/* */

PDA

View Full Version : KIndness in Islam

Desert
01-17-2018, 12:45 AM
Hello

What does Islam say about Kindness to kafirs
can we be kind to them as much as we want
or do we get cursed or punished if we be kind to them?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
shila
01-17-2018, 01:36 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Desert
Hello

What does Islam say about Kindness to kafirs
can we be kind to them as much as we want
or do we get cursed or punished if we be kind to them?
I think the good thing being muslim is, no matter the person religion or faith is, we have to be kind to them (and this is one of those things in islam that some ignorant people don't have ability to understand about). And so, it won't counted as sin if we treat them well, I think. Unless if they doing harm to us, then we have to defend ourselves.

azc
01-17-2018, 03:32 AM
Hello What does Islam say about Kindness to kafirscan we be kind to them as much as we wantor do we get cursed or punished if we be kind to them?
Jareer ibn Abdullah reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “Allah will not be merciful to those who are not merciful to people. ” Source: Ṣaḥīḥ al-Bukhārī 6941, Ṣaḥīḥ Muslim 2319

Desert
01-17-2018, 05:37 PM
kibr was the cloak of satan I think I need to remove my kibr...:cry:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
azc
01-17-2018, 07:30 PM
kibr was the cloak of satan I think I need to remove my kibr...:cry:
Yes, Kibr is the Big Sin. Almost everyone is afflicted with this disease whether or not one realizes it, Me too

greenhill
01-18-2018, 09:45 AM
There was a story relating how the holy prophet used to hand feed a blind person who used to curse him. The blind person would say all kinds of nasty things and yet the prophet (pbuh) would listen and carried on feeding the person until the day Allah took the prophet's soul. I believe Abu Bakar ended up feeding that person in place of the prophet and was asked why he was so rough (or something to that effect) and what happened to the man that used to feed him? Abu Bakar replied that the man that fed him in the past was non other than the holy prophet and that Allah has taken him back.

The story goes that the blind person embraced islam thereafter.

But the point is, the person the holy prophet was very kind and gentle to was not only rude, but a non believer too.

:peace:

azc
01-18-2018, 09:57 AM
Plz give source of this story- - - Updated - - -
format_quote Originally Posted by greenhill
There was a story relating how the holy prophet used to hand feed a blind person who used to curse him. The blind person would say all kinds of nasty things and yet the prophet (pbuh) would listen and carried on feeding the person until the day Allah took the prophet's soul. I believe Abu Bakar ended up feeding that person in place of the prophet and was asked why he was so rough (or something to that effect) and what happened to the man that used to feed him? Abu Bakar replied that the man that fed him in the past was non other than the holy prophet and that Allah has taken him back. The story goes that the blind person embraced islam thereafter.But the point is, the person the holy prophet was very kind and gentle to was not only rude, but a non believer too. :peace:
thanks...

greenhill
01-18-2018, 11:59 AM
Ok... there was another story of a woman who used to throw rubbish at the prophet every time he would walk pass and one day when he walked by the woman was not there to throw rubbish at him and he inquired what happened to her. When he found out that she was ill, he went to visit her. She thought he had come for revenge but he was concern for her.

There are many stories about the prophet's kindness and he was a mercy for mankind, not just for believers.

On the source, if I find it I will no doubt add it. But you can surf the net to find it. These are stories I have read in the past, been told over the years and I won't remember the details, but enough to give me the guidelines I need to achieve my purpose in life.

Perhaps, maybe some other members could comment in time.

azc
01-18-2018, 01:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by greenhill
Ok... there was another story of a woman who used to throw rubbish at the prophet every time he would walk pass and one day when he walked by the woman was not there to throw rubbish at him and he inquired what happened to her. When he found out that she was ill, he went to visit her. She thought he had come for revenge but he was concern for her.There are many stories about the prophet's kindness and he was a mercy for mankind, not just for believers. On the source, if I find it I will no doubt add it. But you can surf the net to find it. These are stories I have read in the past, been told over the years and I won't remember the details, but enough to give me the guidelines I need to achieve my purpose in life. Perhaps, maybe some other members could comment in time.:peace:
Indeed, our prophet s.a.w was the most kind and merciful but the story of blind man appears to be fabricated as history reveals that there was No kafir in madina or makka when prophet s.a.w died,

greenhill
01-19-2018, 12:36 AM
Thanks for the heads-up.

Jazakallah khair

talibilm
01-19-2018, 02:10 AM
:sl:

There's another incident of an old woman who was moving out of Mecca carrying or pulling her luggage and things with too much difficulty and on seeing her Prophet :saws: offered his help walking miles with her carrying the load on his blessed shoulder. Prophet :saws: asked the reason why she was leaving Mecca at a such an old feeble age ?. She bursts saying that there's the most wicked Man called Muhammad who is turning us from our religion of our fore fathers whom I never want to meet and she kept scolding on the carrier of her goods, all the way long in a hot desert day untill she reached her destination after many miles (about 6 miles i think) . The Kind Prophet :saws: off loaded her goods and left her saying almost nothing. The Old lady yelled saying to receive a reward for this great help on Prophet's refusal to receive any remuneration she urged him at least say his name. the Shy Prophet :saws: he is that Muhammad with whom she does not want to meet.

On hearing she broke down loud and cried and sought repentance and enter Islam.

See the GREAT TRAIT OF THIS KIND NOBLE CHOSEN PROPHET OF THE LORD CREATOR , HE DOES NOT EVEN WANT TO HURT (insult) OR EVEN MAKE HER FEEL SORRY FOR SCOLDING FOR HOURS FOR HELPING HER A GREAT HELP OF CARRYING HER LUGGAGE ON HIS BLESSED SHOULDER FOR FREE ON A HOT DESERT DAY.

Subhanallah , The chosen Prophet HABIB OF ALLAH.

Haroonomary
01-19-2018, 07:05 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by shila
I think the good thing being muslim is, no matter the person religion or faith is, we have to be kind to them (and this is one of those things in islam that some ignorant people don't have ability to understand about). And so, it won't counted as sin if we treat them well, I think. Unless if they doing harm to us, then we have to defend ourselves.
This

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.