/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Ghusl

Teemasan
01-26-2018, 03:39 PM
Assalam. I just made my hair with thread, forgetting that I have to perform ritual bath tomorrow. I read some hadith which says the hair doesn't have to be loosed. It said handful of water should be poured 3 times on the hair and pour water completely on the hair and body then u are pure. However am still having some doubts.Do I have to loose it?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
your_ukht
01-26-2018, 04:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Teemasan
Assalam. I just made my hair with thread, forgetting that I have to perform ritual bath tomorrow. I read some hadith which says the hair doesn't have to be loosed. It said handful of water should be poured 3 times on the hair and pour water completely on the hair and body then u are pure. However am still having some doubts.Do I have to loose it?
My dear sister check your DM

Zzz_
01-26-2018, 04:40 PM
walaikum assalaam

Shaykh ‘Abd al-‘Azeez ibn Baaz (may Allaah have mercy on him) was asked:

Some women braid their hair and when they do ghusl following janaabah they do not undo their braids. Is their ghusl valid? Please note that the water does not reach all the roots of their hair. Please advise us, may Allaah reward you with good.

He replied:

If a woman pours water over her head, that is sufficient, because Umm Salamah (may Allaah be pleased with her) asked the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) about that. She said: I am a woman with braided hair; should I undo it when doing ghusl for janaabah? He said: “No, rather it will be sufficient for you to pour three handfuls of water on your head, then pour water over yourself and you will be purified.” Narrated by Imam Muslim in his Saheeh.

So if a woman pours water on her head three times, that will be sufficient and she does not need to undo the braids, because of this saheeh hadeeth.

https://islamqa.info/en/40329

azc
01-27-2018, 07:24 AM
Aishah (ra) narrated that Asma (ra) asked the Prophet (peace be upon him) about ghusl following menses. He responded: “Let one of you take her water and lotus leaves and clean herself well, then let her pour water over her head and rub it vigorously so that it will reach the roots of her hair. Then let her pour the water over herself, then take a piece of cloth scented with musk and purify herself.” Asma (ra) said: How should she purify herself? He said: “SubhanAllah, purify yourself with it!” AIshah (ra) whispered to her to perfume the area where blood flowed. She then asked him about ghusl in the case of post sexual impurity to which the Prophet (peace be upon him) said: “Let her take water and clean herself well, then let her pour water over her head and rub it so that it reaches the roots of the hair, then let her pour water over herself.” Aishah said: The best of women are the women of the Ansaar! They don’t let shyness prevent them from understanding their religion properly.” (Muslim)

http://hadithoftheday.com/ghusl-for-ladies/

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.