/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Good Islamic Leaders

anatolian
02-14-2018, 03:24 PM
Salam. Lets name your examples of good Islamic leaders of our time and maybe the recent history also. Whats your justification for their goodness? What are the best things they did? That is for the political or movement leaders.

Some of my examples are Aliya Izzet Begovic, Yasser Arafat and Dzhokhar Dudayev for the efforts they have done for the independance and formation of their Muslim nations. However I cannot see an example today..

Thanks

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
azc
02-14-2018, 03:38 PM
Recep Tayyip Erdoğan......Turkey, President

Misbah-Abd
02-14-2018, 10:36 PM
If those leaders do not rule by the law of Allah then they are not Islamic leaders but taghut leaders. And Allah Knows Best.

Desert
02-14-2018, 11:58 PM
Mubarak Hosni and Musharaff of pakistan back then I wasnt so oppressed by psychology

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
anatolian
02-15-2018, 04:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by azc
Recep Tayyip Erdoğan......Turkey, President
I think he serves for a good purpose. Before him we did not have an example of an Islamic leader at all. After him we have an example of a bad Islamic leader. Now we know everything how a good Islamic leader must not be...

format_quote Originally Posted by Misbah-Abd
If those leaders do not rule by the law of Allah then they are not Islamic leaders but taghut leaders. And Allah Knows Best.
Basically you are right. But what if we do not have the enough authority to establish Shariah? Cannot we atleast immitate the law of Allah as much as we can? For example we know that stealing is haram and even be punishable by the cutting the hand of the thief. We can at least not steal and can prevent others from stealing. Just like that..

format_quote Originally Posted by Desert
Mubarak Hosni and Musharaff of pakistan back then I wasnt so oppressed by psychology
Whats your justification for them?

azc
02-15-2018, 05:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anatolian
I think he serves for a good purpose. Before him we did not have an example of an Islamic leader at all. After him we have an example of a bad Islamic leader. Now we know everything how a good Islamic leader must not be... Basically you are right. But what if we do not have the enough authority to establish Shariah? Cannot we atleast immitate the law of Allah as much as we can? For example we know that stealing is haram and even be punishable by the cutting the hand of the thief. We can at least not steal and can prevent others from stealing. Just like that.. Whats your justification for them?
I like his raising voice for Rohingya Muslims.

سيف الله
02-15-2018, 09:57 PM
Salaam

format_quote Originally Posted by Desert
Thats an odd choice, whats so good about them?

Misbah-Abd
02-15-2018, 10:04 PM
Basically you are right. But what if we do not have the enough authority to establish Shariah? Cannot we atleast immitate the law of Allah as much as we can? For example we know that stealing is haram and even be punishable by the cutting the hand of the thief. We can at least not steal and can prevent others from stealing. Just like that..
We are talking about leaders of a nation. So why would they not have the authority to implement the Shariah? These leaders are going to be questioned about this and they bear a heavy responsibility on the Day of Judgement.

ChosenTCO
02-15-2018, 10:19 PM
We are talking about leaders of a nation. So why would they not have the authority to implement the Shariah? These leaders are going to be questioned about this and they bear a heavy responsibility on the Day of Judgement.
Are you aware of the amount of resources it takes to change at least one part of a system of an entire city let alone the whole country? its much easier said than done, and we should pardon those who cant make these monumental changes in an instant, but i do agree that we should at least witness a slight change or small efforts in the direction of islam. I just want to point out that its not as easy as one might think. So dont be hasty in throwing judgement on them when you are probably not aware of the full picture and the whole processes of going through with such change.

I pray that all guide our leaders to the better of the umma and for themselves in this dunya and akira as well.

new2010
02-15-2018, 10:26 PM
Honestly, I wonder why people always come up with punishment in sharia law. Sharia means much more than cutting hands and stoning people. By the way: It's almost impossible that all conditions are met to stone someone to death because of adultery.

I would be very glad, when those Islamic leaders we have with all their goods and bads, would be able to guarantee Muslims in the first place to practice their religion in freedom, without any fear and struggle. Nevertheless, before that, we need stability in Islamic countries. In the first place Syria and Irak; when the leaders could manage that, and help our brothers and sisters stop suffering over there, a huge step to sharia would be taken, I guess. But what I see is, we didn't understood the basics and try to adapt things that are irrelevant in the first place. Like someone who has no home but orders furniture. And in the long term, furniture is not important at all, even when you build your home. It's a think of respect and mercifulness. Just look at the people in non-Muslim countries they convert to Islam, even there are this attacks "in the name of Islam". Just imagine Muslims would not be in the newspapers because of these negative stuff, but because of stories of rahma, just imagine how many people would convert to Islam than, but I am deviating from the topic, sorry. :-)

wa Allahu Alem.

*charisma*
02-15-2018, 10:30 PM

Misbah-Abd
02-15-2018, 10:35 PM
Charisma, true. The leaders are only a mirror of what the people are like. If they are just then their leaders are just. If they are corrupt then their leaders will be so. Some Muslims don't want to be governed by the Law of Allah.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NB5n...ndex=24&t=173s

Ibn Al-Qayyim: Oppressive Rulers are a Manifestation of the actions of people | Dr. Raslan - YouTube
شيخ الإسلام الثاني الإمام إبن القيم رحمة الله: الولاة من جنس أعمال العباد | للعلامة الدكتور محمد سعيد رسلان حفظه الله مترجم للانجليزية Oppressive Kings, Lead......

new2010
02-15-2018, 10:41 PM
There are basically two ways, as far as I am concerned:
1. Brutality
2. Politically

We have seen what the first option caused in the near east. Nothing, just refugees and miserable. In a country with a true shariaa people wouldn't flee. The end of this is just chaos. When we come to the second option, it's difficult either. How do you imagine that? To change a political system you need the majority of the society, and I am not talking about 50-60 per cent. Have you ever heard something about regime changes? When a leader tries to implement a law that is against the imperialist, they will do everything to replace that leader. It's has been proven in recent history that this happens.

سيف الله
02-15-2018, 11:02 PM
Salaam

Heres a candidate Bro Malcolm X.

Misbah-Abd
02-15-2018, 11:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Junon
Salaam

Lets not call him by his name when he believed in the kufr of the Nation of Islam. He died, Malik Shabazz, may Allah have mercy upon him.

new2010
02-15-2018, 11:25 PM
Lets not call him by his name when he believed in the kufr of the Nation of Islam. He died, Malik Shabazz, may Allah have mercy upon him.
Be Honest, you're waiting for a Umar ibn al-Khattab II, aren't you? And even he has made mistakes (generally speaking).

Misbah-Abd
02-16-2018, 01:40 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by new2010
Be Honest, you're waiting for a Umar ibn al-Khattab II, aren't you? And even he has made mistakes (generally speaking).
We all make mistakes. If we are believers and not deviant, we refrain from speaking about the Sahaba in anything but the best way out of respect for the best generation that was ever raised up from mankind.

cinnamonrolls1
02-16-2018, 07:00 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Junon
Salaam

What a beautiful soul, May Allah have mercy on him and his family.

Sent from my [device_name] using IslamicBoard mobile app

azc
02-16-2018, 07:47 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by new2010
What you are saying about hazrat Umar RA is reprehensible.

new2010
02-18-2018, 06:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by azc
What you are saying about hazrat Umar RA is reprehensible.
Just to clarify that: I am not saying that! I say people who are not like Umar radiAllahu anhum are reprehensible, who are not able to take critique and criticises themselves...

Alamgir
02-24-2018, 09:53 AM
Zia Ul Haq, he tried to make Pakistan a state ruled by Sharia and was instrumental in removing the Soviets from Afghanistan.

Muhammad Ali Jinnah, tried to establish a state based purely on Islam and the common identity of Muslims rather than ethnicity. He also tried to remove sectarianism.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and Asalamu Alaikum guys

- - - Updated - - -

If we go back in time a little further, Ahmed Shah Abdali is an excellent one. He was the last major Islamic conqueror, crippling the Marathas and launching frequent raids into the Sikh Empire. He even tried to help Muslims suffering in China, and was a rather good poet.

- - - Updated - - -

There's also Tipu Sultan, he fought bravely against the British during their conquests of India.

سيف الله
05-06-2018, 09:58 PM
Salaam

This is relevant.

Blurb

What you see is a family picture is a family meeting, The Islamic Summit Conference held in 1974 in Lahore was hosted by Pakistan and came to be known as the Lahore Summit. It was an extra ordinary summit, called to discuss the Middle East situation in the wake of Arab Israel war and the oil embargo imposed by Arabs. It was attended by the head of states, ministers and dignitaries from Muslim countries all over the world. Some of the participant countries were Afghanistan, Algeria, Bangladesh, Egypt, Indonesia, Iran, Saudi Arabia, Libya, Malaysia, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Turkey, Palestine and many other sovereign nations.

The Visiting delegations were warmly welcomed by the people of Lahore. This summit, was opened with the recognition of Bangladesh by Bhutto, it made India realise that the Islamic family is loving and forgiving, the summit recognised Palestine as an independent state and also sent a message to the world of Muslim resources on the planet, especially the oil. This summit is important because, it was the only major summit in modern history to get the Islamic world together and give Jerusalem the respect it deserves.

peacefulone
05-07-2018, 11:04 AM
Salaam alaykum wr wb
This is an interesting thread. It got me to research more about the islamic leaders and I found this consise list of the islamic leaders in history
https://www.metmuseum.org/toah/hd/isru/hd_isru.htm

List of Rulers of the Islamic World | Lists of Rulers | Heilbrunn Timeline of Art History | The Metropolitan Museum of Art
“A list of caliphs and wazirs in the Islamic world covering dynastic reigns (Rashidun, Umayyad, ‘Abbasid, Barmakid, Tulunid, Ikhshidid, Fatimid, Ayyubid, Mamluk, Seljuqs, etc.) across Iran, Iraq, Syria, Egypt, the Arabian Peninsula, the Caucasus, Asia Minor, Turkey, and the rest of Western Asia.”...

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.