/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Prophet Muhammad was short (proof)

Reminder
02-04-2018, 02:55 AM
So I had a couple of dreams with Prophet Muhammad (pbuh in the beginning and end).

I'm sharing this knowing that some aren't going to believe it because you've thought otherwise your whole life, but I assure you it's true.

He was between 5'8" and 5'9". By today's standards, that's short. However, in the past century the developed world has seen a massive increase in average height leading many to believe he was taller than he really was. I'm 5'10.5" (180cm) and he was at least an inch shorter in both dreams, I'd say more like 2 inches. Which makes him 5'8.5" by my estimation and this is backed by science. Even today, the average height of most countries for males is 5'8" and in Guatemala it's 5'2"!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
azc
02-04-2018, 04:07 AM
Don't rely too much on dreams.......

Reminder
02-04-2018, 04:10 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by azc
Don't rely too much on dreams.......
I'm telling, not suggesting.

azc
02-04-2018, 04:15 AM
The same you've already told in another thread.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Reminder
02-04-2018, 04:17 AM
The same you've already told in another thread.
Sorry

azc
02-04-2018, 04:19 AM
Imam Ibn Abi Khaythamah (rahimahullah) has recorded the following narration on the authority of Sayyidah‘Aaishah (radiyallahu‘anha):

“None who was regarded to be tall would walk alongside Rasulullah (sallallahu‘alayhi wa sallam), except that Nabi (sallallahu‘alayhi wa sallam) would be taller. At times two tall men would stand on either side of him and he (sallallahu‘alayhi wa sallam) would still be taller than them. When they would go away, they would once again be described as being tall and Nabi (sallallahu‘alayhi wa sallam) as moderate”

Hafiz Ibn Hajar Al‘Asqalani (rahimahullah) has also cited this narration under the commentary of the Hadith in Sahih Bukhari which discusses the height of Nabi (sallallahu‘alayhi wa sallam).

(Refer: Dalailun Nubuwwah of Imam Bayhaqi, vol. 1 pg. 298, Fathul Bari, Hadith: 3549, Ghayatus Sul, pg. 306 and Al Khasaisul Kubra, vol. 1 pg. 122)

M.I.A.
02-04-2018, 12:50 PM
Edit "/

Reminder
02-05-2018, 03:45 AM
Imam Ibn Abi Khaythamah (rahimahullah) has recorded the following narration on the authority of Sayyidah‘Aaishah (radiyallahu‘anha):

“None who was regarded to be tall would walk alongside Rasulullah (sallallahu‘alayhi wa sallam), except that Nabi (sallallahu‘alayhi wa sallam) would be taller. At times two tall men would stand on either side of him and he (sallallahu‘alayhi wa sallam) would still be taller than them. When they would go away, they would once again be described as being tall and Nabi (sallallahu‘alayhi wa sallam) as moderate”

Hafiz Ibn Hajar Al‘Asqalani (rahimahullah) has also cited this narration under the commentary of the Hadith in Sahih Bukhari which discusses the height of Nabi (sallallahu‘alayhi wa sallam).

(Refer: Dalailun Nubuwwah of Imam Bayhaqi, vol. 1 pg. 298, Fathul Bari, Hadith: 3549, Ghayatus Sul, pg. 306 and Al Khasaisul Kubra, vol. 1 pg. 122)
Living in denial only hurts yourself. Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) is described as average to slightly above average height. According to average heights this makes him 5'8.5".

azc
02-05-2018, 06:32 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Reminder
Living in denial only hurts yourself. Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) is described as average to slightly above average height. According to average heights this makes him 5'8.5".
It's the miracle of the prophet s.a.w that even the tallest man appeared shorter than him, he was of average hight in normal life though.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.