/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I thought it was haram

onnanoko
01-13-2018, 02:20 PM
Assalamu alaikum
Some days ago I promised to stop doing a certain thing thinking it was haram, but recently I discovered it wasn't. I know that breaking a promise is a sign of hypocrisy and it is a major sin, but is it permissible to break it in this particular situation?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
anatolian
01-13-2018, 05:07 PM
You promised to whom? To Allah? So if you are sure its really not haram and if you promised to stop doing it to Allah thinking it was haram then you should break it because you cant make something haram to yourself which is halal. But there are the things called Makruh that are halal but discouraged. It is still better to abstain from these things.

onnanoko
01-13-2018, 07:46 PM
@anatolian I promised it to Allah. Your answer is very clear, thank you very much
jazak Allahu khayran

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.