/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is jealousy one of the deadliest sin? And can you tell me if there’s anything in Qura

Nitro Zeus
01-10-2018, 11:41 PM
I discovered recently from prophet Muhammad that he said something that being jealous it is very big sin. And sometimes when I get 2 of 4 in Math and yesterday I got the result from semestrial math test 3 I got very angry and little bit jealous that I feel like my work is in vain, I study only to get low marks, what the he.. ??? Why it is happening? And I’m very close to the end of semester, and I feel jealous that others get higher marks in math than me, and it is the first time I get these marks including in Romanian literature. And when I try to learn to sing, I sing horrible and some they sing like one of the best artists. Then I started to wish to be able to sing beautiful, like one of the best artists, and someone told me that, if I wish this, that’s mean I’m jealous and I don’t know how to appreciate someone’s work. And once, I said to my Christian mother that I wish I could be one of the best of the best in Math, Physics, Chemistry, IT, biology, astrology and Astrochemistry, and she told me:

“stop wasting your time, you have not been made to learn this, you have been made only to learn easy things (e.g. learning other languages including your own language(Romanian) and learn to draw beautiful things like humans and so on because that what you are good at it, and learn be very creative boy, and leave something that is useful to you, you can lean Math only for not getting embarrassed outside and finish, stop being jealous at others, you have to understand that you have not been made for things with Math”

And I asked her: “how come my atheist friend knows much more Math, Chemistry, IT and Physics than me?”

And she said: “because that is how God Made Him be like that and He has made you be like that, so you can very smart like your friend but in different subject like in: art, literature, learning other languages, culture and history, like this you can be in his level of intelligent or maybe higher than him in intelligence”

And I said: “Ufff, ok then, at least I have an excuse, and I feel sorry that I am not made for this, because I hade great plans for my near future to do with these subjects with math”

She said: “you can have other great plans for your future in other subjects, and you can be appreciated by other people by doing your efforts on what you can, not on what you can’t”

And I said: “but I always wished to be a NASA airspace engineer”

And she said: “stop wishing things which you can’t touch it, because you had done back bone surgery and plus you think hard on things with math by like others and you have been always think hard on things with Math, but you have one more year of high school and you haven’t proven that you can, and it is too late to prove that you can, you supposed to prove that you can think fast and learn things with Math faster when you were in kindergarten, now it’s too late, you have to wish another job e.g. be a great translator or a great drawer, or a great linguist”

And I asked her: “what you mean I think slower? Am I the only one on Earth with this problem?”

She told me: “stay calm, that is how you are made and there are many people on Earth with your problems and some with space orientation like you have and that is normal, but to solve this, you must try your best to pay attention, and you have also another excuse, and you have also to memorize many times a hard thing to remember something”

And I told her: “I wish that I could invent that hover car, not someone”

And my Christian aunt replayed me: “Alex, you have to understand that you cannot do that, because, you have not been made for this, even your mother told you millions of times, you have to be pleased because at least someone else have invented this not being jealous at others and in future you will probably have this car, and it is very bad to be jealous at anybody”

My question is: am I committing one of the huge sin? Because, sometimes I can’t control that feeling. And sometimes, I don’t realize what I’m doing. And, was my Christian mother right what she told me? And if yes, can you tell me a verse it says that jealousy it is a huge sin?

And I want to know if in Quran it mentions that people will discover one day to fly with aircraft or spacecraft and create a wormhole in front of the aircraft and fly to the destination the pilot has set it in and to arrive in few hours in any distance safe and sound? And, does also Quran predicts that people will discover guaranteed a speed faster than the speed of light? And also does it mention that it is 100% possible that humans will discover a way to fly with aircrafts with the speed of light? Just to know because, I wish that I always wished to discover a speed faster than the speed of light and discover a way to travel through a wormhole to any destination we want and of course only with the help of God I can discover this methods of traveling. If there’s anything unclear, let me know.

Out of curiosity

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
talibilm
01-11-2018, 12:24 AM
Dear I did not read the whole post. Jealousy is the first known Sin to me as Shaitan did with Adam which lead him to thhakabur - Arrogant and Prideful which is more greater sin than that and that both lead him to Kufr the unforgivable Sin if a human dies without coming out from it that will push him into hell for ever.

Why some one is better than us , its the Decree as seen in the hadith i will post it if i could locate it inshallah. BUT ITS OUR DUTY TO TRY OUR BEST RATHER THAN JUST BLAMING IT ON OUR DECREE AND BECOMING LAZY WHICH IS ALSO SATANIC.

- - - Updated - - -

:sl:

Dear I did not read your post fully , but AFAIK jealousy is the first sin both in Paradise and Earth . Iblis first became Jealous that Allah has created a Khalifa and which lead him to become Proud and Arrogant and which in turn him lead to Kufr of denying Allahs orders , the unforgivable sin.

Becoming clever, smart, coward, courage its Allah Allah 's decree as seen in Hadith. but FIRST we have to try our best rather than just blaming it on the al Qadr -Decree because Allah helps who tries.

Nitro Zeus
01-11-2018, 05:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by talibilm
Dear I did not read the whole post. Jealousy is the first known Sin to me as Shaitan did with Adam which lead him to thhakabur - Arrogant and Prideful which is more greater sin than that and that both lead him to Kufr the unforgivable Sin if a human dies without coming out from it that will push him into hell for ever.

Why some one is better than us , its the Decree as seen in the hadith i will post it if i could locate it inshallah. BUT ITS OUR DUTY TO TRY OUR BEST RATHER THAN JUST BLAMING IT ON OUR DECREE AND BECOMING LAZY WHICH IS ALSO SATANIC.

- - - Updated - - -

:sl:

Dear I did not read your post fully , but AFAIK jealousy is the first sin both in Paradise and Earth . Iblis first became Jealous that Allah has created a Khalifa and which lead him to become Proud and Arrogant and which in turn him lead to Kufr of denying Allahs orders , the unforgivable sin.

Becoming clever, smart, coward, courage its Allah Allah 's decree as seen in Hadith. but FIRST we have to try our best rather than just blaming it on the al Qadr -Decree because Allah helps who tries.
So even if I try to study a hard subject and I did not asked for help, will He help me study easy (e.g. in Math and Physics and other things with Math and including studying how to pray) If He See me that I try my best?

loneseeker
01-11-2018, 09:05 PM
Try your best in everything and leave the result to Allah
What we think good for us might actually not good at all
Allah know best, being a great engineer will not lead you to jannah, but being pious does

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Nitro Zeus
01-11-2018, 09:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by loneseeker
Try your best in everything and leave the result to Allah
What we think good for us might actually not good at all
Allah know best, being a great engineer will not lead you to jannah, but being pious does
How do you know that this will not lead me to Heaven? Does that depends on what I do with this job? Because, I know that He will ask all of us on the Day of Judgment how we used our intelligence I suppose, right?

Nitro Zeus
02-24-2018, 11:35 AM
Is that true that God has declared in Islam that being greedy for anything is one of the major sins? Because, I heard people saying that being greedy for money for example is a major sin and I want to verify my self if it is true or not.

azc
02-24-2018, 12:24 PM
^“Beware of greed, for it was greed that destroyed those who came before you. It commanded them to be miserly and they did so. It commanded them to sever their family ties and they did so. It commanded them to behave wickedly and they did so”

Imam Abu Dawud (rahimahullah) has recorded this narration on the authority of Sayyiduna‘Abdullah ibn‘Amr (radiyallahu‘anhuma).

(Sunan Abi Dawud, Hadith: 1695)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.