/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Very important: Advising ops with psychiatric issues

Supernova
01-15-2018, 06:21 PM
Asalaamualaykum to one and All.

Mods: Please read this.

I have been on this forum for some time. I not have to bring this topic up.

Giving Advice to People Who Claim to Have Psychiatric Issues.

I would advise everybody who is not qualified to abstain from giving advice to such people for their own benefit. (The Claimants)

It is completely unethical.

We have people here who respond to schizophrenic patients. This is dangerous without having the persons therapist at hand. Firstly you have no idea what it is really about, people who suffer this condition have a reality world and multiple fantasy worlds. Your advice is totally futile as you have no idea how the answer is perceived. Your answer can actually be dangerous irrespective of how logical it seems to you.

We have people who claim MPD : This condition is even more absurd to reply to as you have no idea which personality actually wrote the question and which personality actually reads your reply. It is very possible that due to dynamics of inter relations between personalities that your advice becomes a detriment.

I cannot give a full list as this would turn out to be a text book.

Both from an Islamic perspective and a general ethic foundation, please abstain. If you are not qualified it is dangerous. Your answer might make sense to you or other readers but there is a very important reason that people with these issues be referred back to their therapist.

Please have some Taqwa and common sense. If you had a brother or sister with a psychiatric problem, how would you feel that someone unqualified is advising them? Just because these people come on the Forum does not mean we have the God Given Right to advise them with no understanding of their condition. The unqualified person does not even understand that generality of the psychiatric problem itself, leave alone the specifics of the individual !!!

Furthermore, I can tell you that most people on this forum who claim to have issues relating to their claim do not even have that issue. There are clear signs in ones cognition, linguistics, and contradiction to their very own claim and even their own replies.

Please understand that what I am saying here is there are certain people on this Forum who are pretending to have an issue which in itself is ANOTHER psychiatric issue altogether (The fact they are pretending to have an issue). Which psychiatric issue are you replying to ???

My humble advice to Mods is once a person claims to have a psychiatric issue – its in the persons best interest that you advice the person to see their local Mufti together with their therapist AND CLOSE THE THREAD.

Allowing others to reply is a clear detriment. I am more than sure that no Mufti or Aalim in any school of thought would encourage having a website that propagates, promotes and allows to reply to people who claim such issues with no professional assistance.

I humbly ask you to think about this stance very clearly.

Wasalaam

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Desert
01-15-2018, 06:48 PM
so your saying i am lying about my mental issues?
well ill try to act as sane as possible even though i feel as though my mind cant go pass age 9...

- - - Updated - - -

reason is that if i am lying and am fine that means i have to perform all my salahs :Dfast ramadan in which case it is impossible

- - - Updated - - -

well if that was the case i think im finished having a cup of tea on your website...
sorry for any insults or offensiveness to anyone it was my fault sorry...

bye for good....i better stick to islamqa.com for good...

M.I.A.
01-15-2018, 07:31 PM
In two minds.. no pun intended..

I have no idea what people are like when they go visit the sick.

Desert
01-15-2018, 08:47 PM
i think i have a rather religious cry
okay put it like this a mentally ill women puts on niqaab and visits the psychiatrist
the doctor will think its part of her insanity that she put on the niqaab even if the doctor is muslim
thus putting the patient in a "i think im being prosecuted for my religion mode"

some schizophrneics even claim to be god do we blame them?
they are insane...

- - - Updated - - -

emaan and high sense of religous eflation are two diffrent things

a woman wearing niqaab in mania doesnt mean she had full emaan when wearing it so I guess the
whole word insanity is put in if you get what I mean

- - - Updated - - -

its called hyper religousness in mania

:embarrass

- - - Updated - - -

another example is giving all your wealth away in charity thinking you are doing good

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Desert
01-15-2018, 10:05 PM
right now all i can do is complain and guess at which personality is me the good one or the bad one
since it felt like split personitly to whom thousands of ruqyah lessons were done on...whole diffrent topic...

- - - Updated - - -

supernova i just understood your post it does feel like personalty disorder that my mind generates a reply to...one side wants to be religious the other side clicks on the music... post traumtic stress disorder?

- - - Updated - - -

all mental issues stem from jinn posession...

speaks on my lip with my voice saying he hates god

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.