/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Who built masjid Al Aqsa ?

azc
01-19-2018, 10:36 AM
Who comes to answer first...?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ümit
01-19-2018, 12:05 PM
For what I know, Davus (as) has started the build of it, and after his death, Sulayman (as) continued the construction of it with together with the djins.

And then its been rebuild after that several times.

azc
01-19-2018, 12:16 PM
You mean Dawud a.s. Right..? Btw, Did you Google to know the answer..?

Ümit
01-20-2018, 12:20 PM
Yes...but not recently...İ googled it a while ago because of a discussion about it. İt was a discussion about which prophet was a king and ordered djins to build a glass castle and died leaning on his stick...and by coincidence this google search led me to the build of Al Aqsa

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ishaaq
01-23-2018, 12:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by umie
Yes...but not recently...İ googled it a while ago because of a discussion about it. İt was a discussion about which prophet was a king and ordered djins to build a glass castle and died leaning on his stick...and by coincidence this google search led me to the build of Al Aqsa
Masjid al-Aqsa as mentioned in the Holy Quraan refers to the entire Temple Mount where the Haykal-e-Suleman once stood.

But now it is common to refer to a specific structure with the silver dome occupying the southern edge of the Temple Mount as the Masjid al-Aqsa, but that structure did not exist when the Quran was revealed. The specific structure which is now commonly called Masjid al-Aqsa (with the silver dome) was built by an Omayyad ruler. And the Temple Mount in its entirety is now commonly referred to as simply al-Haram al-Sharif (The Noble Sanctuary).

But as I said, what the Quraan refers to as Masjid al-Aqsa is not any particular structure but the entire Temple Mount and vicinity that was the place of worship built by King Solomon.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.