/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Dealing with a ‘toxic member’

Nk01
01-23-2018, 05:29 PM
Salaam,

I pray everyone is in good health. InshaAllah

For the last two years we as a family been going through a lot of emotions.

My brother was married to my mum’s niece ( sister daughter) our cousin from Pakistan. They did not get along. They been married for 5 years but she came to the UK and is here, past 2.5 years.

Every since she got here, she caused fights with my brother over petty things and acts like a victim of her own actions. She continuously makes my mother feel guilty of ‘ruining her life’ when that is not the case.

Long story short now, because my mother’s niece has engraved herself so much in my mother’s head, my mother emotionally blackmails my brother of getting her a british nationality. My cousin refuses to leave the country as she uses the excuse to my mother over and over again as she be ‘humiliated’ if she was to go back. Also note, her and my brother never consummated the marriage and she has no one here but my mother ( no other family members)

Her visa extension was rejected over something so trivial- missing the deadline, they didn’t apply within the grace period. That was a big wake up call from Allah. But my mother refuses to accept and has said she will fight for this girl till she dies.

My mother has been really difficult with my brother and refuses to listens to anyone.

Please advise how to deal with this. Repeatedly we spoke to our mother and told her not to be cruel but she calls him all sorts of nasty stuff as ‘dirty blood’/ curses him as ‘you’ll never be happy’.

In the past, my mother niece has brought amulets and my mother does believe in them. She put it in my brothers pillow when her niece first came in the country. I don’t want to accuse, but my mother’s obsession with her niece isn’t normal. Sometimes she’s threatening us to leave the house with her or giving our hard earned money to her.

How do we bring our mother back into her senses? We’re really running out of patience. What do we do?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Umm Malik
01-25-2018, 01:52 PM
I don't know If understand the story correctly but do you think that your mother is not controlling her actions because of something like sihr ???
If so I will give you some advices to do with all your family and inshallah Allah will take it away
If not I will come again and read your story carefully
May Allah put his blessings in your life
Ameeen

ahmed.younes
01-25-2018, 03:02 PM
It must be due to the taweeth/amulet effect on the mother. Find the taweeth and destroy it asap, and explain to her that this is form of sihr, and shirk in allah. Even if it not taweez (magic), and has only quran on it, it is still shirk, because you implying that something other than allah will protect you. nathubillah Watch this very informative video on magic sister, you will learn a lot inshallah https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=an0BUey2eKM&t=2430s

Nk01
01-29-2018, 04:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm Malik
I don't know If understand the story correctly but do you think that your mother is not controlling her actions because of something like sihr ???
If so I will give you some advices to do with all your family and inshallah Allah will take it away
Ameeen
JazakaAllah for your reply.

My mother has become ‘bipolar’ sometimes she sees the truth then sometimes she wants to hide the truth.. when she speaks to her sister in Pakistan and niece she becomes really rude to her husband and children. We have destroyed all the amulets in the house.

It’s is difficult to see my mother going through this, she blackmails my brother in living in a unhealthy marriage so her sake.

I don’t know if this is normal for a mother to do this

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Nk01
01-29-2018, 04:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ahmed.younes
It must be due to the taweeth/amulet effect on the mother. Find the taweeth and destroy it asap, and explain to her that this is form of sihr, and shirk in allah. Even if it not taweez (magic), and has only quran on it, it is still shirk, because you implying that something other than allah will protect you. nathubillah Watch this very informative video on magic sister, you will learn a lot inshallah https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=an0BUey2eKM&t=2430s
JazakaAllah.

My mother is usually depressed, where she lies in her bed all day long and doesn’t want to interact with anyone. She fetches attention where she gets grief from the most.

I will definitely take this on board and pray it’ll work InshaAllah

Supernova
01-29-2018, 04:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nk01
Salaam,

My brother was married to my mum’s niece ( sister daughter) our cousin from Pakistan. They did not get along. They been married for 5 years but she came to the UK and is here, past 2.5 years.

Every since she got here, she caused fights with my brother over petty things and acts like a victim of her own actions. She continuously makes my mother feel guilty of ‘ruining her life’ when that is not the case.

Long story short now, because my mother’s niece has engraved herself so much in my mother’s head, my mother emotionally blackmails my brother of getting her a british nationality. My cousin refuses to leave the country as she uses the excuse to my mother over and over again as she be ‘humiliated’ if she was to go back. Also note, her and my brother never consummated the marriage and she has no one here but my mother ( no other family members)

Her visa extension was rejected over something so trivial- missing the deadline, they didn’t apply within the grace period. That was a big wake up call from Allah. But my mother refuses to accept and has said she will fight for this girl till she dies.

My mother has been really difficult with my brother and refuses to listens to anyone.

Please advise how to deal with this. Repeatedly we spoke to our mother and told her not to be cruel but she calls him all sorts of nasty stuff as ‘dirty blood’/ curses him as ‘you’ll never be happy’.

In the past, my mother niece has brought amulets and my mother does believe in them. She put it in my brothers pillow when her niece first came in the country. I don’t want to accuse, but my mother’s obsession with her niece isn’t normal. Sometimes she’s threatening us to leave the house with her or giving our hard earned money to her.

How do we bring our mother back into her senses? We’re really running out of patience. What do we do?

Asalaamualaykum

You have split the Same story across two posts - please contact a admin. This will get confusing.

- - - Updated - - -

Salaam,

Asalaamualaykum

You have split the Same story across two posts - please contact a admin. This will get confusing.

Nk01
01-29-2018, 11:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm Malik
Ameeen
JazakaAllah , Waiting for your response

Umm Malik
02-03-2018, 11:18 PM
JazakaAllah , Waiting for your response
Saying

Ayatu lkursiy 1 time alikhlas .. alfalak .... annas 3 times
Its very important to say it after fajr and asr
- لا اله الا الله وحده لا شريك له له الملك وله الحمد وهو علی كل شيء قدير
La ilaha illa lah wahdahu la shareeka lah lahu lmulku wa lahu lhamdu wa huwwa ala kulli shay'en kadeer

100 times after fajer- this also- one of the most important thing you have to do evry day and if you cant try to say it- at least 10 times
The last two verse of surat albakarah
When you go to sleep

-Narrated ‘Aisha:

Whenever the Prophet (ﷺ) went to bed every Night, he used to cup his hands together and blow over it after reciting Surat Al-Ikhlas, Surat Al-Falaq and Surat An-Nas, and then rub his hands over whatever parts of his body he was able to rub, starting with his head, face and front of his body. He used to do that three times.
{ Sahee Bukhari : Hadees no : 5017 }

Recite quran in the water or olive oil or honey and drink from it especially when you wake up and when you go to sleep
OR you can recite it to your mother while you putting your hand into her forhead if she accept that ... if no .. you can just recite it yourself for your benefit to take reward and bring angels to your home and by the days he will get better inshallah
____
Saying istighfar a lote of time as much as you can while you remembering one of your sin and say it from your heart to allah to forgive you and after that you move on to another sin and make istighfar about it.
Saying la hawla wala kuwwata illa billah a lot of times
Saying alhamdulillah while you remembering one of the favors and then move to other one ....
Make a lot of douaa in your sujood and whenever you remember and at night if you can

Saying dorud upon the prophet salla lahu alayhi wa sallam as much as you can.

Wallahi even if no one from your family do this with you will see the relief inshallah even if you do it just by yourself but try to tell them to do that because if you do it all than this will be more better
This will help and there is a lot of people did it and them life get changed
I am sorry for the late reply because I was a bit busy those days
If I remember something I will tell you my sister
And I will check you thread inshallah
May allah make it easy for you
Just be patient and allah will change everything into the best
Rather its a sihr or just hard minded
Allah will change them with your hard work and your seeking help from the highest power from allah subhanah.
Wassalamo alaykum wa rahmatu lahi wa barakatuh

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.