrowed some books about the battles of Prophet Muhammad (PBUH), his sayings and the Quran in English.

I fee like I’m going to hell. No one can help me and this feeling is eating away my very soul. I have this feeling where I’m going to die very soon and this reminds me of a Hadith where the prophet Muhammad (PBUH) said something like one can be an arms length to entering Jannah and committing a sin that makes them enter hell. Vice versa. I feel like this applies to me. I have been doing good deeds but when these feelings appear I feel defeated. Like everything I do is in vain.

These feelings first started in the middle of September. Firstly, I watched a video about the throne of Allah then I started thinking that Allah is so far away. How can he see us? How is he with us in knowledge when he is billions of years away?

When having these feelings I would cry in prayer, in the toliet as at school and outside when it rained.

I felt so sick! I was doing was researching about my affliction. I’d constantly watch people on YouTube telling me how to deal with doubts. I wouldn’t stop researching. This cause me to fail an assignment.

I also saw the scientific miracles in this time and believed for about a couple of days. Then I went back to doubting. This feeling feels like there literally no oxygen and I’m the only who who can’t breathe it in. No one knows in my family or my friends. Just you guys. I know I don’t make sense but I appreciate you reading.

So truly thank you.

I submit to Allah, Lord of the worlds.
The condition for faith is to believe in the unseen God. So the more you get the feeling that where is God (and this feeling is from Satan) the more you must say I believe in God. Keep your heart/mind full and busy with the verse Laa ilaha illa- Allah. This rememberance of Allah in your heart shall expel Satan from your mind. And with this Faith of Tawheed (Belief in the absolute Oneness of God) Satan will fail.

When you believe blindly and follow the Prophet Muhammad salla Allaho alayhi wa sallam, then you reject hopelessness from your mind because we are ordered to remain hopeful. Lack of hope in the Mercy of Allah is kufar (unbelief)

ChosenTCO
01-29-2018, 08:02 PM
Lack of hope in the Mercy of Allah is kufar (unbelief)
Sister,(with all due respect) there is no need for such statements when dealing with a person who is in such state. They already feel like a kafir as it is, so no need to add to this impression. (though i 100% believe you mean all good but still. Not the best time to say that).

With that said. I wanna say a few things to @stilltrying . the most important thing for you to do right now is to identify what exactly is making you feel this way. Because if you cant identify the source of the problem, u wont eliminate it (only suppress it). If its a doubt about how Allah can hear you or see you when he is sitting on the throne billions of light years away, then you have to build your fundamentals about God's being. He is something beyond that which neither you or i could ever imagine. He is a being that observe+experience+affect all moments of time of our universe (meaning he is able to see the present you, the past you, and the future you all at the same time). So do you really think a being of such power cant listen or hear you? It even says it in the Quran:

وَلَقَدْ خَلَقْنَا الْإِنسَانَ وَنَعْلَمُ مَا تُوَسْوِسُ بِهِ نَفْسُهُ ۖ وَنَحْنُ أَقْرَبُ إِلَيْهِ مِنْ حَبْلِ الْوَرِيدِ
And We have already created man and know what his soul whispers to him, and We are closer to him than [his] jugular vein [Quran 50:16]

Im not saying all this to shun you down. I am merely telling you this to broaden your perspective and knowledge about your maker.

However, this is only if your main problem is about understanding how god can hear you from that far away. But im pretty sure this is not, i have a feeling your doubts go way deeper than that (feel free to ask me really harsh questions if you’d like and inshallah i will be able to answer). I dont know if all what started these doubts is because of a feeling of inadequacy (u feel like ur not a good muslima) or because you prayed to God and he didnt answer your prayers, or whatever it may be. Just know the cause of your doubts first then inshallah everything else will follow and fall into place.

Ümit
01-30-2018, 08:34 AM
Let me put it this way how you should see it:
imagine a 2D world. for a 2D creature living in a 2D world is impossible to imagine how 3D looks like. everything he knows and sees is flat. he lives in a flat world so he does not know how 3D looks like.

We live in a 3D world, so we can only guess how 4D would look like (maybe time being the 4th dimension, maybe not) Allah is more than 10D.
we have hard times imagining how Allah can hear and know everything. For him it is like eating from a plate. he can eat from every side of the plate he likes. it is not an effort for him.
we humans cannot understand infinite stuff. you can divide the number 1 infinetely by 2. the number gets closer and closer to 0 but it will always be more than 0.
the universe is infinetely big. there is no end to it. we all secretly imagine an end to it and ask ourselves "what comes after that?" which is wrong.

I think the cause for your doubts is lack of knowledge. you have too many unanswered questions in your head.
write the questions in your head on paper...or even better, open a thread here, and we can help answer that. and then you move to the next question.
we will make your doubts go away inshallah...you just have to ask us the questions you have.

Search
01-30-2018, 03:29 PM

Dearest sister, you know, people's iman (faith) goes up and down and this flux is not an indication of disbelief. Below are some videos that will InshaAllah (God-willing) help you and any other human being similarly suffering from waswas (satanic whispers) and a low iman (faith). Please watch them in exact order as listed as they will in that manner help you the most InshaAllah:
1) The life of Prophet :saws: before Prophethood
2) Divine Speech Prologue 1
3) Divine Speech Prologue 2
4) An Amazing Talk! Love Allah for Allah and how to get closer to Allah

Finally, I wish for all of you participating/reading this thread to reflect in this story: There was a big alim (scholar) once who thought with logic and rationale he could defeat shaitaan as that was the methodology upon which he most relied as a source of finding truth. However, lying on his deathbed, he found himself arguing with shaitaan as every time shaitaan would throw doubts in his mind about Allah and Islam. Another wise sheikh (learned scholar) came to visit him, and the alim explained his state of flux and the ensuing fight with shaitaan and how shaitaan came by with new logic and rationale to defeat his arguments based in logic and rational proofs. So, that sheikh said to him that the reason he was being bombarded with shaitaan's attacks is because he kept arguing with logic and rationale to defeat shaitaan and the shaitaan came with new logic and rationale to defeat his own arguments. The sheikh explained instead he should tell shaitaan that he just believes and the shaitaan would go away defeated of his own accord. As the sheikh said, the alim did. And shaitaan went away defeated. And the alim died on his deathbed with shahada (recitation of faith) on his lips.

Now, some of you may think what is this? Does Islam not value logic and rationale? The answer: Islam does value logic and rationale but only to the extent that it can be used as a tool but it is not the all-encompassing truth barometer in any spiritual sense. My own Islamic teacher, may Allah bless him, always emphasized, that the heart believes what the mind denies and that Islam's first starting point is that you believe in the unseen. I went to law school. Perhaps you might imagine that I'd be the biggest proponent of logic and rationale to be used. However, logic and rationale are only tools to aid you in your quest for the truth, but they can never be the measuring tool of what the Truth is. To demonstrate this principle, let me share with you a true story that happened on this board itself: I clearly remember a young Muslim teenager coming on this board and saying that he realizes Islam says we cannot touch people of the opposite gender. However, he said that he thought if he wore a condom and made sure to not touch the girl except with his condom-covered member that he would that way not be touching the girl herself and therefore Islam cannot have an objection to him acting out on this manner his need for sexual relase. Do you see what this young man did? He used logic and rationale to justify subversion of the rule. He was, on a technical level, logically and rationally correct; however, he was 100% incorrect on the Islamic principle which espouses that such intimacy between opposite gender is reserved for marriage because sex is only acceptable to Allah in marriage. Using similarly solely logic and reason is the same reason Iblis thought, since he was created from fire, he was better than Prophet Adam :as: and therefore should not have to bow to him. However, the reason Allah asked Iblis then in the Heavens to bow to Prophet Adam :as: is because fire has a fiery nature which means that the temperament of Prophet Adam :as:, due to the stuffs used in his creation, made for a calmer disposition more suited to leadership role of Allah's vicegerent on earth. So, logic and rationale is a tool, only a tool. Do not use logic and tool as the sole ground upon which to build faith as that will be shaky ground indeed. Instead, use logic and rationale as a tool to help you reflect but build your faith upon the belief in the unseen.

Finally, I used to be an atheist before I turned to Islam. On a material level, each side has arguments upon which to argue their side. However, Islam is based on metaphysical realities which means that you cannot argue on only the rational and logical realm and ever garner a win. Because in doing so, you will pigeon yourself into a corner and begin to lose. All the person has to do is say, "Show me Allah. Why doesn't He show Himself if He's real?" And you will never be able to show Allah, because Allah has chosen to not reveal Himself in this life in the material realm. And the answer to why Allah doesn't show Himself is because He has chosen to give us all signs in our existence instead to know Allah exists, and the people who will be able to read the signs are counted as the most intelligent of human beings on earth because intelliengce cultivated on a spiirtual realm is true intelligence upon which a person will be able to benefit both in this dunya (world) and aakhirah (hereafter) whereas intellect in the material realm dies with the person's death, that is, when his/her material existence ends on this earth. Also, think about the vast human knowledge that we have accumulated over human existence on this earth. And you know what that amounts to in the spiritual realm of all knowledge types in past, present, and future existence as an analogy? A dot on a blank piece of paper is the amount of human knowledge compared to all knowledge that has existed, does exist, and will exist. That in itself should breed humility in man to know his level is of a person who knows nothing. How can a person who knows nothing then claim that he knows Allah doesn't exist when he himself is an ignoramous? This in spiritual terms is a trait known as arrogance, because man can claim to no knowledge except that which he's managed to acquire and that itself is like nothing. And even if we managed to combine all human beings' knowledge (those long dead in history, those living in present, and those who are yet to be born), that combined knowledge compared to what we do not know will still be like nothing. So, if you trust atheism, you are lost. Lost because you're relying on material existence upon which to base and access spiritual truth. This is, based on spiritual laws, impossible. That is why Allah says in the Qur'an you must (a) first believe, then (b) strive on the (spiritual) path, and (c) Allah will then open to you signs that will make you to reach real faith instead of imitative faith. But you must be both (1) sincere and (2) patient: sincere because Allah knows your heart and mind, and patient because patience enables you to acquire insights, wisdom, and wins in deen, dunya, and aakhirah. Practicing patience is in fact one of the states of submission to Allah, because you're in essence with your actions and intention making yourself to be entrusting yourself to Allah. My Islamic teacher, may Allah bless him, always emphasized patience for each human being and said patience must be to our last (dying) breath, because otherwise we will lose either the way or our willpower to be on this way. Islam, please remember, is not a race; instead, Islam is meant as a guidance for all humankind to reach to our Lord.

Sincere Regards & Best Wishes,

:wa: (And peace be upon you)

stilltrying
02-03-2018, 10:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ishaaq
This is a strange question. Suppose the world was eternal, then someone asked "Why is the world eternal?" what would you say?
Ok I now know that the big bang is true so but I would have asked why couldn’t the earth be the uncreated creator?

stilltrying
02-03-2018, 10:41 PM
Thank you sisters and brothers for helping me. I will never give up and will try to remain positive. If it wasn’t for you guys I would have lost all hope. JZK

OmAbdullah
02-03-2018, 10:56 PM
Sister,(with all due respect) there is no need for such statements when dealing with a person who is in such state. They already feel like a kafir as it is, so no need to add to this impression. (though i 100% believe you mean all good but still. Not the best time to say that).

Respected brother, Assalaamo alaykum.

1. What I said was in fact extremely important because @stilltrying she said a few times that she is going to Hell. This is not true. You never know. It is expected that Allah will guide you right and protect you from Hell. Always keep good expectations from Allah. To a brother/sister who is confused about Tawheed, we must show both sides of the picture, side with mercy and the side with the severe punishment. If this was not true then Allah wouldn't show the two sides repeatedly. Know that Allah is the most Merciful but All-Wise and knows our nature. So Allah informed us again and again as:

Surah Al-An'aam verse 165 (translation)

(6:165) For He it is Who has appointed you vicegerent over the earth, and has exalted some of you over others in rank that He may try you in what He has bestowed upon you.146 Indeed your Lord is swift in retribution, and He is certainly All-Forgiving, All-Compassionate.
************************************************** ************************************************

As a matter of fact, mankind fears punishment
more
and becomes obedient with the thought of punishment than with the expectation of kindness and mercy. In the above (verse 165 of the surah Al-An'aam) Allah mentioned His Attribute of retribution (punishing) first and then the quality of Mercy /Forgiving.

2. What I said is true in the light of the Holy Quraan and the Sunnah. Once Ibraaheem alayhi salaam said that only those become hopeless from Allah's Mercy who are astray. See the translation of the verse 56 of the surah Al-Hijr:

56. He (Ibraaheem) said, "And who despairs of the mercy of his Lord except for those astray?"

ChosenTCO
02-05-2018, 01:41 PM
Respected brother, Assalaamo alaykum.

1. What I said was in fact extremely important because @stilltrying she said a few times that she is going to Hell. This is not true. You never know. It is expected that Allah will guide you right and protect you from Hell. Always keep good expectations from Allah. To a brother/sister who is confused about Tawheed, we must show both sides of the picture, side with mercy and the side with the severe punishment. If this was not true then Allah wouldn't show the two sides repeatedly. Know that Allah is the most Merciful but All-Wise and knows our nature. So Allah informed us again and again as:

Surah Al-An'aam verse 165 (translation)

(6:165) For He it is Who has appointed you vicegerent over the earth, and has exalted some of you over others in rank that He may try you in what He has bestowed upon you.146 Indeed your Lord is swift in retribution, and He is certainly All-Forgiving, All-Compassionate.
************************************************** ************************************************

As a matter of fact, mankind fears punishment
more
and becomes obedient with the thought of punishment than with the expectation of kindness and mercy. In the above (verse 165 of the surah Al-An'aam) Allah mentioned His Attribute of retribution (punishing) first and then the quality of Mercy /Forgiving.

2. What I said is true in the light of the Holy Quraan and the Sunnah. Once Ibraaheem alayhi salaam said that only those become hopeless from Allah's Mercy who are astray. See the translation of the verse 56 of the surah Al-Hijr:

56. He (Ibraaheem) said, "And who despairs of the mercy of his Lord except for those astray?"

Assalamu Alaykom sister.

I am fully aware and do agree/acknowledge what you have stated in the first point. However, you should also keep in mind that a person who is doubting Allah's existence, will surely doubt the punishment that ensues, thus rendering such warnings and threats as useless points to mention. These threats can even have a negative impact such as to detering people away from islam if not mentioned in a correct manner. In this case, a person who is in doubt will surely benefit much more if they heard an intellectual argument that can challenge their perception of their current theory about the natural state of this world.

Always put yourself in the shoes of the people you are talking with so that you can see their perspective and guide them from their point of view to yours. Find a common ground of perspective to build your argument from there so that it will be easier for your listeners to follow. Dont assume that they will have the same level of knowledge and faith that you have. I find this the best way to reach out to someone in need.

As for the Ayaa you mentioned, i do strongly acknowledge that threats are important and keep people in check, but only for those who already believe in him. And though the attribute of God's wrath was mentioned first, 2 of His merciful attributes followed <3 :statisfie.
(Quran 3:159) So by mercy from Allah, [OMuhammad], you were lenient with them. And if you had been rude [in speech] andharsh in heart, they would have disbanded from about you. So pardon them andask forgiveness for them and consult them in the matter. And when you havedecided, then rely upon Allah . Indeed, Allah loves those who rely [upon Him].

And Allah knows best.

stilltrying
02-13-2018, 11:28 PM
I believe. I still have sudden bursts of these feelings but I still believe. Alhamdu’lilah. Thank you all.

Umairkhan7861
01-28-2020, 05:56 PM
Believe on God is the basic point and rule in Islam,
Because our prohphet PBUH also teach us to only believe only on Allah he is the creator amd King of All universe.

Thanks and regards

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.