/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Help me believe

theseeking
01-24-2018, 10:48 PM
So my story is that i 1-2 years ago decided to become a muslim, have always believed in something, specially the after death thing, is something i think alot about. But something i feel very guilty about, is that im not fully convinced about there being an god, and the whole “ universe “ following it.

Its something that bothers me, i really want the true feeling and belief in god.

I really need some help advice from you guys, maybe someone have been in a similar situation.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Misbah-Abd
01-24-2018, 11:31 PM
This is what i suggest you do. Buy an anatomy book that covers all the regions of the body in detail with illustrations and all. Read it and come back and tell me your are still not convinced of a Supreme Being whose name is Allah, The Glorious, The Majestic, the best Creators and tell me that the human body is just the coincidences of evolution.

Or I have a better idea. Take a deck of cards and shuffle them up. Then I want you to throw them in the air as high as you can and what do you think are the chances that the cards will descend down in numeric order is their respective suites. What are the chances of that happening? But you have atheist scientists who believe an even more impossible scenario in the Big Bang Theory of all of the order in the universe, the earth, the human body are just the coincidences of evolution and chaos. Now what makes more sense?

A786
01-24-2018, 11:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by theseeking
So my story is that i 1-2 years ago decided to become a muslim, have always believed in something, specially the after death thing, is something i think alot about. But something i feel very guilty about, is that im not fully convinced about there being an god, and the whole “ universe “ following it.

Its something that bothers me, i really want the true feeling and belief in god.

I really need some help advice from you guys, maybe someone have been in a similar situation.

All your doubts and any questions or concerns you have regarding Islam being the truth will be answered from reading (with translation) and studying the Quran. To further wipe away any of your doubts, try to listen to a few Islamic lecture on Youtube, they are guaranteed to open up your heart towards the power of Allah (SWT).

Calmate
01-25-2018, 07:57 PM
Check this video maby you're iman get a bit stronger https://youtu.be/M9QmiT-TyKM

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Good brother
01-25-2018, 09:09 PM

your_ukht
01-25-2018, 09:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by theseeking

Peace be upon you brother.

I would say get to know Allah (SWT) by His attributes and In Shaa Allah ( God willing ) you won't have those same doubts.

If there is something you don't understand then please do ask here.

ChosenTCO
01-25-2018, 10:20 PM
Brother i think you miss understand the concept of faith. Faith is the belief in something, it is not the knowledge of something. Those are 2 entirely different things. When u have faith in something, its natural to sometimes feel doubt in your heart about it due to fluctuations of emotional factors that can conflict and interact with your belief. There is even a hadeeth that states that, a persons belief fluctuates naturally from time to time, sometimes increasing sometimes decreasing, this is why u should always practice prayer and supplication to your lord to maintain a strong faith.

However, i feel like what u seek is more than that. You seek affirmation of your belief, you seek knowledge ... and this unfortunately is almost unattainable so long as you are still living in this world. Meaning that the only way you can attain knowledge of the beyond is through death. This knowledge that you seek is often known as "Yakeen" in arabic (الْيَقِينُ). Even when God mentions a command to the Prophet regarding death, He refers to it as Yakeen

وَاعْبُدْ رَبَّكَ حَتَّىٰ يَأْتِيَكَ الْيَقِينُ
And worship your Lord until there comes to you the certainty (death). [Quran 15:99]

This is the entire concept and reason of this life, is to test our faith, not knowledge. So its ok not to have this certainty with you because your not suppose to ... your suppose to have strong faith!
The closest thing you can get to having certainty in your belief is to actually go out there and test it. Test islam and see how well it fairs with other faiths, see how it holds up on its own and give it a FAIR chance. See its miracles, concepts, rules, ...see the reasons behind these rules. Promise the Creator that you will submit to his faith if He shows you his path and give him reason to believe you, and i promise you he wont turn you down. But i strongly urge you to go out there and do your own research more than twice until your contempt with it and open your heart to the chance that there might be your creator waiting for you to stretch out your arms to him on the other side. Do that alone until your heart is contempt with the result and i promise you, you wont need anything more than that. Dont be discourages if hardship befalls you or you start feeling resistance, because its more than natural to find obstacles that tries to stop you from doing whats right (As it usually is in this world. Its more easy to do the wrong than the right) Its actually a sign that you are probably doing what u would do.

I pray to Allah that he guides you to his path and to what is best for you in this world and the hereafter. Salam :)

Mahir Adnan
02-12-2018, 03:48 PM
1. It is greater for a thing to exist in the mind and in reality than in the mind alone.
2. "God" means "that than which a greater cannot be thought."
3. Suppose that God exists in the mind but not in reality.
4. Then a greater than God could be thought (namely, a being that has all the qualities our thought of God has plus real existence).
5. But this is impossible, for God is "that than which a greater cannot be thought."
6. Therefore God exists in the mind and in reality.
-----------++-----
The expression "that being than which a greater cannot be thought" (GCB, for short) expresses a consistent concept.
GCB cannot be thought of as: a. necessarily nonexistent; or as b. contingently existing but only as c. necessarily existing.
So GCB can only be thought of as the kind of being that cannot not exist, that must exist.
But what must be so is so.
Therefore, GCB (i.e., God) exists.

almualim
02-13-2018, 01:15 AM
Assalam alaykum Brother,

Remember this, it's not always about you. You were born, you live, and then you die. Who made you? What made you significant? Are you just another meaningless existence after your death? You're not part of 7 billions world population, you're only ONE of many2 ppl who once lived from when Adam as was created, and you will be part of more to be born. So what makes you special? Allah swt. In many2 verses in quran Allah always mention how special you are in his present. You embraced islam, hold tight onto it. Read meaning of surah At-Tin. Life is a journey, death is the graduation, Jannah is your destination. Don't ask is it worth to worship Allah, but ask are you worthy of Jannah? Lastly, recite surah An-nas whenever you have a doubt. Jazakallah khair

Attachment 6356

A786
02-14-2018, 12:52 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Calmate
Check this video maby you're iman get a bit stronger https://youtu.be/M9QmiT-TyKM

Saved this comment. Looking forward to watching this vid. Thanks for the share

Atheism is Over - Proof of The Creator! - YouTube
Download the PDF book “RENOUNCE YOUR ATHEISM” here: https://files.fm/u/eqfyhqkh ► Subscribe Now: https://goo.gl/2tmfa8 ► Donate: https://www.paypal.me/mercif......

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!