/* */

PDA

View Full Version : yawning while Reciting the Quran and in Salah.

mohammed said
01-24-2018, 06:42 PM
Assalaam Alleyqum....Am very much disturbed with yawning in prayers and when reciting the Quran,like in my area where i reside their is a mosque and their is no consistent Imam.so most of the time i have to lead the Salah and thats where my disappointments begin.I yawn like 3times on surahtul Fatiha alone and thats too much.Its reached a point i have to go late to the mosque so as to avoid leading the Salah.Any solution to this please guide me coz am suffering

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
99sobi
01-24-2018, 08:50 PM
“If one of you yawns – according to another report: whilst praying – let him suppress it as much as he can, for the Shaytaan comes in.”

“Yawning comes from the Shaytaan, so if one of you feels the urge to yawn, let him suppress it as much as he can, for if one of you says ‘ha’ (the sound made when yawning), the Shaytaan laughs.”

Shaykh Muhammad ibn Saalih al-‘Uthaymeen (may Allaah have mercy on him) was asked: I am a young religiously-committed man, twenty-two years old. I suffer from a problem which I hope you will help me to get rid of. When I start to pray, I start yawning unintentionally. This problem is with me even when I recite Aayat al-Kursiy in particular. I do not know of any reason for that. I yawn ten times in one prayer. I hope that you can advise me. He replied: Yawning comes from the Shaytaan as the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) told us. Just as the Shaytaan tries to gain power over the one who is praying by whispering into his heart and throwing ideas into his mind, so too he may try to gain power over a person by means of yawning, so he yawns a great deal and that distracts him from his prayer. If anyone experiences that, let him do what was enjoined by the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), such as suppressing it as much as he can, and if he cannot, then let him place his hand over his mouth so that he will not give the Shaytaan any way to reach him. He should strive to come to prayer when he is energetic and active, and he should ask Allaah to protect him against what is happening to him in his prayer. If he asks Allaah sincerely and does whatever he can to rid himself of this problem, Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): “And when My slaves ask you (O Muhammad) concerning Me, then (answer them), I am indeed near (to them by My Knowledge). I respond to the invocations of the supplicant when he calls on Me (without any mediator or intercessor). So let them obey Me and believe in Me, so that they may be led aright”

https://islamqa.info/en/72313

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.