/* */

PDA

View Full Version : At what century did prophet Muhammad lived?

Nitro Zeus
01-19-2018, 06:35 PM
My Christian religion teacher asked today, what religion am I, and I replayed that I’m a Muslim, the only Muslim in this class I am. And he asked me, do you know at what century did prophet Muhammad lived? And I said: “pfff, I never think about this, but I’ll make some researches” and he said: “you should do and tell me” and he said that prophet Muhammad lived on 17 century or something like that. And my Christian mother told me that: “no, prophet Muhammad lived on 6 century”. Do know exactly at what century did he lived? Because, I don’t know. And do you think it is possible to discover when it is prophet Muhammad’s birthday? Because, I always wished to discover something. Because, I some how got an idea of how to discover prophet Muhammad’s birthday and other prophets before him. Do you think it is possible to discover this? If no, can you tell me where does it says in Quran that God has hidden the knowledge of when it is each prophet’s birthday?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Misbah-Abd
01-19-2018, 08:18 PM
He lived during the 6th century to 7th century. His birthday is not in the Quran and if Allah Azza wa Jal thought it important it would of been in there. But it is not so it isn't.

Nitro Zeus
01-19-2018, 08:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Misbah-Abd
He lived during the 6th century to 7th century. His birthday is not in the Quran and if Allah Azza wa Jal thought it important it would of been in there. But it is not so it isn't.
So this means, I can never ever manage to be able to calculate and find the exact answer to “when is prophet Muhammad’s birthday”? And what does it mean in English “Azza wa Jal”?

sister herb
01-19-2018, 09:10 PM
Prophet Muhammad´s birthday is not important in Islam. Tell it to your Christian teacher.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Misbah-Abd
01-19-2018, 09:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nitro Zeus
So this means, I can never ever manage to be able to calculate and find the exact answer to “when is prophet Muhammad’s birthday”? And what does it mean in English “Azza wa Jal”?
This isn't Christianity were we make up a date and celebrate it. If you are a Muslim and on the correct path then you will know that his birthday is really not important to know to get you to your destination. Focus on his message and his sunnah. Azza wa Jal means the Mighty and Majestic.

Nitro Zeus
01-19-2018, 09:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister herb
Prophet Muhammad´s birthday is not important in Islam. Tell it to your Christian teacher.
Ok. I asked you this because, when I heard that he lived at 6 century, I started to think that this might be a clue to find the exact date of birth. And I want to know this because, I like to learn new things.

Zafran
01-20-2018, 02:36 AM
salaam

The prophets Birthday has a difference of opinion on what day it was, but generally its regarded as 12 rabi ul awal of the lunar Islamic calendar. A lot of Muslims celebrate it around the world.

You should check the seerah (biography) of the prophet Muhammad pbuh as well and know the messenger of God pbuh.

urkahnkhan
01-20-2018, 03:42 AM
He was born in 570 and died in 632 June 8th. So the answer your looking for is 570-632 this is the timeline he has lived. Which is around 62-years

Nitro Zeus
01-21-2018, 11:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by urkahnkhan
He was born in 570 and died in 632 June 8th. So the answer your looking for is 570-632 this is the timeline he has lived. Which is around 62-years
I’m sorry but your answer is not correct. Because, it needs an evidence to show the exact time he was born.

Misbah-Abd
01-21-2018, 11:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nitro Zeus
I’m sorry but your answer is not correct. Because, it needs an evidence to show the exact time he was born.
Why are you so consumed about this? I am starting to think you have some ulterior motives about it. Consider the time period. They didn't have birth certificates back then. If you are a Muslim then spend your time more efficiently on more important matters of religion. You job is to get from point A to point B and you only have this short amount of time on earth to do it.

azc
01-22-2018, 04:05 AM
@Nitro Zeus : He was born on 22nd April 571 at 4:20 a.m. (Tarikh Dawlul Arab, Rahmatul lil alameen)

Ümit
01-22-2018, 07:05 AM
Why are you so consumed about this? I am starting to think you have some ulterior motives about it. Consider the time period. They didn't have birth certificates back then. If you are a Muslim then spend your time more efficiently on more important matters of religion. You job is to get from point A to point B and you only have this short amount of time on earth to do it.
Sorry, my friend, I know you mean well...but Leave Nitro alone. your job is NOT to tell him what he should or should not do. He asks a lot, but most of his questions are legit and make sense. I wish other Muslims would ask themselfes the same questions as he does. At least he actively thinks about stuff...not like others who take everything granted blindly. He truely wants to know these things and he investigates and asks questions. Where in Islam is this forbiddon? on the contrary, Islam orders us to go and investigate and teach each other...any subject is OK...just investigate what you are interested in...no matter the importance.

azc
01-22-2018, 08:18 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by umie
Sorry, my friend, I know you mean well...but Leave Nitro alone. your job is NOT to tell him what he should or should not do. He asks a lot, but most of his questions are legit and make sense. I wish other Muslims would ask themselfes the same questions as he does. At least he actively thinks about stuff...not like others who take everything granted blindly. He truely wants to know these things and he investigates and asks questions. Where in Islam is this forbiddon? on the contrary, Islam orders us to go and investigate and teach each other...any subject is OK...just investigate what you are interested in...no matter the importance.
Agree, but the answer shouldn't be predecided, rather, the answer is to accepted if given authentically.

Ümit
01-22-2018, 11:14 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by azc
Agree, but the answer shouldn't be predecided, rather, the answer is to accepted if given authentically.
He genuinely asks Urkhankhan for evidence for the given answer. I would react the same way if I wanted to know something and someone gave me a similar answer.
My reaction would be "how do you know?, do you have a source?.

I did do a quick search on Google to find sources about when our prophet was born and I failed to find anything. even the Birthyear I cannot trace.
So, if anyone knows where this 570 AD comes from...I would be interested too.

Do not get me wrong...I am not saying that the year 570 AD is wrong...It probably is correct, but I would like to get to the bottom of things, so If knows a reference which leads to that year, I would be happy.

azc
01-22-2018, 11:25 AM
He genuinely asks Urkhankhan for evidence for the given answer. I would react the same way if I wanted to know something and someone gave me a similar answer.My reaction would be "how do you know?, do you have a source?.I did do a quick search on Google to find sources about when our prophet was born and I failed to find anything. even the Birthyear I cannot trace.So, if anyone knows where this 570 AD comes from...I would be interested too.Do not get me wrong...I am not saying that the year 570 AD is wrong...It probably is correct, but I would like to get to the bottom of things, so If knows a reference which leads to that year, I would be happy.
He was born on 22nd April 571 at 4:20 a.m. (Tarikh Dawlul Arab, Rahmatul lil alameen)

Misbah-Abd
01-22-2018, 11:42 AM
The religion is advice and I am giving him advice that he shouldn't concern himself with questions that won't give the answers he is looking for. One of the problems with asking too many questions is that it can lead to weak iman or even abandoning the religion altogether when all one had to do is keep focused on what he is suppose to do and not indulge his shaytan. The religion has been perfected and the scholars for 1400 years have gave us the answers to questions that were relevant to help the Muslim get to where he wants to go. The 21st century Muslim just has to learn it and obey. And Allah Knows Best.

Ümit
01-22-2018, 12:52 PM
The religion is advice and I am giving him advice that he shouldn't concern himself with questions that won't give the answers he is looking for. One of the problems with asking too many questions is that it can lead to weak iman or even abandoning the religion altogether when all one had to do is keep focused on what he is suppose to do and not indulge his shaytan. The religion has been perfected and the scholars for 1400 years have gave us the answers to questions that were relevant to help the Muslim get to where he wants to go. The 21st century Muslim just has to learn it and obey. And Allah Knows Best.
No, you should ask questions about stuff. Islam encourages people to go out...ask questions and seek knowledge....If you do not ask questions...you will believe every bearded man in your path and follow him leading to shirk!! Islam is knowledge...Islam is science...asking questions and getting the answer to them will not lead to a weaker imaan...on the contrary...it will confirm what you know already...the puzzle pieces will fall into place and it will contribute to a stronger imaan.
The scholars who have been giving answers for 1400 years you are talking of, were not born with that knowledge. they obtained it by asking questions...a lot of questions.

The explanation about the verse in the Quran 5:101-102 is not about seeking for knowledge...it is about asking questions about stuff which may harm you if you knew the answer. In Hadeeth you can find the example about someone asking who his mother was and Muhammed (sas) did not answer him because the answer would be an embarassment to her because of premarital sex etc. So, answering his question would harm him.

In another hadeeth someone asked about whether hadj was required every year...And Muhammed (sas) did not answer that one either, because if he did...Hadj might have been obligatory to us every year.
So, no...the verse is not about genuinely investigating stuff...it is about asking questions which you actually don't want to know the answer of or to ask questions to mock Islam, or to ask too many questions during the time of the Quran to be revealed...because like the example with the hadj issue...if people asked questions during that time, the answers would cause things being obligatory or forbidden for us when otherwise it was free.

Misbah-Abd
01-22-2018, 01:06 PM
I stand by what I advised him. Why don't you answer his question instead of arguing with me. That is if you can....

azc
01-22-2018, 01:17 PM
No, you should ask questions about stuff. Islam encourages people to go out...ask questions and seek knowledge....If you do not ask questions...you will believe every bearded man in your path and follow him leading to shirk!! Islam is knowledge...Islam is science...asking questions and getting the answer to them will not lead to a weaker imaan...on the contrary...it will confirm what you know already...the puzzle pieces will fall into place and it will contribute to a stronger imaan.The scholars who have been giving answers for 1400 years you are talking of, were not born with that knowledge. they obtained it by asking questions...a lot of questions.The explanation about the verse in the Quran 5:101-102 is not about seeking for knowledge...it is about asking questions about stuff which may harm you if you knew the answer. In Hadeeth you can find the example about someone asking who his mother was and Muhammed (sas) did not answer him because the answer would be an embarassment to her because of premarital sex etc. So, answering his question would harm him.In another hadeeth someone asked about whether hadj was required every year...And Muhammed (sas) did not answer that one either, because if he did...Hadj might have been obligatory to us every year. So, no...the verse is not about genuinely investigating stuff...it is about asking questions which you actually don't want to know the answer of or to ask questions to mock Islam, or to ask too many questions during the time of the Quran to be revealed...because like the example with the hadj issue...if people asked questions during that time, the answers would cause things being obligatory or forbidden for us when otherwise it was free.
http://www.islamweb.net/emainpage/in...waId&Id=316141

Ümit
01-22-2018, 01:25 PM
like said...I do not know the answer to his question. I cannot find a reliable source which leads to the birth year of our prophet (sas)...not saying that there isn't any...just that I wasn't able to find any. but then azc already answered his question...

And I do not want to argue with you about this...but I thought you misinterpreted the verse wrong about asking a lot of questions and I just wanted to make you alert of that.
Your choiche to do whatever you want with that

- - - Updated - - -

https://islamqa.info/en/187398

Misbah-Abd
01-22-2018, 01:29 PM
like said...I do not know the answer to his question. I cannot find a reliable source which leads to the birth year of our prophet (sas)...not saying that there isn't any...just that I wasn't able to find any. but then azc already answered his question...

And I do not want to argue with you about this...but I thought you misinterpreted the verse wrong about asking a lot of questions and I just wanted to make you alert of that.
Your choiche to do whatever you want with that

- - - Updated - - -

https://islamqa.info/en/187398

I didn't even bring up that verse in any of my posts in this thread and you were presumptuous in thinking that was the reason why I said what I said. Misunderstanding.

Ümit
01-22-2018, 01:43 PM
I didn't even bring up that verse in any of my posts in this thread and you were presumptuous in thinking that was the reason why I said what I said. Misunderstanding.
no you did not...you are right...but you were disencouraging him to investigate stuff he was interested in. you questioned his motives. I think this is wrong. To investigate the birth date of our Prophet may or may not be benefical to do our duty as a Muslim...but it sure is beneficial for common knowledge...which also counts.

sorry to attack you on this, but I strongly disagree with this...I did ask a lot of questions about Islam...not because I doubted anything...I just wanted to know...which led me to read a lot of stuff...leading to bumping onto topics and indirectly learning other things....and by continuing doing that I gained a lot of new stuff which made my imaan even stronger Alhamdoulillah.

That is why I strongly advise to ask a lot of questions and go investigate.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.