/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hypocrisy and Jealousy

MiracleSurvivor
02-08-2018, 10:23 PM
It really surprises me and I know there are good People out there and I’m not stereotyping. But some people I become friends with tend to be two faced, they do good deeds just so people can say they are good people but they are not. Everyone’s get jealous but to some degree. It surprises me how cruel people can be, and not only with women but with men. I’ve seen men more jealous than women.

And some Arab women that wear hijabs arent true Muslims, yes they wear hijab but they backbite and they “ hypocrites” and they get jealous easily.

and they fast and pray in public just so they show off to people.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Umm Malik
02-08-2018, 11:03 PM
NO not everyone are like that
Some people may get jealous because they don't reach the feeling of being pleased with what allah gives them but our religion can correct that feeling ...
Jealousy is a felling everyone have but just need to be controlled because it takes you sometimes to be better ...
But when it comes to be envy this what is so bad and its not good at all because before the person envies a person he first no accept the wisdom of allah in giving and taking
So ... if you see a person who looks religious do a bad morals or behavior ... dont blame the all the people like him or think like theY all are the same ... but tell yourself that he is trying to be good and one day he may change that behavior
Because we are a human being and we aren't perfect and sometimes we get a person in one situation ... and we cant contribute a person with one or two situation
They may be hypocrite or they may still trying to correct them selves just allah who can know what is in our heart
We just have to correct ourselves and if someone do a mistake we feel sorry about him and we can make douaa so he may get change hopefully.

Supernova
02-08-2018, 11:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MiracleSurvivor
It really surprises me and I know there are good People out there and I’m not stereotyping. But some people I become friends with tend to be two faced, they do good deeds just so people can say they are good people but they are not. Everyone’s get jealous but to some degree. It surprises me how cruel people can be, and not only with women but with men. I’ve seen men more jealous than women.

And some Arab women that wear hijabs arent true Muslims, yes they wear hijab but they backbite and they “ hypocrites” and they get jealous easily.

and they fast and pray in public just so they show off to people.

Asalaamualaykum.

Firstly, despite you saying that you don't stereotype - YOU JUST DID !!!

You stereotyped both in gender and race. This is equivalent to me starting off by saying "I'm not saying that you an idiot" and in the very next paragraph I call you an idiot.

Secondly, You have no idea what is within the breast of a believer when they fast or pray Salaah. You are not in a position to say that someone's sincerity is flawed at the time of them doing a good action.

Concern yourself with begging Allah SWT to accept your own good deeds. Irrespective of whether others do it sincerely or not, does not change anything to your position in the grave or the day or reckoning.

Blowing out other peoples candles doesn't suddenly make your's brighter !

Work to attaining humility and keep your eyes on the prize. People who often take that stance you have taken forget their own flaws and in turn never ask for forgiveness.

MiracleSurvivor
02-09-2018, 01:00 AM
I said SOME PEOPLE. I didn’t say ALL. I Said some people are hypocrites and some people are good Muslims. It’s just i Met some people who wear hijab and have boyfriend and some who wear hijab and very nice. There are good men and women out there, but I’ve come across some that seem to be very jealous over everything.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Zzz_
02-09-2018, 05:24 PM
Yes, some people are like that. No need to sugar coat it or make excuses for it. Some people will pretend to be islamic outwardly but what they do outside of public eye is worst then what kuffars do. That is the reality of this ummah, not everyone is innocent and angelic. If you have two faced friends, you should give them dawah about what matters the most and their deeds won't be accepted in the Hereafter.

Whoever does righteous deeds or acts of worship with the aim of attaining some worldly gain only, will get it but will have no share in the Hereafter.

Allah, may He be exalted, says (interpretation of the meaning): “Whoever desires the life of this world and its adornments - We fully repay them for their deeds therein, and they therein will not be deprived” [Hood 11:15].

https://islamqa.info/en/228454

shamsnaj
02-09-2018, 09:46 PM
Its absolutely wrong to call someone an idiot Mr, instead give him an advice please.

ChosenTCO
02-10-2018, 03:52 AM
To be honest it sometimes surprises me as well. Even though ive seen almost all of it. You really cant depend on the outwards appearance anymore to tell you about the person. But then again, it was never the right way to judge someone from their outwards looks or actions.
I, also, have seen girls who wear descent hijabs to have been hanging out with guys doing gestures involving touching or embracing one another. Others having pictures on facebook without their hijab on in social parties that probably involves drinkings and other stuff. On the other hand, ive seen girls who wear semi hijabs or even worse be 100 times more respectable that some of the girls who actually do observe full and proper hijab. So dont count on the outwards appearance all the time ... Most of the time its deceiving and inaccurate of the persons true nature. Thats why its not enough to know someone just by looking at them.

cinnamonrolls1
02-10-2018, 10:06 PM
I understand what ur saying but what do u expect? No ones perfect. Islam's perfect but we sure as hell are not. Like my father says " dont judge Islam by muslims"

cinnamonrolls1
02-10-2018, 10:13 PM
Also we cant judge ppl, Especially with hijab. Hijab isnt easy.

Zzz_
02-10-2018, 10:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cinnamonrolls1
Also we cant judge ppl, Especially with hijab. Hijab isnt easy and i mean this. As someone whos been wearing it for quite a bit now iv realised that people will think you're perfect because you're wearing it. Same for non hijabis tho iv seen non hijabis with great imaan and hijabis who lie etc. Back to hijab tho, its difficult man! When i see how i stick out like a sore thumb at school compared to other folk in my year and im like the "token" muslim its hard. To constantly have that pressure on you to be a perfect ambassador for Islam well... It aint easy. I slip up sometimes, i backbite sometimes( heck we all do, not justifying it but being realistic) but what you do after u realise that u sinned is important... If you ask for forgiveness from Allah and try your hardest not too do it again. And you know what, people are always gonna come at you!
Sorry for my giant ramble now
There is a big difference between hijabis like you who try and slip up now and then, and those hijabis who wear hijab out of fashion or something but don't represent it one bit in terms of actions.

azc
02-11-2018, 03:45 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by MiracleSurvivor
It really surprises me and I know there are good People out there and I’m not stereotyping. But some people I become friends with tend to be two faced, they do good deeds just so people can say they are good people but they are not. Everyone’s get jealous but to some degree. It surprises me how cruel people can be, and not only with women but with men. I’ve seen men more jealous than women. And some Arab women that wear hijabs arent true Muslims, yes they wear hijab but they backbite and they “ hypocrites” and they get jealous easily.and they fast and pray in public just so they show off to people.
What you are doing is also backbiting...

Butterfly
02-11-2018, 04:02 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by azc
No, this isn't considered backbiting, brother. Backbiting is defaming someone. She was generalizing characters of people she came across, and we have no idea who these people are.

azc
02-11-2018, 04:27 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Butterfly
No, this isn't considered backbiting, brother. Backbiting is defaming someone. She was generalizing characters of people she came across, and we have no idea who these people are.
If they come to know what she has posted on board about them,, then, Will they like or dislike...?

ChosenTCO
02-11-2018, 10:59 AM
Backbiting is when someone maliciously talks about someone else behind their backs. When a reference is made to identify someone, its not the same when that reference is made to insult someone. There is a difference. Here she did not identify the people she was referring to by name as well as she didnt mention their actions as means to insult. she was using it to inform us what made her surprised. That is why this doesn't classify as backbiting.

azc
02-11-2018, 11:44 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ChosenTCO
Backbiting is when someone maliciously talks about someone else behind their backs. When a reference is made to identify someone, its not the same when that reference is made to insult someone. There is a difference. Here she did not identify the people she was referring to by name as well as she didnt mention their actions as means to insult. she was using it to inform us what made her surprised. That is why this doesn't classify as backbiting.
As Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) once addressed His companions by saying:
“Do you know what Gheebah (backbiting) is?”
They said:
“Allah and His Messenger know best.”
He said:
Saying something about your brother that he dislikes.”
They asked:
“What if what I say about my brother is true?”
He said:
“If what you say is true then you have backbitten about him, and if it is not true, then you have slandered him.”(Muslim)

Q: suppose if they come to know that they've been exposed on islamicboard, then... Will they dislike it or not...?

Zzz_
02-11-2018, 04:04 PM
She didn't single anyone out, rather she said some people are like that and some friends i made are like that. This is just to inform others what kind of people are out there. Stop taking things out of context and slapping hadith on them based on your own understanding and viewpoint.

cinnamonrolls1
02-13-2018, 06:57 PM
Lets all just calm down a bit plssss

azc
02-14-2018, 03:52 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zzz_
She didn't single anyone out, rather she said some people are like that and some friends i made are like that. This is just to inform others what kind of people are out there. Stop taking things out of context and slapping hadith on them based on your own understanding and viewpoint.
Learn how to control your anger. Being short tempered is a disease

Zzz_
02-15-2018, 03:29 AM
Learn how to control your anger. Being short tempered is a disease
Learn to read the posts without assumptions.

Desert
02-15-2018, 04:40 AM
jESUS TAUGHT US TO LOVE THY NIEGHBOR

azc
02-15-2018, 06:32 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Desert
jESUS TAUGHT US TO LOVE THY NIEGHBOR
indeed, and we believe that he was a great prophet a.s.

MiracleSurvivor
02-19-2018, 01:55 AM
Like my dad’s coworker he is told my mom that my dad is cheating on her, and he told my dad to divorce my mom. They are alll Muslims. But it struck me as shock at how snakes people can be.

why do some people like to ruin other people lives?

MiracleSurvivor
02-23-2018, 07:51 PM
Like I notice this a trend.

there are many Arab Muslims in my neighborhood that just pray and fast so people can say they pray and fast. They show off that they are religious but actually they are not.

they only wish good for themselves and are extremely selfish.

Im not saying ALL Arab Muslims, just some that I know.

why are some people so nasty?

Zzz_
02-23-2018, 09:53 PM
Best thing to do is stay away from wannabees and fakes so they cannot harm you in anyway.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.